Cupra Leon build

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Had a missed call Friday, now got hold of them, been offered a swap to a vz1 which are in stock now for same cost??? I'm sticking with the vz2, build confirmed for week 22

The_Neen

Jan 4, 2022
Had a missed call Friday, now got hold of them, been offered a swap to a vz1 which are in stock now for same cost??? I'm sticking with the vz2, build confirmed for week 22
Why would you ever go for that? Some dealers need their heads checked 😂

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Why would you ever go for that? Some dealers need their heads checked 😂
They did admit not many people went for the offer, I guess it depends how desperate someone would be to get a car asap, for me there was no consideration, flat no, not interested in a vz1 in any way

woodengrain

Aug 19, 2021
Kent
Leasing options are a shambles… just had one customer support advisor tell me they can’t give me an update as they’ve not heard anything from the dealer yet I had confirmation from a different advisor saying I have a confirmed build date really don’t know what to think now 🤣

The_Neen

Jan 4, 2022
They did admit not many people went for the offer, I guess it depends how desperate someone would be to get a car asap, for me there was no consideration, flat no, not interested in a vz1 in any way
I've been without a car since Feb - but i wouldnt even take that!

st.tony

Dec 9, 2014
Leasing options are a shambles… just had one customer support advisor tell me they can’t give me an update as they’ve not heard anything from the dealer yet I had confirmation from a different advisor saying I have a confirmed build date really don’t know what to think now 🤣
Snap, not much more than an hour after posting I got the exact same mail stating no news, I've replied back requesting confirmation as I'd been told different on the phone

Jimwenham

Aug 20, 2021
Yeah i'm pretty sure they work of a list from the dealer that doesn't get updated very often.
I've still not had anything yet , always get the generic we still have nothing email.
Considering how long ago I ordered would have thought i'd at least had a provisional build date by now.

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
So... this weekend I was at my dealer (in Belgium) for some administrative problems, and was able to ask more info about the delivery of my Cupra Leon ST PHEV. The original delivery date was on saturday, but atm I do not have any production date.

The dealer told me before the end of may Seat will have a meeting to discuss how to improve delivery dates. One of the things they already did was cancelling Tarraco PHEV's for a few countries (one of them is Belgium). One of the new options they are going to discuss is to cancel Seat Leon PHEV for some countries to improve delivery times of the Cupra Leon PHEV. If I hear something from my dealer, I'll keep you updated.

Reactions: neilargyle

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
Here is the screen if anyone hasn't seen it, not sure if other models will be affected, Seat Leon and Cupra formentors etc.
Screenshot_20220516-214911_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

rlapin

Dec 7, 2021
Haven't heard anything from my dealer(Poland). Hope it won't affect me. These rear lights are what make Leon stand out from the other cars and i would really consider rejection of the order even though i am waiting almost 1 year. Does anyone know if it is a valid reason to ask for some discount or bonus?

tomek_olo

Cupra Leon ST VZ 2.0 245 DNPA DQ381
Jan 28, 2022
My order is in transit, build week 19. Also PL. I've sent question to my dealer if this will affect me.

Jimwenham

Aug 20, 2021
At least its not as bad as some other brands , would be seriously pissed if they swapped out the dash for a bog standard one like bmw were doing !

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
Haven't heard anything from my dealer(Poland). Hope it won't affect me. These rear lights are what make Leon stand out from the other cars and i would really consider rejection of the order even though i am waiting almost 1 year. Does anyone know if it is a valid reason to ask for some discount or bonus?
If this is really the case I will ask a discount, valid reason or not. They do not deliver what I'm paying for. In the terms and conditions is a small part: "the buyer acknowledges being informed about and accepts the evolution process regarding production, techniques, technology and design in the automotive sector, in the sense that some details may deviate from the ordered model. However, these must in no way detract from specific characteristics."

In my opinion this detract from specific characteristics.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk

Reactions: rlapin

rlapin

Dec 7, 2021
I have just recieved the same information about rear lights from my dealer. But he is not sure that it will affect me. There are little chances that in order to get these dynamic lights for orders that will be in production after June it will be required to order matrix lights , but it is just info that I've heard

Jimwenham

Aug 20, 2021
Just had confirmation of my Cupra hitting Code 30 - finally! Ordered back in September, VZ3 300, Graphene Grey with Black Interior and M Safety pack.

Dealer estimating I can pick up end of May start of June.
Still waiting for a build date for mine ! Same spec as yours but in mag grey , ordered in june.

mycz7

May 18, 2022
This whole situation is getting ridiculous. If you browse through VW and SEAT management posts on LinkedIn you will see they don't even hide that all they care about is the profit. Lack of communication between head office and dealers and dealers and customers is quite frankly appalling. Hiding behind "chip shortage and COVID" excuses and that no one really knows. I would love to work in that company. I can already see the management board meeting. CEO asks you:

CEO: whats your prediction for next quarter? How many cars we will make? How much revenue? How many people can we keep on the payrol?
Me: I don't know Wayne - chip shortage, COVID, Supply chain, everyone is struggling...- we wait we see.
CEO: Understandable - have a great day

What a paradise :D

Anyway i order back in July and still waiting... hopping to be able to drive the car still in summer on sport summer tyres

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise