OBDEleven Formentor - See below for working ones

Tell

Staff member
I think I get what you're saying. I'm still a bit new to this. But yes, it seems the infotainment screen just isn't setup to use the acceleration input as is.

What I did was just set the measurement to "Active" in OBDeleven, but some more work seems to be necessary. Would be an awesome gadget to have on the dash.
You will have to look for the dash code. It could be a FeC that enables it if we are not at cross purposes. I don't think anyone has hacked the mib3 FeC codes. In mib2 there is the performance gauge that's controlled by a FeC, an added value screen that people wanted, now can be done by retrofitters or DIY. That's a different type of suppressed menu, that one was locked down by a license code. The DLR menu one in mib3 is free you can change that one yourself in Obdeleven as Deano did. Question is whether this is an enhanced performance gauge screen they are holding back... if one isn't at cross purposes on the virtual cockpit or infotainment screen. Question of keeping an eye on published mods.

Reactions: kondziu80
May 5, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Greetings from Poland. I would like to ask you about ambient lighting. Did you try to change color code? New versions of Formentor in Poland comes with diffrent ambient colors (including purple, picture attached). Of course dealers doesn't know if older cars will get color update. I have latest soft version (1896).

Do you know if it is possible to change color codes in Formentor, like in link below (2:47)?

Attachments

• received_707500760550385.jpeg
    received_707500760550385.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 227

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Not used my obdeleven pro for a while ,thought i would scan my car before getting it Tuned. gets stuck on 26/34 telematics tried all the usual stuff to no avail .never seen it get stuck ever on the 7 cars ive used it .any ideas ?
just scanned wifes ibiza scanned fine...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Has anyone got this working ?
i have a MY22 car from 2021 this does not work,,,it just says something went wrong when i try.

ACTIVATE CRUISE CONTROL OPTION IN MENU

- Select Control unit 13
- Select “Long coding”
- Select “Cruise control mode”
- Select “Activated”
RESULT : You now have choice of ACC, Cruise Control or Speed Limiter in the menu

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
To sum things up in one post.
For a MY22 ( built after week 40 2021 ) Formentor V2
Using an OBDeleven gen2 with an Android phone
The following do work.

1/ DEACTIVATE OVERTAKING RIGHT PREVENTION

- Select Control Unit 13
- Select “Long Coding”
- Select “Overtaking_right_prevention”
- Select “Deactivated”
RESULT : Car no longer slows down when overtaking with ACC running.

2/ LANE ASSIST SETTINGS

- Select Module A5 (Driver Assistance) ->
- Select “Long Coding”
- Select “Configuration For Lane Departure Warning K15”
- Set To “Last Setting”
RESULT : The lane assist function remembers the last setting.

3/ LANE ASSIST WARNINGS

- Select Module A5 (Driver Assistance)
- Select “Long Coding”
- Select “Lane Assist Off Text”
- Select “Disabled”
RESULT : No orange icon showing in the dash that lane assist is off.

4/ REAR LIGHTS ON WITH DRL

- Select Central Electric 09
- Select “Adaptation”
- Select “Daytime running lights”
- Select “Daytime running lights / Parking Light”
- Select “Active”

Immediately then do this

- Select “Adaptation”
- Select “Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahtlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich standlicht” ( Scandinavian DRL )
- Select “Active”
RESULT : Front and Rear DRL working ( No fogs lights on )

5/ ACTIVATE DRL CONTROL IN INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM

- Select “Adaptation”
- Select “Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich”
- Select “active”
Now reboot the infotainment system

RESULT : DRL’s can now be switched off in the infotainment exterior lights menu

6/ ACTIVATE CRUISE CONTROL OPTION IN MENU

- Select Control unit 13
- Select “Long coding”
- Select “Activated”
RESULT : You now have choice of ACC, Cruise Control or Speed Limiter in the menu
number 6 does not work on my MY22 formentor....just says something went wrong.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
i have a MY22 car from 2021 this does not work,,,it just says something went wrong when i try.

- Select Control unit 13
- Select “Long coding”
- Select “Activated”
yes I have it working.

Did you have the bonnet open ?
was the engine running ?

Reactions: Tell

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Anyoneone

- Select Control unit 13
- Select “Long coding”
- Select “Activated”
Anyone else got this working please ?

Rizzt

May 11, 2022
Hi, New to the forums. Just received my Formentor 245 PHEV a couple of weeks ago.

A question. Has anyone tried to activate "travel assist"?

