Cupra Leon build

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Nice mate. My Leon arrived yesterday at the dealer. Getting ceramic coated on Monday/Tuesday and I'll pick it up on Wednesday. Can't wait!!

We are still debating ceramic coating but if we go for it we will get it done locally rather than at a dealer.

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Old lease car went back yesterday and the new car is due for delivery tomorrow, get a call at 4pm.......

Apparently they tried to boot the car to connect it to the internet and it won't connect (not sure why they have left this till the day before) so now they are shipping us up a cupra leon estate whilst they initiate a warranty claim on the new car. This is kind of them.

They will then have to drop off the car once fixed but they wanted us to go drop it off but as it's over 200 miles away I don't think that's happening.

Not the best start to new car ownership. Off to the pub for a pint to calm my nerves :D

Reactions: JO22DYY

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Old lease car went back yesterday and the new car is due for delivery tomorrow, get a call at 4pm.......

Apparently they tried to boot the car to connect it to the internet and it won't connect (not sure why they have left this till the day before) so now they are shipping us up a cupra leon estate whilst they initiate a warranty claim on the new car. This is kind of them.

They will then have to drop off the car once fixed but they wanted us to go drop it off but as it's over 200 miles away I don't think that's happening.

Not the best start to new car ownership. Off to the pub for a pint to calm my nerves :D

I guess this isn't the worst loan car that the dealer could have sent, 310st.

Attachments

• IMG_20221104_163526~2.jpg
    IMG_20221104_163526~2.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 174

chrislocalboy

Oct 25, 2022
I placed my order (work car through a lease company) back at the start of September 2021, VZ3 PHEV, standard (no extras) in white.

Now over 14 months later I am still absolutely clueless and in the dark, no communication, no build date, I've complained to Cupra directly and they refuse to even provide me with a rough idea how much longer I'm to wait... I suspect the poor customer service staff are as clueless as I am.

Their communication and customer service is basically none existent, yet their CEO attends conferences and blasts all over Twitter and LinkedIn about how good they are.... appalling!

Reactions: Seastormer

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I placed my order (work car through a lease company) back at the start of September 2021, VZ3 PHEV, standard (no extras) in white.

Now over 14 months later I am still absolutely clueless and in the dark, no communication, no build date, I've complained to Cupra directly and they refuse to even provide me with a rough idea how much longer I'm to wait... I suspect the poor customer service staff are as clueless as I am.

Their communication and customer service is basically none existent, yet their CEO attends conferences and blasts all over Twitter and LinkedIn about how good they are.... appalling!
That timescale is really bad for a standard car, I ordered on the 7th Aug 2021 and had mine by 3rd May. I ordered direct from my dealer, so that may make a difference.

Nov 16, 2022

I'm in a very similar position. Ordered a VZ2 Hatch PHEV on 17/11/21, also a company car.

Estimated delivery date was March '22, then November '22 and now January '23. Apart from these dates changing I've not had any update.

From what I've seen on here, it will be some point in the first half of 2023...

neilargyle

Jun 12, 2018
I'm in a very similar position. Ordered a VZ2 Hatch PHEV on 17/11/21, also a company car.

Estimated delivery date was March '22, then November '22 and now January '23. Apart from these dates changing I've not had any update.

That’s eerily similar to my order, a works lease car. VZ2 PHEV estate. It was ordered at the end of Nov 21 through Listers, initially due June 22, then August, November…..Now March 23. I emailed Listers and they said they have been advised that they won’t see any of their hybrids built until early 2023. Plus there was the usual international factors quoted, ie Ukraine.

Some people at work opted for Kia Sportage earlier this year to be delivered in the autumn. They were laughing at my delivery delays until recently when they were told that they won’t see their car until mid 2023!

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022

Doesn't bode well for me - I only ordered my VZ2 hybrid estate in October of this year. I was told by a Cupra dealer (not supplying my car) that the wait is between 14 and 40 weeks but I think that could be more for petrol cars. I'll settle for 2023...please!

Dizz

Apr 12, 2019
My October 2021 ordered 300 is at dealer and we will be having it delivered in a couple of weeks when existing car goes back. I was told last week by a Cupra dealer that for new orders of petrol cars there will now be a 3-6 month wait.

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
My October 2021 ordered 300 is at dealer and we will be having it delivered in a couple of weeks when existing car goes back. I was told last week by a Cupra dealer that for new orders of petrol cars there will now be a 3-6 month wait.
ask him about hybrids please mate ;)

Nov 16, 2022
Doesn't bode well for me - I only ordered my VZ2 hybrid estate in October of this year. I was told by a Cupra dealer (not supplying my car) that the wait is between 14 and 40 weeks but I think that could be more for petrol cars. I'll settle for 2023...please!
I wouldn't be surprised if yours fell into the same production batch for RHD hybrids as the ones waiting for 12 months +

Just luck of the draw, seems like Cupra haven't made a single RHD hybrid this year due to focussing on Europe and meeting the 2022 deadline for incentives.

• Sad
Reactions: Richiepoos

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
I wouldn't be surprised if yours fell into the same production batch for RHD hybrids as the ones waiting for 12 months +

Just luck of the draw, seems like Cupra haven't made a single RHD hybrid this year due to focussing on Europe and meeting the 2022 deadline for incentives.
That could be a good thing for me but still pretty awful for everyone else having to wait such a long time. I do think most manufacturers are in a similar boat - tried ordering a focus before the cupra and had the order cancelled as they halted production due to shortages.

deveh

Dec 5, 2021
Lithuania
That’s eerily similar to my order, a works lease car. VZ2 PHEV estate. It was ordered at the end of Nov 21 through Listers, initially due June 22, then August, November…..Now March 23. I emailed Listers and they said they have been advised that they won’t see any of their hybrids built until early 2023. Plus there was the usual international factors quoted, ie Ukraine.

Some people at work opted for Kia Sportage earlier this year to be delivered in the autumn. They were laughing at my delivery delays until recently when they were told that they won’t see their car until mid 2023!
Not much better here with not only build date - but it's built and with VIN number - it was built on 35th week (so first days of September), but is still in the factory. Why? God knows why.

• Sad
Reactions: Richiepoos
Nov 16, 2022

We have several Kia Sportage on order here. First one was delivered this week, ordered mid April.

Nice cars, I briefly had the Hyundai Tucson PHEV as a demonstrator which is the same platform. Hoping the Cupra hybrid drive-train is as good as the Hyundai / Kia. I have test driven the Cupra but only for 30 mins...

Richiepoos

Oct 14, 2022
We have several Kia Sportage on order here. First one was delivered this week, ordered mid April.

Nice cars, I briefly had the Hyundai Tucson PHEV as a demonstrator which is the same platform. Hoping the Cupra hybrid drive-train is as good as the Hyundai / Kia. I have test driven the Cupra but only for 30 mins...
Same here - test drove a Formentor hybrid as the only Leon Hybrid they had was dead. I've currently got a 1.5 Octavia estate so going to a Leon estate was a no brainer but not looking forward to dealing with any problems. My Skoda has been 4 years of completely hassle free driving. Fingers crossed I don't get a dog of a car!

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Car has finally arrived no dynamic indicators. Would have been nice to have to but after a year just glad to have the car.

VZ2 300 desire red ordered December 2022

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023
Car has finally arrived no dynamic indicators. Would have been nice to have to but after a year just glad to have the car.

VZ2 300 desire red ordered December 2022
Sorry for hijacking the thread 3 months later - do you have the light bar animation when unlocking the car? If not, does the whole light bar at least light up continuously when the car is on? Thanks.