OBDEleven Formentor - See below for working ones

Tell

Staff member
Using OBDeleven pro - I looked through control unit 09 earlier.

Control Unit 09 ( Central Electrics )
Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Daytime Running Lights / Parking Light
Currently not active - going to try active tomorrow

Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge möglich
Currently not active - going to try active tomorrow
That tallies with:
Screenshot_20220212-174644.png

Adjustments is Adaptions in the translate above. I've been known to switch Obdeleven into German when I've thought they have a translation problem. Some times they translate the German sometimes they don't in Obdeleven, that's why I said look for either English or German on the setting putting the German post next to the English translate and looking across within Obdeleven.

Generally most things are done via Adaptions where they bring out the key features to change. As long as the German Formentor Forum is a good post it should work and the infotainment reboot to get the enabled menu to work.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
This one works for those who would like to revert to standard cruise control

ACTIVATE CRUISE CONTROL IN MENU

Control unit 13 ( Adaptive Cruise Control )
Long coding
Select "Cruise_control_mode"
Set to: Activated

( you now have choice of ACC, Cruise Control and Speed Limiter in the menu )
I tried that on my Jan 2021 car in July 2021 and back then it didn't work. Maybe someone else with older car can confirm it works for them now. Change was applied ok, but cruise was still ACC.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
If we can get @DEAN0 to do screen shots as well of the DLR setting for lights and to enable the toggle menu if that works and document as you did @Agnes.Surrey above (that's power & home together in Android, pass on iPhones), then at some stage a "resource" section can be created associated with this thread. That sits to the top left on a click item so this thread stays as is as discussion and the working mods get their own collection without the chat. Happy to do that and credit those people who tested it. Means one drags out the image and reuses it. Board trick that us mods were given to do it when the board moved to new software unless you want to do it Agness... you have to be careful you don't destroy the thread when you do it thou... 🙄. I just accidentally changed the mib2 navigation thread title but other than it worked. Did that with a number of Ateca thread I had.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I tried that on my Jan 2021 car in July 2021 and back then it didn't work. Maybe someone else with older car can confirm it works for them now. Change was applied ok, but cruise was still ACC.
Did you press the button to the right of ACC activation button and get the menu in the dash showing ACC or Speed limiter ?
After the above coding I now get three options in that menu - ACC, Cruise, Speed limiter

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
So - I reset everything back to factory settings and started again.

Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Set to active

This has made no difference - still only got front DRL

Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Set to active
Then reboot the infotainment system.

This did work - the DRL can be switched off in the lights menu of the screen.

I also tried the following
Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Activation: Daytime Running Lights

In that unit there are four options :
1. Not Active
2. Daytime Running Lights ( this is currently selected as standard )
3. Daytime Running Lights
4. Versehrtenlicht ( Translates to "Disabled light" )

I tried No 3 - This swaps the led DRL to using the headlight as the DRL ( headlights always on )
But it didn't bring the tail lights in with the fronts headlights.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
So - I reset everything back to factory settings and started again.

Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Set to active

This has made no difference - still only got front DRL

Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Set to active
Then reboot the infotainment system.

This did work - the DRL can be switched off in the lights menu of the screen.

I also tried the following
Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Activation: Daytime Running Lights

In that unit there are four options :
1. Not Active
2. Daytime Running Lights ( this is currently selected as standard )
3. Daytime Running Lights
4. Versehrtenlicht ( Translates to "Disabled light" )

I tried No 3 - This swaps the led DRL to using the headlight as the DRL ( headlights always on )
But it didn't bring the tail lights in with the fronts headlights.
I'm wondering whether they left out the channel 5 stuff on the Obdeleven in the mod off the Formentor German site, the Motor Talk guys pdf for October 2020 attached (the link referenced on the thread) seems to have the VCDS steps in it in Obdeleven form that aren't in the Formentor German site.

I could be wrong thou.

