Cupra Leon build

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
I ordered the car back in september 2021, and still no information when the car will be built or delivered. My salesman never got any new information for me, seems like cupra wont give out any information to the salesman. Dont know if it is the towbar that causes this extra long delay, or Sweden is just less prioritized.
I was tired of waiting in July and replied to Wayne Griffiths on LinkedIn that the service of his company was below zero. That helped to push my production date. After that everything got quicker. The import company called me a few days later that Spain did let them know my car was prioritized.

Reactions: Rullandetunna
Sep 27, 2022
Waiting on a Cupra Leon hybrid since August 2021. No build date, no update from broker, dealership or Cupra direct. Heard from the broker yesterday that Cupra will commit to delivering by June 2023!

My patience is wearing thin as is my trust that Cupra will ever deliver, is anyone else in the same situation and facing a near 22 month wait? (already waited nearly 14 months)

Thanks

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Waiting on a Cupra Leon hybrid since August 2021. No build date, no update from broker, dealership or Cupra direct. Heard from the broker yesterday that Cupra will commit to delivering by June 2023!

My patience is wearing thin as is my trust that Cupra will ever deliver, is anyone else in the same situation and facing a near 22 month wait? (already waited nearly 14 months)

Thanks

VW are in a similar mess - quite a few forum members on VW forums are looking at wait times of 18-20 months or longer for a performance model Golf; IMHO that’s a crazy wait time for a mass produced car 😮😠. VW have halted taking new orders on performance Golfs - presumably in an effort to help clear the backlog.

So much for German efficiency.

hinch1

Sep 27, 2022
Waiting on a Cupra Leon Estate VZ3 Hybrid 245hp. Ordered November 2021. Original estimate Sept 2022. Update today - delivery date unlikely until March 2023 due to no build slots being available until Q1 2023.

Sep 27, 2022
We're in a similar position then! Here's what i got sent from Cupra:

In general our 100% electric model the CUPRA Born continues to be built and deliverable this year, with the exception of some derivatives which have a H1 2023 lead-time.

As a guide, the anticipated delivery lead-times for our e-HYBRID models are outlined below;
e-HYBRID Model(s)
Status of existing factory order(s)
Status of new factory order(s)
Delivery anticipated H1/2023​
Delivery anticipated Q3/2023​
CUPRA Leon Hatch and Estate
SEAT Leon Hatch and Estate
Not Applicable​
At this stage, our intention is not to close our CUPRA e-HYBRID models for factory order but rather share this lead time information with you to support managing delivery expectations.

Whilst we cannot provide exact delivery dates; we will continue to share production updates with you, and your nominated Leasing Company where applicable, to ensure your drivers are updated accordingly. In the meantime, if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact your CUPRA and SEAT UK Area Fleet Manager or Account Manager.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
We're in a similar position then! Here's what i got sent from Cupra:

In general our 100% electric model the CUPRA Born continues to be built and deliverable this year, with the exception of some derivatives which have a H1 2023 lead-time.

As a guide, the anticipated delivery lead-times for our e-HYBRID models are outlined below;
e-HYBRID Model(s)
Status of existing factory order(s)
Status of new factory order(s)
CUPRA Leon Hatch and Estate
SEAT Leon Hatch and Estate
Not Applicable​
At this stage, our intention is not to close our CUPRA e-HYBRID models for factory order but rather share this lead time information with you to support managing delivery expectations.

Whilst we cannot provide exact delivery dates; we will continue to share production updates with you, and your nominated Leasing Company where applicable, to ensure your drivers are updated accordingly. In the meantime, if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact your CUPRA and SEAT UK Area Fleet Manager or Account Manager.
Interesting, and does seem to suggest that EV‘s are being given priority. A VW salesperson I was speaking to recently intimated this was also the case with VW’s ID EV’s.

Dizz

Apr 12, 2019
Desire red vz3 ordered October 21 confirmed build week 42. I don't know what that means for delivery though.

deveh

Dec 5, 2021
Lithuania
Desire red vz3 ordered October 21 confirmed build week 42. I don't know what that means for delivery though.
My car had confirmed manufacturing date of week 35. And it was manufactured on 35th week. Today is 40th week and for at least last three weeks it sat in parking lot waiting for some parts. So, you know, manufactured doesn't mean anything these days. :D

Reactions: Dizz

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
My car was built on the 28th March 2022, and with my dealer ready for collection on the 30th April 2022. I agreed to pick up the car on the 3rd May and have now had it for 5 months with no problems. :):):)

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Ordered vz2 300 in December 2021 was told 3 weeks ago it would be built in July. Now been told mid December so it won't be here until next year now, joke.

After being told at the start of this week that it had been built and was waiting for a part with no ETA, we got the call yesterday that it's left the factory and on route. So in about 4-6 weeks we could have a car.

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
After being told at the start of this week that it had been built and was waiting for a part with no ETA, we got the call yesterday that it's left the factory and on route. So in about 4-6 weeks we could have a car.
Car is in the country apparently, very exciting :D

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022
I ordered mine on the 5th of January 2022. The car was built at the beginning of October and expected delivery to my dealer is HOPEFULLY in about 2-3 weeks. Tired of waiting.

Kingskullz

Oct 23, 2022
They have said that the VZ3 models now come with super-sport steering wheel which is the engine start button and drive profile button on the steering wheel. The email below came from a customer relations manager at SEAT UK.

View attachment 32839
Do you maybe know the dates these extras went/will go in production? My car was built in the start of October and I was wondering if I will have the features.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Everyone should have got that steering wheel, as it was on the demonstrators that were shown in all the motoring mags when the model was first introduced. No one told us that it was a Spanish version, when did the UK one ever get less spec, what a con and they are pushing it as a premium product too.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

CupraDesireRed

May 18, 2018
Car will delivered a week today. Very excited. Only 1 month later than I was told at order time.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.