OBDEleven Formentor - See below for working ones

Tell

Staff member
guys I'd like to ask a couple of questions:

1) where can I find a list of verified encodings for formentor?

2) entering the control units via OBD11 and without changing anything, remains a trace that they can view in Seat?

3) if I carry out an encoding, can Seat display my encoding?

4) if yes to (3), if I then put the original coding back, can they view the intervention in Seat?

1. It's on the thread. There are some questions about one or may be two that don't work on Formentor's believed to be associated with the firmware. Unlike other boards it isn't a cut and paste list from other VAG cars.

2. No, they aren't that bright.

3. It can be seen but again they wouldn't be looking for it unless it broke something.

4. No I'd say.

Suggest you keep well clear of the micropayment credit apps. They are designed to make it easy but if they aren't correct you can't wind back what they did. There are followers of these since Obdeleven have provided the tools in their enhanced package which essentially allows crowd sourcing of mods but without proper QA using may mess up the cars coding. If you don't have the Pro license you can't attempt to untangle what they did. They are in Obdeleven to challenge Caristas market for that type of app but both fall foul of the same issue.

I have always kept well clear of performance mods. I dont reckon there aren't any on the thread so far.

With mods it's a question of looking at what is published for the car model, then looking at mods for the associated platform, Leon 4, Golf 8 across boards. Specific lighting arrangements or other kit won't be the same, core things will be. On the specific you are on your own until the user community has worked out the mod. On the rear lights one that has been done on the thread as an example. German tends to be used but sometimes translated as the terms within the mods. When you are in uncharted mods if you don't know German you are translating German words, fun. You can take a freeze picture of the Obdeleven screen atleast in Android, feed that image into Google translate app, rub on the word and see what it's saying. Where German speakers have the edge on uncharted mods.

Feb 22, 2022
in fact I will avoid the ready-made encodings of OBD11, instead I want to carry out encodings manually but I'm looking for some list of already verified encodings

Tell

Staff member
Answered your question on April 20th

At the minute we don't have a resource which would be a fixed link with working ones and cut the conversation from it with this being the discussion side linked, so you have to make your way down the thread.

Perhaps @DEAN0 wants to write the resource ?. Think we are still in a discovery phase at the minute.

Since I replied 20th April there have been some more on the thread. I don't have the car, so I'd end up the editor of the resource. I can do that.

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Maybe it's related to getting stuck on the

Yep, I got that one working with no issues. Have to note I did it before the 1896 update - if that could be relevant.
I do get the "something went wrong" every once in a while, but it usually works on the 2nd or 3rd press.

Door open, bonnet open, ignition on.

Welcome to the club!
"Travel Assist" is a standard feature in the Safe and Driving Pack XL. If you have this, you even have a button on the steering wheel for it.
It's pretty nice.

I wonder if this means it's actually possible to get it without the XL pack. I thought some hardware might be needed.
tried it several times today bonnet open door open ignition on still wont have it .at least i have the rear drl on now .

Reactions: Tell
Feb 22, 2022
guys, talking to a friend of mine who works in the Seat workshop, he told me that the use of OBD11 invalidates the warranty and that any coding, adaptation or modification via OBD11 remains detectable; what do you think?

Tell

Staff member
guys, talking to a friend of mine who works in the Seat workshop, he told me that the use of OBD11 invalidates the warranty and that any coding, adaptation or modification via OBD11 remains detectable; what do you think?
Several things Seat tech have their work cut out with the current platform so they don't look for work. Anybody with a PCP car or other deal where they don't technically own the car must bear the consequence of what they do to it. If you messed it up I'm sure they would look for coding changes before taking a car back that had be rejected. Simple task of looking at what should be loaded in the control units and what is. They aren't going to look for that without a reason.

FormentorVZ3

May 22, 2022
In case anyone should need it.
These are the current possible settings that can be made with OBD Eleven.

IMG_1369.jpeg IMG_1370.jpeg IMG_1371.jpeg IMG_1372.jpeg IMG_1373.jpeg IMG_1374.jpeg IMG_1375.jpeg IMG_1376.jpeg IMG_1377.jpeg IMG_1378.jpeg IMG_1379.jpeg IMG_1380.jpeg

Reactions: LetsForment

Tell

Staff member
That's using the black box apps that as a user you don't know what they are doing or code and know what they are doing. The app lists are useful as a guide to what can or may be done. Personally I don't recommend one click apps. Experience of too many Excel sheet macros that people write that crash out and leave your spreadsheet in a funny state. You would not want your car left like that. It's everybodies decision.

FormentorVZ3

May 22, 2022
That's how it is, it's everyone's own decision.
I just wanted to show, those who want to do it, what is possible.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Some nice inspiration on that list! Does anyone know where to find the setting for these:

1. Acoustic confirmation on lock/unlock
  2. Needle sweep gauges on starting
  3. Trailer assist
Haven't stumbled on that in there yet

Tell

Staff member
Some nice inspiration on that list! Does anyone know where to find the setting for these:

1. Acoustic confirmation on lock/unlock
  2. Needle sweep gauges on starting
  3. Trailer assist
Haven't stumbled on that in there yet
Could be fantasy ones 😂.

2. Doesn't work on digital so that's a fantasy one I reckon. That's one that the boy racers want so has a high mark up 😉. In analogue form it's a test swing, but for digital no use so VAG didn't implement it.

1. Think that's the one I moan about since I like a quite life. You can get a beep. On the thread.... suppose to be pretty quite thou.