Motor Talk pdf text:

• Tagfahrlicht (TFL) mit Heckleuchten aktiv & Infotainment Bedienung freischalten (VCP – SFD)
Im Bordnetzsteuergerät haben Sie die Möglichkeit zur Deaktivierung des Tagfahrlichtes über das CAR Menu
freizuschalten. Nach erfolgter Codierung wird im CAR Menu in der Rubrik Licht das Tagfahrlicht aufgeführt
und kann so selbstständig ausgeschaltet/eingeschaltet werden.
STG 09 (Bordnetz) auswählen
o STG Zugriffsberechtigung -> SFD
o Coding-Txt
o Kanal (181) - Tagfahrlich
o Kanal (9) - Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge möglich auswählen
▪ Wert auf aktiv setzen (Standardwert: aktiv)
o Kanal (5) - Tagfahrlicht - Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusätzlich Standlicht auswählen
▪ Wert auf aktiv setzen (Standardwert: aktiv)

In English:

Daytime running lights (DRL) with rear lights active & enable infotainment controls (VCP - SFD) In the onboard power supply control unit, you have the option of deactivating the daytime running lights via the CAR menu unlock. After coding, the daytime running lights are listed in the CAR menu in the

Light section and can be switched off/on independently.

Select STG 09 (board network).
o STG Access Authorization -> SFD
o Coding txt o Channel (181) - Daytime driving
o Select channel (9) - daytime running light activation by BAP or operating sequence possible ▪ Set value to active (default value: active)
o Channel (5) - daytime running lights - continuous running lights activated, select additional parking lights ▪ Set value to active (default value: active

Have we found channel 5 ?. Also referenced in Post 251 where Whatabouthis says it's not in their Mqb Evo platform. Search is on, I reckon for this.

Might need a Nordic Formentor driver with this facility on to then give the Obdeleven settings on this one if it's a factory fit if no other solution can be found. May be it is on long coding if not pulled out as an Adaption or hidden on a lighting unit adaption on a different search name.

Attachments

• 211021-cupra-formentor-coding (1).pdf
    478.5 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
The formentor pdf comes from a thread with title Cupra Formentor Codierungen VCDS-VCP-OBD11

So its possible that this is VCP speak

I may be wrong but my understanding is that long coding enables items and adaptation channels allow you to alter how the enable item works.

Still think based on how the Golf 8 works is in the Lechte sets for the fogs.

Hopefully some nice person to confirm but we also need to consider the build date in case the setups are different.
Yes we need the Obdeleven backup of a Nordic Formentor that has it working.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
OK - we have a winner.

Reset all back to standard.

Then did the following :

Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Set to "active"

Immediately followed by

Central Electrics 09
Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahtlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich standlicht ( Scandinavian DRL )
set to "active"

Then do this

Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Set to "active"
Reboot the infotainment system.

Now I have front and rear DRL ( no fog lights ) - and the capability to switch off the DRL in the "Lights" menu.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
To sum things up in one post.
For a MY22 ( built after week 40 2021 ) Formentor V2
Using an OBDeleven gen2 with an Android phone
The following do work.

1/ DEACTIVATE OVERTAKING RIGHT PREVENTION

- Select Control Unit 13
- Select “Long Coding”
- Select “Overtaking_right_prevention”
- Select “Deactivated”
RESULT : Car no longer slows down when overtaking with ACC running.

2/ LANE ASSIST SETTINGS

- Select Module A5 (Driver Assistance) ->
- Select “Long Coding”
- Select “Configuration For Lane Departure Warning K15”
- Set To “Last Setting”
RESULT : The lane assist function remembers the last setting.

3/ LANE ASSIST WARNINGS

- Select Module A5 (Driver Assistance)
- Select “Long Coding”
- Select “Lane Assist Off Text”
- Select “Disabled”
RESULT : No orange icon showing in the dash that lane assist is off.

