OBDEleven Formentor - See below for working ones

Apr 18, 2022
I would disagree with @Tell view of Ultimate, it allows you to build your own specific one click apps so for example if you go to a race track and you want to set multiple brake changes you can do that with an app you build. This wont be used by OBD11.

The coding in general that OBD11 Use to build is driven by Basic OBD11 Owners request and places like here where good people share coding.

However back to PRO Licence dont buy it from Amazon you will pay more than buying direct from OBD11.

Today and Tuesday they have a pro sale on check out https://promo.obdeleven.com/ and save yourself money.

Screenshot 2022-04-18 at 22.40.34.png

Apr 18, 2022
well i meet plenty on track days so we will agree to disagree

you dont need to be a dev to use ultimate to build many complex setups but i would stress its not worth the cost.

there is a big release in July so we will have to see what becomes Ultimate only feature

Tell

Staff member
I used "or" and not "and" 😂.

I can see if you want to light your car up like a Xmas tree to show off at a meet and then to make it road legal afterwards making your apps has it's uses, but the vast majority of people aren't going to track days to show off their cars doing a light show.

Publication of the straight instructions to do the coded mods is easy enough as in Agnes and Deano's posts.

Tell

Staff member
what does the Easter package that includes the next generation and 200 credits allow me to do? what limits would i have and how long can i use it?
Giving you something you don't want like 200 credits if you are not using the one click apps for the reasons given and a phone holder or something. It's the marketing department.

Generally there are good offers at Xmas and Easter, how they work.

You gain a credit everytime you open the app per day. I've collected 350 and used none 👍.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Hi guys, I'm new here. Absolutely amazing thread. Had my hybrid Formentor for a month and have already customized it to my liking.
Thanks a bunch for the work.

Here is another small one I found (lots of personal preference in this - I personally hate the function):

AUTOMATIC DOORLOCKING AT 20 KM/H
- Select Central Electrics 09
- Select “Adaptation”
- Select “ZV_Autolock”
- Select “Automatisches Verriegeln bei Geschwindigkeit”
- Select “not active”
Result: Car no longer locks all doors automatically when reaching speed

There are 3 functions I'm currently looking to change, but just can't find them... Anyone got ideas where to look?
  • Ability to leave and lock car in Neutral - it defaults to Park and locks the wheels anyway after 20-30 minutes. I need this for working on it in my garage where things are under control, and wheels need to spin

• Disable audible warning when opening driver door with ignition on (just annoying)

• Extend automatic ignition off, when opening driver door - right now it shuts the car off after ~15 seconds which is super annoying if I'm just emptying the mailbox etc. coming down my driveway

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
The middle one comes up a lot associated with gate entry systems. Suspect there is a solution / will be a solution. Suggest you trawl Leon 4 / Golf 8 threads. It was an issue on Golf 7, I know and there was a solution as I recall. I haven't inspected the two Formentor boards I linked to recently so they might have a few bits and bobs.

Glad you are finding the thread useful 👍. See whether Deano has anything.

Tell

Staff member
They are on the thread:

Agnes':

Deano's:

Other places to look is the Motor Talk German Formentor thread with a PDF that is being updated:

look out for the guys pdf he posts up on the thread. A running summary so far.

Plus the German Formentor thread:

Plus the Leon 4 ones from here:

Note once you shift away from the model then the light set up etc will be different but other core things are the same for the MQB EVO platform.

Golf 8 coding is useful to look at.

Obdeleven KL thread... the generic platform that the Formentor / Leon 4 is on. You probably need to register to access it:

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Hi guys, I'm new here. Absolutely amazing thread. Had my hybrid Formentor for a month and have already customized it to my liking.
Thanks a bunch for the work.

Here is another small one I found (lots of personal preference in this - I personally hate the function):

AUTOMATIC DOORLOCKING AT 20 KM/H
- Select Central Electrics 09
- Select “Adaptation”
- Select “ZV_Autolock”
- Select “Automatisches Verriegeln bei Geschwindigkeit”
- Select “not active”
Result: Car no longer locks all doors automatically when reaching speed

There are 3 functions I'm currently looking to change, but just can't find them... Anyone got ideas where to look?
  • Ability to leave and lock car in Neutral - it defaults to Park and locks the wheels anyway after 20-30 minutes. I need this for working on it in my garage where things are under control, and wheels need to spin

• Disable audible warning when opening driver door with ignition on (just annoying)

• Extend automatic ignition off, when opening driver door - right now it shuts the car off after ~15 seconds which is super annoying if I'm just emptying the mailbox etc. coming down my driveway
On the disable audible warning.... You could try this

I fed a Proboard Obdeleven solution into Google to see how much it was being talked about

"
Everything is done by module 46

Go to (46 Comfort Systems), first in adaptation, Channel 98, Change the 1 to 0.

Then, again module (46 Comfort System), Extended Coding, In Byte 15 set bits 0 and 3.
"
Revert back if it doesn't work.... that's assuming you find the control unit.

----

I've added in the KL Obdeleven Forum thread which is the generic platform that the MQB Evo is on above. Another source of mods.

Tell

Staff member
Still looking on the dong for door opening the door with the engine running, looks like you can't code it out. Words from dv52 / Don expert on coding:

Whilst you can remove it for when the ignition is on, you can't remove it for when the engine is running and you open the door, it's a safety feature VAG don't allow you to override. I believe that is still how things are.

The one for ignition only, engine off is:

STG 17, adaptation then "ignition active message, actuator" then no display

Anyhow that's what I gleaned from my research on the topic.

Reactions: Ninjakebab

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
the only thing i need is stop start off forever////// :rolleyes:
Agreed! It's clear they made the car focus on fuel economy at all costs, even when in Cupra mode. I found the closest I get to keeping the engine on is going into Manual and downshifting before hitting the brake. A bit hit-and-miss, but works some of the time.

But I see you have a non-hybrid. Have you tried pressing the ESC-Off button so it goes into ESC-Sport mode? The Formentor manual says that should turn Start/Stop off.
Tried it in my VZ hybrid... No dice.

I would recommend that all of us go to Customer care on cupraofficial.com webpage and fill out a contact formula, asking them to add it as a function. I did.

I actually contacted my regional Live chat and they told me it could be turned off by pressing the ((A)) button in the centre console. "That's Auto-Hold" I said, "No that's Start/Stop" they said. I then said goodbye :rolleyes:

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Any codes specifically aimed at the hybrid cars?

For example, don't always start in Electric mode, but start in Hybrid mode and maybe reserving a %age of the battery from start?

Supa Koopa

Mar 13, 2022
Is it possible to change the default driving mode with obdeleven, so when you start the car it is already in individual or Cupra for example?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members