3. How many Formentor's tow trailers 🙄. You need a styled trailer to match....

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022

3. How many Formentor's tow trailers 🙄. You need a styled trailer to match....

I'm a farmer boy, so my Formentor tows a trailer all the time.
It's actually a PITA with a small trailer since it's completely invisible in all the mirrors, unless it's veering off 45° to the side already.

Resorted to opening the boot yesterday in order to see the damn thing :poop:

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
I'm a farmer boy, so my Formentor tows a trailer all the time.
It's actually a PITA with a small trailer since it's completely invisible in all the mirrors, unless it's veering off 45° to the side already.

Resorted to opening the boot yesterday in order to see the damn thing :poop:
This could be your target list to search all MQB Evo:

MQB Evo (2019)​

(From wiki)

Possibly the Skoda folk are big tow-ers. VW Caddy ?. Golf 8 been around longer. Nothing jumps out thou. One to watch on factory fitted. Words of advice from Don as normal on this one;

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
This could be your target list to search all MQB Evo:

MQB Evo (2019)​

(From wiki)

Possibly the Skoda folk are big tow-ers. VW Caddy ?. Golf 8 been around longer. Nothing jumps out thou. One to watch on factory fitted. Words of advice from Don as normal on this one;

Good resources, thanks!
But I think I'm out of luck. It sounds like the rearview camera has to do the heavy lifting for trailer assist, and it's just positioned so low that it's looking at a big wall of trailer :(

Feb 22, 2022
it would be nice to have the list of encodings by bit; how can we do to know what each bit corresponds to as in the VCDS where the explanation of more or less all the BiTs is reported?

Tell

Staff member
it would be nice to have the list of encodings by bit; how can we do to know what each bit corresponds to as in the VCDS where the explanation of more or less all the BiTs is reported?
"Bits" - control units. The build codes name the systems so they have a correspondence to what has been built in each spec, why it's useful to get the build codes out of Erwin plus the technical manuals. They have a bearing on coding.

The passed long strings often have text of what they do <0-1> toggle on the long string. Whilst the adaptation menu give options. These linked together do most of the mods you find published. Sometimes you have to toggle bytes in long strings. More often than not the Adaptation screen has what you want in a mod when it's published.

Often people publish the mods as lines of text, always think for Obdeleven they should have the screen shot stages as I put in the Ateca Obdeleven resource. It can be hard work turning the text lines into Obdeleven. The text is often in German, since the cars whether Seat / Cupra pretends otherwise are built from German system parts manufactured wherever. It's a form of distributed computer control that you are programming with German text in the main, each control unit. Really internal engineering control of VAG to reuse their systems across the brands to deliver customer functions... not designed for the customer to adjust thou.

The VCDS people publish theirs as text from what I've seen or scripts. Costs associated with VCDS are higher than Obdeleven so some labour on the users behalf may be required quid pro quo. Hence why it's better for Obdeleven mods to be published with staged screen shots.

You do have the micropayment apps in Obdeleven but I don't recommend them. Black box solutions that may lead to the car's coding being incorrect, use the Obdeleven Pro coding method and you can always reverse what you have done. Reversing micropayment apps is as good as going forward and if that's bad, going backwards could be interesting. They are built into Obdeleven to challenge Carista and other app one click dongles.

I don't have the car myself 😍.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Hi guys. I started reading through the thread. Got a few pages in and got totally confused as to what I need to purchase and how to use it, forgive me but I have not read every page so my question may well have been answered.
For a complete novice its just so confusing.
Is it possible for someone to give me a complete obd for dummies guide and pin it at the start of this post?
I have not taken delivery of a Formentor yet, but think I will need to stop the lane assist and start-stop systems from defaulting to on every time the car is started.
Any assistance in what equipment I actually will need and how to use it would be very much appreciated.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi guys. I started reading through the thread. Got a few pages in and got totally confused as to what I need to purchase and how to use it, forgive me but I have not read every page so my question may well have been answered.
For a complete novice its just so confusing.
Is it possible for someone to give me a complete obd for dummies guide and pin it at the start of this post?
I have not taken delivery of a Formentor yet, but think I will need to stop the lane assist and start-stop systems from defaulting to on every time the car is started.
Any assistance in what equipment I actually will need and how to use it would be very much appreciated.
You will need an OBDeleven dongle and the app downloaded on to your phone.
If you have android phone - the older white dongle will work.
For an i-phone - you need the second gen ( black ) dongle. ( this also works with android )
To do coding - you also need the PRO licence ( otherwise you have to rely on the one-click apps and use credits for each change )

Forget the start-stop - no one has yet worked out how to switch it off permanently on the Formentor platform.
Lane assist can be set to remember the last setting ( usually OFF for many of us )

Reactions: Andy.M

Tell

Staff member
For an i-phone - you need the second gen ( black ) dongle. ( this also works with android )
To do coding - you also need the PRO licence ( otherwise you have to rely on the one-click apps and use credits for each change )

Forget the start-stop - no one has yet worked out how to switch it off permanently on the Formentor platform.
Lane assist can be set to remember the last setting ( usually OFF for many of us )
& you need the bonnet up now with the MQB Evo platform during the process... an added check that was put in to get programming to take. New method of working with this platform.

Reactions: Andy.M

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022

Thanks. It is an iPhone I have so is this a suitable machine? https://www.amazon.co.uk/OBDeleven-...qid=1653838087&sprefix=obd,aps,74&sr=8-5&th=1

This is where the confusion for a novice starts. What is long coding? Does it mean a lot of computer type coding to change things? If so then I'm not that way inclined. So how do you get these one click apps and how many credits do they need to use them?
If the link I gave as an example is a correct scanner, it comes with 100 credits. Are extra credits easily available for purchase?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.