4/ REAR LIGHTS ON WITH DRL

- Select Central Electric 09
- Select “Adaptation”
- Select “Daytime running lights”
- Select “Daytime running lights / Parking Light”
- Select “Active”

Immediately then do this

- Select “Adaptation”
- Select “Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahtlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich standlicht” ( Scandinavian DRL )
- Select “Active”
RESULT : Front and Rear DRL working ( No fogs lights on )

5/ ACTIVATE DRL CONTROL IN INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM

- Select “Adaptation”
- Select “Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich”
- Select “active”
Now reboot the infotainment system

RESULT : DRL’s can now be switched off in the infotainment exterior lights menu

6/ ACTIVATE CRUISE CONTROL OPTION IN MENU

- Select Control unit 13
- Select “Long coding”
- Select “Cruise control mode”
- Select “Activated”
RESULT : You now have choice of ACC, Cruise Control or Speed Limiter in the menu

Tell

Staff member
OK - we have a winner.

Reset all back to standard.

Then did the following :

Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Set to "active"

Immediately followed by

Central Electrics 09
Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahtlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich standlicht ( Scandinavian DRL )
set to "active"

Then do this

Adaptation
Daytime Running Lights
Set to "active"
Reboot the infotainment system.

Now I have front and rear DRL ( no fog lights ) - and the capability to switch off the DRL in the "Lights" menu.
Congratulations the

Tagfahrlicht - Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusätzlich Standlicht auswählen

as the search words did the trick plus the rest. Motor Talk pdf prefixed it with "Kanal (5)" for no apparent reason as the search term whilst the German Formentor site left the command out on the Obdeleven instructions but alluded to it on VCDS. Got there in the end. Sneaky suspicion someone will turn it into a one click app 😉.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Congratulations the

Tagfahrlicht - Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusätzlich Standlicht auswählen

as the search words did the trick plus the rest. Motor Talk pdf prefixed it with "Kanal (5)" for no apparent reason as the search term whilst the German Formentor site left the command out on the Obdeleven instructions but alluded to it on VCDS. Got there in the end. Sneaky suspicion someone will turn it into a one click app 😉.
I tried that part on its own - no luck - fog lights on with DRL.

I had to do the "Daytime running lights / Parking Light" activation first and then the Tagfahrlicht - Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusätzlich Standlicht auswählen

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Did you press the button to the right of ACC activation button and get the menu in the dash showing ACC or Speed limiter ?
After the above coding I now get three options in that menu - ACC, Cruise, Speed limiter
By right to SET, do you mean Travel Assist? I never used or tried to use limiter, so not sure what was combination to switch to it.

Or do you mean button on the top of the left stalk which changes ACC settings? I avoided using it, because it changed dash view.

Anyway, I didn't see any change in my car. Maybe I didn't use right combination to see the 3 options of ACC. Whoever is driving my car now, may have extra settings in it.

BTW, I still have dongle and OBD licence, so can help someone in Surrey with settings. Of course, I can't take any responsibility for changes, but can just let someone to use software and hardware.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2022
hi all, my hybrid formentor 245 should finally arrive in June after 13 months of waiting and I am already studying how to carry out some retrofits; first of all I need to understand a little about how OBD11 functions;

1) to date it is still not possible to overcome the obstacle sfd via VCDS?

2) which OBD11 version is recommended to act on formentor my22 produced at week 18?

3) I seem to have understood that it is possible to carry out encodings through Bytes and bits as on VCDS and without spending credits; is there no need to spend money on an ultimate subscription?

4) by chance do you know which coding is necessary to activate the puddle lights function to each of the door control units and which are the pins to be able to connect the lights?
5) do you know if it is possible to activate the soft lights such as the front ones and which pins on the rear door control units?

Attachments

• D0390F7C-D8C8-4CB6-92F3-8EB0DCD26AE2.jpeg
    D0390F7C-D8C8-4CB6-92F3-8EB0DCD26AE2.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 130

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
OBDeleven PRO allows you to code changes instead of using credits.

Puddle lights should already be activated on the car - I have not seen a formentor yet without the puddle lights.

I dont know if the rear doors have any led lights to be able to switch them on.

Feb 22, 2022
1) che differenza c'è tra la versione pro e la ultimate ?

