1940 software update - Get it or wait?

istoyanov

Apr 6, 2023
Bulgaria
The update doesn’t take to long about 20mins, what takes the time is doing the sd creator as they have to download it and put it on to a usb c for each car so they can’t just use the same one each time, then log it with Odis (vw) so they get paid.
Plus need extra time incase it takes longer then it should or need to do it again.
It makes sense. Thanks. I was thinking - if you know you have such procedure you can download and prepare. The rest is clear.
They told me for an update which crashed and car kept several months clarifying who is gulty, who will pay etc 😲

istoyanov

Apr 6, 2023
Bulgaria
Software changed. OTA uodate notification records immediately, PIN issues solved after reset PIN re activate primary user. Still not clear if I like the new resolution ... I think I don't for now. I was on 1900 which with same speed responsive. No restarts. But now I should get every OTA.

Sep 11, 2023
Software changed. OTA uodate notification records immediately, PIN issues solved after reset PIN re activate primary user. Still not clear if I like the new resolution ... I think I don't for now. I was on 1900 which with same speed responsive. No restarts. But now I should get every OTA.
new resolution? the fonts are way too large now under 1900, I wish they made them smaller to fit more in.

Mar 25, 2023
1696345798207928984742777181668.jpg

What is the latest software for this version? Seat Leon MK4 Style? My dealer says that this is the last version, 1765, i have problems with connecting bluetooth and Android Auto is not working on Samsung S23 Plus, i mention that i don't have Full Link with Wireless...only with cable....

Reactions: GeoAsla
Oct 2, 2023
Hi All,
I would like to tell you about my following misadventure about infotainment SW update: cause restarts of the infotainment I took my Leon (eTsi) to the SERVICE for checks, they told me that was necessary to leave car to carry out an special update sw of the control unit (I had A896), following this update carried out by the authorized SEAT service, the control unit broke causing the infotainment block with the "SEAT" logo , so I'm waiting for this replacement at moment 10 days.... :(

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021
Hello all! I have a Leon Style 22 with Software version at 1545. I went before 2 weeks for the typical service and they told me that there is an update that has to be done. When the service ended and I went to take my car, I asked for the update and they told me that I will do it myself. I asked how and they told me that I will see a notification. I asked if I need internet connection and they said no, it's from the satellite (?!?). