Cupra Leon build

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
This whole situation is getting ridiculous. If you browse through VW and SEAT management posts on LinkedIn you will see they don't even hide that all they care about is the profit. Lack of communication between head office and dealers and dealers and customers is quite frankly appalling. Hiding behind "chip shortage and COVID" excuses and that no one really knows. I would love to work in that company. I can already see the management board meeting. CEO asks you:

CEO: whats your prediction for next quarter? How many cars we will make? How much revenue? How many people can we keep on the payrol?
Me: I don't know Wayne - chip shortage, COVID, Supply chain, everyone is struggling...- we wait we see.
CEO: Understandable - have a great day

What a paradise :D

Anyway i order back in July and still waiting... hopping to be able to drive the car still in summer on sport summer tyres
Saw the speech of Herbert Diess?

"Our crisis management works". In which universe?
"We managed to largely offset production shortages in Europe..." Tell that to the customers waiting for months...

mycz7

May 18, 2022
Well this is some major bullshit, dynamic indicators really look modern and cool, if I wanted plain old blinkers, I'd buy an old used car for way less money.
Indeed. They will tell you its essential to increase output at the same time launching new cars and markets announcing their amazing results.

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
Anybody an idea about this black box idea of Europe? I've just read that from 6 july all new cars need to have an Intelligent Speed Assistant and a Black Box. Does Cupra already has those system? And how annoying is the ISA?

jnk4

May 18, 2022
Anybody an idea about this black box idea of Europe? I've just read that from 6 july all new cars need to have an Intelligent Speed Assistant and a Black Box. Does Cupra already has those system? And how annoying is the ISA?
All new cars from 6th July 2022 will have an Event Data Recorder, but it's concerns new models (eg. when an existing model will go through facelift it will force manufacturer to install EDR).

However Cupra Leon already has an EDR installed according to official manual (page 355):

Reactions: OneLeggedIdiot

jnk4

May 18, 2022
I have just recieved the same information about rear lights from my dealer. But he is not sure that it will affect me. There are little chances that in order to get these dynamic lights for orders that will be in production after June it will be required to order matrix lights , but it is just info that I've heard
I can confirm that from week 25 (new model year) it will be possible to get Matrix LED option (about 700 EUR extra) and it will let you keep rear dynamic blinkers.

Reactions: rlapin

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
VAG is rising their demand for metal coils. Trucks are coming sooner than expected. Problem is: I can not see if they are going to Spain or Germany. I see it as a positive sign for production.

iMZee

Nov 30, 2021
VAG is rising their demand for metal coils. Trucks are coming sooner than expected. Problem is: I can not see if they are going to Spain or Germany. I see it as a positive sign for production.
What are the metal coils used for? Just for the body panels or is it something more specific.

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
What are the metal coils used for? Just for the body panels or is it something more specific.
The metal panels of the body of the cars. VAG was taking them by truck with 3 trucks a day, but at this moment they send 6 to 10 trucks a day to pick up the coils. But I don't know for which factory. Most factories in Germany are getting their coils by barge, but I do not know if the coils for Spain are coming to Antwerp or are going to a port closer to Martorell, and the coils here in Antwerp maybe are for the Czech Republic, France or Sweden. I don't see the destination of the trucks. Only the product they need to load and the buyer from the coils.

The_Neen

Jan 4, 2022
My VZ3 300 has been at the port in Barcelona since the 9th - these ships need to hurry up :ROFLMAO: Aquarius is currently docked at Grimsby, and United Spirit is on its way to Italy.

Leonfr140

Aug 18, 2013
East Sussex
My VZ3 300 has been at the port in Barcelona since the 9th - these ships need to hurry up Aquarius is currently docked at Grimsby, and United Spirit is on its way to Italy.
Man I feel your pain, I was unlucky with the boats too, its a pain in the but!!

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

iMZee

Nov 30, 2021
It should take about 4-6 weeks from when the cars left the factory to when it should hit the dealers so not long left for yous!!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.