OBDEleven Formentor - See below for working ones

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Thanks. It is an iPhone I have so is this a suitable machine? https://www.amazon.co.uk/OBDeleven-Generation-Professional-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B07HCGJ8ST/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3UFYMCHCA4YIA&keywords=obdeleven&qid=1653838087&sprefix=obd,aps,74&sr=8-5&th=1

This is where the confusion for a novice starts. What is long coding? Does it mean a lot of computer type coding to change things? If so then I'm not that way inclined. So how do you get these one click apps and how many credits do they need to use them?
If the link I gave as an example is a correct scanner, it comes with 100 credits. Are extra credits easily available for purchase?
Long coding is where you follow a set of instructions and repeat them in the app

For Example
Select "Control Unit 13"
Select "Long Coding"
Select "overtaking_right_prevention"
Change from "activated" to "Deactivated"

That link will get you a basic version that you can use the one click apps with.
You can get 1 extra credit per day just by logging in to the app.
Yes you can buy extra credits.

You could also buy a PRO licence for around £25
You would need the pro licence to long code.

Reactions: Andy.M and Tell

Tell

Staff member
Thanks. It is an iPhone I have so is this a suitable machine? https://www.amazon.co.uk/OBDeleven-Generation-Professional-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B07HCGJ8ST/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3UFYMCHCA4YIA&keywords=obdeleven&qid=1653838087&sprefix=obd,aps,74&sr=8-5&th=1

This is where the confusion for a novice starts. What is long coding? Does it mean a lot of computer type coding to change things? If so then I'm not that way inclined. So how do you get these one click apps and how many credits do they need to use them?
If the link I gave as an example is a correct scanner, it comes with 100 credits. Are extra credits easily available for purchase?
Interjecting yes that's the one then you buy the Pro license. That can be done via the Obdeleven website.

You got this link:

You have to do the sums whether all inclusive is cheaper than buying the base black one then the Pro license on top or the bundle.

No it's not difficult to do the long coding. The long code is passed into readable string by hitting 0-1 Top right. It's the passed ones which saves the sweat but quite a few things are done via the Adaptations menu.

Example of the long string being passed into meaningful stuff (Ateca btw):

Screenshot_20220529-182449.png

Passed into text (based on user feed back):
Screenshot_20220529-182327.png

In Deano's example above Obdeleven people have populated the long string for control unit 13 in the right place with the text "overtaking_right_prevention" to make it easy.

Basically whether it's VCDS / Ross or Obdeleven they use the flags to program the bytes and bits. The one click apps combine all of this into a macro but you can't see what's happening or what it did. The long string is the machine code that populates the control unit. The screens are a bit like Microsoft's Object orientated programming, the code is behind the click. Nothing to worry about if you are reversing it, unclick it. One click apps on the other hand you don't know what they are doing running a set of commands or whether unwinding correctly.

Jun 10, 2022
Hello. Tool my car to the dealership for the update. When it came back I did a backup with obdeleven. I checked up the update in history and found this modification that I didn't make myself. Is that normal?
Screenshot_20220616-235054_OBDeleven.jpg

Tell

Staff member
Hello. Tool my car to the dealership for the update. When it came back I did a backup with obdeleven. I checked up the update in history and found this modification that I didn't make myself. Is that normal? View attachment 32420
Sometimes when you alter the settings on the Ateca they get reflected in the long string. Least how I remember it.

If you have the Pro, when not plugged in, if you bring up that module, tap long coding and tap <0-1> icon. It may well have text around the settings. Then scroll thru the bytes to see what those are. I think you can bring up the old string and do the same. Comparison of the two may give you a clue of what the difference is. Whether they programmed it or just hit an option on the cars stick etc. Main thing is not to have the dongle in since you don't want to change anything by accident. You can look at these settings off line in Obdeleven with the Pro (least on my car prior to SFD).

That's how you discover what was changed... assumes the long string is annotated in the <0-1> screen for you to read off.

Last edited:
Reactions: RareCloud

Angus Young

May 23, 2022
Before I go back and trawl through 18 pages, is there a mod that lights up the rear light bar when the DRLs are on? Don’t mind reading through all the pages if it’s buried somewhere in the thread, so a yes or no will do. Rear light bar looks so good it’s a shame to not have it on all the time.

Tell

Staff member
Before I go back and trawl through 18 pages, is there a mod that lights up the rear light bar when the DRLs are on? Don’t mind reading through all the pages if it’s buried somewhere in the thread, so a yes or no will do. Rear light bar looks so good it’s a shame to not have it on all the time.
Yes that's what Deano did and the posts leading up to this one below is when he finally did it, then listed off his mods at that point. I did help him getting the DLRs on. Had to find a German word in Obdeleven then it worked ✔.

Angus Young

May 23, 2022
Yes that's what Deano did and the posts leading up to this one below is when he finally did it, then listed off his mods at that point. I did help him getting the DLRs on. Had to find a German word in Obdeleven then it worked ✔.

Thank you. There’s not too much I want to fiddle with, but that and switching off lane assist are on the list.

Tell

Staff member
Thank you. There’s not too much I want to fiddle with, but that and switching off lane assist are on the list.
That's what Deano did. If familiar with Obdeleven on models prior to "SFD" the mods have to be done with the bonnet up else it won't take them, that's a new VAG spec to protect the security of coding in the car and the mods are done with the Pro license of Obdeleven.

Reactions: Angus Young
Jun 25, 2022
Are there any news for start & stop?
I would also like to have both rearview mirrors tilted into reverse (and not just the passenger's)....
Thanks

Tell

Staff member
Are there any news for start & stop?
I would also like to have both rearview mirrors tilted into reverse (and not just the passenger's)....
Thanks
On the latter you would have to have the motor in either side that was specced to do it. Normally it's only fitted to one side. You could try. They wont both drop together if it's like the Ateca you have a L/R switch. That signals which one to drop. Pass on the Formentor on that switch. If it's not the correct positioning motor repositioning back after drifts with use so you have to set it up again. That's why I said you could try. Just experiment.

Suspect no news on SS. I'm waiting for EV then it's not an issue 😉.

Tell

Staff member
anybody has an idea how to configure the Cupra Virtual View Cockpit from the VZ5 (as higher the rpm's go the Colors change Green yellow Red) into another cupra been searching for days but aint got luck yet, or anybody that can check on their vz5 ?
As you say you want someone to look at that. It may be that the hardware / code in the unit is different. OBDEleven you would look at the settings of the VC and compare between units.

Why I say the coding may be different the preoccupation with need swing, the ones that have it have non standard firmware. People were fitting them into Leon's or something in the past but unless you had the modded VC it wasn't going to happen.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Anyone in the north west with obd11 fancy naming their price to disable lane departure? I absolutely hate it, it's dangerous (going around some cyclists today and it pulled me in towards them!) and a PITA to disable manually every time you drive as it then switches the cockpit view to a completely different one. 🤬
It's literally the only setting I want changing, so doesn't seem much point buying all the kit for it.

Jul 27, 2022
Righteo.. All this new to me but this engine noise shenanigans in Cupra mode a pain, looking into what OBD do get to sort it out or added bonus if any one in Middlesbrough area can help do that, teach a newb what can be done as it may well be worth a purchase.

Tell

Staff member
Two ways of stopping the artificial engine noise, disconnect the wiring, some have done that (talķed about on these threads). Code it out is the other on this thread. It's no big deal to use the Obdeleven Pro to code it out but advise against using one click app without the Pro due to the process being not under user control. Like all one click apps if the coding is wrong it may not reverse and mess other stuff up.

You just need a iPhone or Android device, Obdeleven and the Pro license. Black dongle if iPhone (does Android as well) but the white one does fine for Android users (original). Some common sense and you are away.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.