OBDEleven Formentor - See below for working ones

Jul 27, 2022
Two ways of stopping the artificial engine noise, disconnect the wiring, some have done that (talķed about on these threads). Code it out is the other on this thread. It's no big deal to use the Obdeleven Pro to code it out but advise against using one click app without the Pro due to the process being not under user control. Like all one click apps if the coding is wrong it may not reverse and mess other stuff up.

You just need a iPhone or Android device, Obdeleven and the Pro license. Black dongle if iPhone (does Android as well) but the white one does fine for Android users (original). Some common sense and you are away.
Thanks Tell very helpful :)

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Anyone know when is best to buy a dongle and pro subscription from OBDEleven? I think I’ve just missed a sale but do they have set ones throughout the year or Black Friday etc?
I need to get those Scandinavian DRLs turned on. Frustrates me so bad that the light bar isn’t used to it’s full potential!
I’m also contemplating turning Start/Stop off and making my drive profile stay after ignition cycle.

Cheers

Tell

Staff member
As you say they do have their sales periodic sales but suspect they are linked to Europe natiinal joy rather than specific nation events saying that I thought I'd see if they had anything.... well August 2022 seems to be a good month 😂

They are a bit of a marketing company on trying to sell you more than you really need. You don't need a case, a ring pull tab on it etc. The white one does for just Android the black one, Next Gen for Android and iOS. Get the pro license don't bother with the micropayment apps.

The other way of buying it for quickness is to use Amazon Prime for the dongle and online for the Pro subscription. You have to compare that with any special offers and delivery delays against price.

Don't think anyone has managed to turn off SS unless I've missed it. With the Formentor and Leon 4 you lift the bonnet during coding, that's a new wrinkle in coding.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
As said above - turning off the S/S is still not possible.
I wish it was because I find it way to enthusiastic ( has the engine off before I stop sometimes )

Tell

Staff member
As said above - turning off the S/S is still not possible.
I wish it was because I find it way to enthusiastic ( has the engine off before I stop sometimes )
Engine off and heavy steering (I think you get that one but sounds good if you dont) ran across previous models. I just found it too dangerous driving on outer London roads. You would forget to turn it off then 2 miles up the road at the first roundabout it would get you. In a DSG the clutch business doesn't stir the engine into action... no clutch. Some drivers develop a tick of twisting the steering wheel to kick the engine back into life.

Still once we are driving EVs we won't have to worry about it 👍 (Ateca I've turned it off which you cant do on the newer platforms).

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Engine off and heavy steering (I think you get that one but sounds good if you dont) ran across previous models.
Luckily the steering on the formentor is electronic based so it still works as normal each time.
The main issue as you said is roundabouts where you slow up to fit in with traffic flow and the S/S kicks in just when you need to move.

Tell

Staff member
Luckily the steering on the formentor is electronic based so it still works as normal each time.
The main issue as you said is roundabouts where you slow up to fit in with traffic flow and the S/S kicks in just when you need to move.
Had a suspicion you don't get the heavy steering 😂 but yes it's just dangerous on busy roundabouts where you see the gap and you don't have the power to get there in a DSG since it's turned the engine off. DSGs don't take too kindly to you dithering by changing your mind at the last minute. Make your mind up hesitation if you you brake after starting off although that has improved with the development I reckon of faster processors over the years. Suspect the DSG Formentor exhibits a delay if you have to brake after starting off before getting the selection back in or may be you don't observe that effect in the model. Anyhow you got the delay of starting the engine plus dithering about messed up a clean get away as far as the gear box was concerned in TDI 2.0 Ateca.

Andy.M

Mar 20, 2022
Guess I'll just have to get in the habit of switching off S/S at every start up then. At the moment thats all I need an OBD11 for and it don't do it!

Aug 22, 2022
Been looking in this topic and on obdeleven forums but can't seem to find the solution. Any idea on how to code the front fog lights as coming home/leaving home instead of low beam ? In 09-Central Electrics I can't find any "comfort illumination" setting (which was there in other VW cars) and 31437 in security access is no longer valid it seems. Anybody ?

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Been looking in this topic and on obdeleven forums but can't seem to find the solution. Any idea on how to code the front fog lights as coming home/leaving home instead of low beam ? In 09-Central Electrics I can't find any "comfort illumination" setting (which was there in other VW cars) and 31437 in security access is no longer valid it seems. Anybody ?
That is a SFD protected module - did you follow the procedure to unlock it?
Also it is a fact there is a surprising amount of codings that worked on previous platforms that are not possible on this one, in particular related to lighting.

Just a curiosity thing - with them being LEDs, why do you not want to use the default behaviour?

Tell

Staff member
That is a SFD protected module - did you follow the procedure to unlock it?
That will be bonnet up as the extra procedure I reckon 😉. The security codes are auto found these days by the device option or something.

@Novastar worth eye balling German link I put up early in the thread. I havent got the car but when looking for new coding on a new car you eyeball the foreign language forums. The German one was good with the occasional updated PDF in German that the author puts out - that's where the light bar always on was picked up from. Sister cars are also useful like Leon 4 but ofcourse where the lights are different not as useful. Core stuff is the same in shared systems and parts. Obdeleven forum may have stuff in it.

Formentor is a rich man's car so German forums might have specific coding for esoteric stuff. Leon Spanish forums for the esoteric poor mans coding stuff 😉. Germans won't do things they define as illegal so you don't find coding for that. Ditto Austria. Probably not much "illegal" coding you can do on these platforms now. Was SS that German forums tended to leave out. That hasn't been cracked to my knowledge on this platform.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Nope, ALL coding on the Formentor needs bonnet open, but for the modules with SFD protection you need to send your identification details and register so that when you unlock a module to make changes the information of who done it is sent back to VW servers.
...of course, voiding the warranty.

Aug 22, 2022
Nope, ALL coding on the Formentor needs bonnet open, but for the modules with SFD protection you need to send your identification details and register so that when you unlock a module to make changes the information of who done it is sent back to VW servers.
...of course, voiding the warranty.

No court is gonna go with VW if they claim for example that you have no warranty for let's say a broken gearbox or engine because I changed my Coming Home lights to fog lights instead of low beam.

Tell

Staff member
Question of keep looking for the mod.

Don't have SFD in a car here. Think it was a money spinner that the VAG group came up with to get license income from the VCDS / dongle people. They in turn pass the cost onto the customer e.g.. The annual Pro license of Obdeleven although if you own the Obdeleven and had the Pro license before SFD came in you are protected from that. 😉

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
No court is gonna go with VW if they claim for example that you have no warranty for let's say a broken gearbox or engine because I changed my Coming Home lights to fog lights instead of low beam.
Of course - but if for instance you get problems in an area related to the module, then YMMV.

For instance, I replaced my intake and exhaust - I am pretty sure that if Turbo or engine breaks, they will blame the intake for that.

Tell

Staff member
Those people that try to alter the engine performance would run a risk of being found out if there was a warranty issue around the gear box. I keep clear of all mods in relation to engine, gear box, brakes etc. Leon 4 people are changing their steering wheels using Obdeleven for the coding, that would be noticed. Leon owners tend to be lads. I'm sure Formentor owners would not be doing anything so...

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Those people that try to alter the engine performance would run a risk of being found out if there was a warranty issue around the gear box. I keep clear of all mods in relation to engine, gear box, brakes etc. Leon 4 people are changing their steering wheels using Obdeleven for the coding, that would be noticed. Leon owners tend to be lads. I'm sure Formentor owners would not be doing anything so...
I am turning half a century in two days and you have no idea of how much I have done to my Formentor so far and how much more is in the plans 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Tell
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members