THIS ACTIVATES A SORT OF TRAVEL ASSIST. TO WORK, THE LANE ASSIST EARLY MUST ALSO BE CODED AND THE ACC MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THE SET SPEED. IT ALSO WORKS UNDER 60 KM/H.
- Select Long Coding
- Select HC Variant
- Set To Variant 1

Greetings from Sweden

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Maybe it's related to getting stuck on the
Anyoneone

Anyone else got this working please ?
Yep, I got that one working with no issues. Have to note I did it before the 1896 update - if that could be relevant.
I do get the "something went wrong" every once in a while, but it usually works on the 2nd or 3rd press.

Door open, bonnet open, ignition on.

Hi, New to the forums. Just received my Formentor 245 PHEV a couple of weeks ago.

A question. Has anyone tried to activate "travel assist"?

THIS ACTIVATES A SORT OF TRAVEL ASSIST. TO WORK, THE LANE ASSIST EARLY MUST ALSO BE CODED AND THE ACC MUST BE ACTIVE WITH THE SET SPEED. IT ALSO WORKS UNDER 60 KM/H.
- Select Long Coding
- Select HC Variant
- Set To Variant 1

Greetings from Sweden
Welcome to the club!
"Travel Assist" is a standard feature in the Safe and Driving Pack XL. If you have this, you even have a button on the steering wheel for it.
It's pretty nice.

I wonder if this means it's actually possible to get it without the XL pack. I thought some hardware might be needed.

Rizzt

May 11, 2022
Welcome to the club!
"Travel Assist" is a standard feature in the Safe and Driving Pack XL. If you have this, you even have a button on the steering wheel for it.
It's pretty nice.

I wonder if this means it's actually possible to get it without the XL pack. I thought some hardware might be needed.
No, I do not have travel assist on the car. Only ACC with lane assist, Standard package Large. I read this in one of the Seat Leon forums. And someone had it working on a car without the "extra button" on the steering wheel. Would be cool if it worked on the formentor. Here you can see a video: https://youtube.com/shorts/nZ7TmGoBGVo?feature=share

Eryas

Feb 21, 2022
Belgium
I really want to know what could be missing (hardware ?) to have a Travel Assist when you already have lane assist and ACC :unsure:

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
No, I do not have travel assist on the car. Only ACC with lane assist, Standard package Large. I read this in one of the Seat Leon forums. And someone had it working on a car without the "extra button" on the steering wheel. Would be cool if it worked on the formentor. Here you can see a video: https://youtube.com/shorts/nZ7TmGoBGVo?feature=share
Well damn! That looks like travel assist alright.

Would be a cool hack to actually get it on a non-XL Package car. You have to try it now :LOL:

Rizzt

May 11, 2022
I really want to know what could be missing (hardware ?) to have a Travel Assist when you already have lane assist and ACC :unsure:
Very good question. Seems to be a "pay to unlock" thingy. As I understand everyting is already installed. Exept for the button on the steering wheel.

Tell

Staff member
Leon 4 Obdeleven thread on here has some steering wheel changing stuff in it... I can't say I have read that in detail, but it's on this subject. They have been busy changing steering wheels on there.... might be worth eyeballing to see what they were up to.

Vag have shifted more to FeC to unlock with the latest platform.

Rizzt

May 11, 2022
Well damn! That looks like travel assist alright.

Would be a cool hack to actually get it on a non-XL Package car. You have to try it now :LOL:
Leon 4 Obdeleven thread on here has some steering wheel changing stuff in it... I can't say I have read that in detail, but it's on this subject. They have been busy changing steering wheels on there.... might be worth eyeballing to see what they were up to.

Vag have shifted more to FeC to unlock with the latest platform.

I tested it. And it works!
One annoying thing tho. The "Place hand on steering wheel" warning came quite fast. And even if I had the hands on the wheel. It sometimes came up.
Maybe some other setting for this to be less prone. So I reverted back to Stock. I need to investigate further. Or if anyone got an idea.

Other settings I did was to turn of the annoying auto lock over 15Kph. I do not live in a car hijack country.

Well anyway. First coding on my new car. Great success I believe.

Reactions: Eryas and Tell

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Maybe it's related to getting stuck on the

Yep, I got that one working with no issues. Have to note I did it before the 1896 update - if that could be relevant.
I do get the "something went wrong" every once in a while, but it usually works on the 2nd or 3rd press.

Door open, bonnet open, ignition on.

Welcome to the club!
It's pretty nice.

ok thanks could be because i have had the software updated very recently at the dealer then.

FormentorV2

Oct 19, 2021
Silly question perhaps - is it possible to switch the wireless charging module off via OBDEleven?

Feb 22, 2022
guys I'd like to ask a couple of questions:

1) where can I find a list of verified encodings for formentor?

2) entering the control units via OBD11 and without changing anything, remains a trace that they can view in Seat?

3) if I carry out an encoding, can Seat display my encoding?

4) if yes to (3), if I then put the original coding back, can they view the intervention in Seat?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members