2) non formentor con luci esistono sotto portiera, infatti vorrei aggiungerle ma bisogna codificare la funzione alle centraline porta (ammesso prevedano l'attivazione), poi va utilizzato lo scavo per installare la luce

3) le luci posteriori sono totalmente buie, infatti vorrei installare le stesse luci soffuse dell’anteriore

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
1) che differenza c'è tra la versione pro e la ultimate ?

2) non formentor con luci esistono sotto portiera, infatti vorrei aggiungerle ma bisogna codificare la funzione alle centraline porta (ammesso prevedano l'attivazione), poi va utilizzato lo scavo per installare la luce

3) le luci posteriori sono totalmente buie, infatti vorrei installare le stesse luci soffuse dell’anteriore
1) Pro consente la codifica.
Ultimate consente la codifica ma ha anche crediti illimitati

2) Formentor ha luce sotto lo specchio

3) Non credo che ci siano luci installate nelle porte posteriori, quindi dovrai installare le luci da solo.

Tell

Staff member
1) what is the difference between the pro version and the ultimate?

2) no formentor with lights exist under the door, in fact I would like to add them but you have to code the function to the door control units (assuming they provide for activation), then the excavation must be used to install the light

3) the rear lights are totally dark, in fact I would like to install the same soft lights as the front one
Here is a listing off all the devices:

First generation - Android only cheaper (aka white)

Next generation - Android and iOS (aka black)

Suppose to work better on Android than iOS in terms of the screen being more easy to read.

The base model in both don't contain the Pro licence which operates for one year unless you bought it before the Pro licence came in then you have it for life. To do the programming you need the Pro licence unless you use the micro payment apps. Those are deemed to be unreliable since they are black box solutions.

First generation (white ones) in the offer above the base unit have a ring pull on it (easy remove). You don't need that suites no purpose. Easter special gives you 100 credits for the micro app but if you aren't using them you don't need it. ditto a phone holder.

Pro pack is the device plus the pro licence.

The Ultimate pack contains a lot of stuff you don't want. You only need the dongle and the pro license. Ultimate Plan is so you can publish back to Obdeleven one click apps and annoy people on boards - only joking. I wouldn't touch one click apps since they are unregulated and you don't know what they are doing.

The pro license is 24-99 you can buy that plus the dongle. Just a question of how the costs come out and the level of other tat you want in the offers.

To get going quickly you can order the device via Amazon and then if cheaper buy the Pro license from the website. Prime next day delivery means you will get it quickly. Agnes got theirs via same day delivery from Amazon and bought the license online which is what I suggested.

Pass on 2. and 3.

Agnes' and Deano' post give a fair amount of detail. SFD is now licensed so that isn't a restriction now. I linked to some Formentor foreign boards on the thread which are useful for inspection and ideas.

Feb 22, 2022
the ultimate version I think I understand includes ready-made encodings that often do not work? does the pro version allow me to do unlimited encodings?

so if i buy the next dongle on amazon, i can buy it later or pro or ultimate but i don't understand what ultimate has more than pro

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
the ultimate version I think I understand includes ready-made encodings that often do not work? does the pro version allow me to do unlimited encodings?

so if i buy the next dongle on amazon, i can buy it later or pro or ultimate but i don't understand what ultimate has more than pro
The ultimate is so you can generate your own apps and give them to Obdeleven for publishing. E.g.. you are doing the work for them. It's crowd sourcing. So that's the micropayment apps where you don't need the Pro license but you are in the hands of whoever wrote the code. If it goes wrong it can leave your car in a mess. If you "code" yourself then you can reverse what you did by just toggling back off the route you took.

The pro license does allow you to do unlimited coding for the license duration of 12 months. Same in both cases. ~25 Euros per year. You can buy the Pro license on line, it's a code that enables the Pro coding. It's quicker that way to get going.

Feb 22, 2022
ok then since I'm absolutely not interested in developing for third party apps, I'll buy the next dongle and the pro version

by purchasing next and pro plan, I can code new installations, activate / deactivate existing functions, view and delete errors

Attachments

• 36353891-2354-460F-BE71-8851FBDCC30D.png
    36353891-2354-460F-BE71-8851FBDCC30D.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited: