My20, is Mib2 o Mib3?

Apr 26, 2022
Hi, my seat ateca, year 2020, my20, is Mib2 o Mib3? Does not accept any encoding from my19 or earlier.... And some encoding does not do correctly, for example beeping when opening and closing. It only sounds when closing, when opening n

Greetings

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk

Tell

Staff member
Think you will find it's Mib3. If you see no SD card slots in the glovebox and / or you have new oval USB-C connectors in the centre consol rather than the old style of USB it's Mib3.

Coding the ones I put up on the link are for the vehicles to MY19 inclusive. I did warn they are for them. Door beeping is a new issue from circa MY19. I don't get any door entry sounds or exit if the engine is running on my MY16 Ateca DSG if in Park. I note people moaning on other models to varying levels. Basically on the new models they don't allow you to get out and leave the engine running without a warning so those with gate entry systems get the beeping whilst attending to that. If you are talking about the electric tailgate I did give some coding for that. Mind you it can bang you on the head... the beeping of it coming down is useful.

Greetings BTW.

Apr 26, 2022
Think you will find it's Mib3. If you see no SD card slots in the glovebox and / or you have new oval USB-C connectors in the centre consol rather than the old style of USB it's Mib3.

Coding the ones I put up on the link are for the vehicles to MY19 inclusive. I did warn they are for them. Door beeping is a new issue from circa MY19. I don't get any door entry sounds or exit if the engine is running on my MY16 Ateca DSG if in Park. I note people moaning on other models to varying levels. Basically on the new models they don't allow you to get out and leave the engine running without a warning so those with gate entry systems get the beeping whilst attending to that. If you are talking about the electric tailgate I did give some coding for that. Mind you it can bang you on the head... the beeping of it coming down is useful.

Greetings BTW.
No, i have sd slot and usb normal, not type c.

Tell

Staff member
No, i have sd slot and usb normal, not type c.
OK That's MIB2 if you are pestered by door opening sounds that was something they put in, in MY19.

If it has auto lane assists to "on" at ignition reverting from turning it off, if you have lane assist, look at the Tarraco Obdeleven thread. Perco is your answer, under the new frame it's called something else. That's in the Formentor thread. They changed the name from Perco :confused:.

The Obdeleven link I gave applies to the rest.

Tell

Staff member
One for @East Yorkshire Retrofits given that Mib3 isn't so good as Mib2 I'd stick with Mib2. That is my personal view thou. I'm sure you'd be into a big refit of screens as well as the mib3 box in the glove box, control units and the like. You'd need a connect account as well....

If they added greater functionality to save more destinations in mib3 beyond the 20 or whatever it is now. User POI import as mib2. The ability to then save mib3 imported POIs as destinations like mib2 I'd be happy. Mib3 is poorly executed from a design perspective. Pity. Hopefully a Mib3 successor will correct what's wrong with it. I guess 2025 will be the next generation.

Always mib2 high to consider if you have mib2 standard but then map updates will probably only run for a few more years till circs 2025 based on previous VAG way of working, plus 5 years from the last fitted unit in production.

Reactions: hamst
Hi, my seat ateca, year 2020, my20, is Mib2 o Mib3? Does not accept any encoding from my19 or earlier.... And some encoding does not do correctly, for example beeping when opening and closing. It only sounds when closing, when opening n

Greetings

Enviado desde mi SM-G975F mediante Tapatalk
Sounds like you have one of the last MIB2 equipped cars

If you had MIB3 it would be MIB3 entry.

Unlike MIB3std/high, it doesn't interface with the car via ethernet. There are other differences too

MIB3entry is used on new MQB models. Ie Ateca, Tarraco, Superb, polo

MIB3std/high is used on MQB2020 platform vehicles. Ie, Leon KL, Formentor, Octavia iV, golf 8, A3 8Y

MIB3 is far superior to MIB2. However like early MIB2, early MIB3 software was plagued with issues. The vast majority of these have now been fixed with updates on many modules within the vehicles

Would it be possible to retrofit MIB3 insted of MIB2?

What is needed if so?
Yes it's possible. It's a headache and not cheap at all. Likely cheaper to sell your car and upgrade to one with it already fitted at the moment

The absolute last thing you want to do is fit MIB2high if you don't already have it. The vast majority of defective units we come across are MIB2high

OK That's MIB2 if you are pestered by door opening sounds that was something they put in, in MY19.

If it has auto lane assists to "on" at ignition reverting from turning it off, if you have lane assist, look at the Tarraco Obdeleven thread. Perco is your answer, under the new frame it's called something else. That's in the Formentor thread. They changed the name from Perco :confused:.

The Obdeleven link I gave applies to the rest.
Formentor has a different camera to the Ateca so it may differ slightly

(MQB uses 2Q0, MQB2020 uses 5WA, for seat atleast)

Tell

Staff member
Yes it's possible. It's a headache and not cheap at all. Likely cheaper to sell your car and upgrade to one with it already fitted at the moment

The absolute last thing you want to do is fit MIB2high if you don't already have it. The vast majority of defective units we come across are MIB2high
Second hand market.

Tell

Staff member
Formentor has a different camera to the Ateca so it may differ slightly

(MQB uses 2Q0, MQB2020 uses 5WA, for seat atleast)
Yes the parameter to change for those pestered with lane assist set to auto on is different. The Perso one I thought dated back to pre 2020 when there was the small window when it changed to the Formentor / Leon 4 parameter. May be the old Perso parameter goes on, on post 2020 Ateca and Terracos. Pass on that. I know I'd turn it to last and then toggle off on whether it's the old or new parameter to control it. 😍

Tarraco coding thread has the Perso parameter....

Lane Assist - Remember last setting
  • Control Unit A5 - Driver Assistance
    Select Long coding
    Select setting Perso_HC
    Change Activated to Last_setting
    Press the green button to save the changes

Formentor thread has the other one.

2/ LANE ASSIST SETTINGS

- Select Module A5 (Driver Assistance) ->
- Select “Long Coding”
- Select “Configuration For Lane Departure Warning K15”
- Set To “Last Setting”
RESULT : The lane assist function remembers the last setting.

Any one pestered by it with an Ateca or Tarraco can see which parameter they can find in the MY20 and on.

Tell

Staff member
Sounds like you have one of the last MIB2 equipped cars

If you had MIB3 it would be MIB3 entry.

Unlike MIB3std/high, it doesn't interface with the car via ethernet. There are other differences too

MIB3entry is used on new MQB models. Ie Ateca, Tarraco, Superb, polo

MIB3std/high is used on MQB2020 platform vehicles. Ie, Leon KL, Formentor, Octavia iV, golf 8, A3 8Y

MIB3 is far superior to MIB2. However like early MIB2, early MIB3 software was plagued with issues. The vast majority of these have now been fixed with updates on many modules within the vehicles
Yuck a Mib3 entry level... see I'll be buying a nice Chinese vehicle as the next if VAG carry on like this.

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
The good thing about it is the bigger display thats not loaded with physical buttons. Maybe i should just change the display to the all glass one

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
This one. Whats the part number of it? Is it plug and play?
SEAT-ATECA-21.jpg

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
You'll need a new trim piece otherwise you'll have 5mm gaps either side

Display PN 5FJ 919 606
Thanks! But that part number is for MIB 3 screen, not the one in the photo. Im thinking of changing the screen and trim only and keep MIB2. Do you have the PN of the MIB2 screen in the photo and trims (given that my ateca is LHS)

Thanks! But that part number is for MIB 3 screen, not the one in the photo. Im thinking of changing the screen and trim only and keep MIB2. Do you have the PN of the MIB2 screen in the photo and trims (given that my ateca is LHS)
They're the same screen. I fitted one to my partner's old ateca. The display you posted does actually have a sticker on the back for MIB3 however MIB2 & MIB3 use the same display format so the displays are interchangeable

The part number I gave you is for the picture you posted. The newer MIB3 display is the same PN with an A on the end this is what my partners 2021 Tarraco has.

Last edited:

hamst

Jun 5, 2020
They're the same screen. I fitted one to my partner's old ateca. The display you posted does actually have a sticker on the back for MIB3 however MIB2 & MIB3 use the same display format so the displays are interchangeable

The part number I gave you is for the picture you posted. The newer MIB3 display is the same PN with an A on the end this is what my partners 2021 Tarraco has.
Thanks for this explanation. Would you know the trim and airvent part numbers aswell? For LHS cars please 🙏

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.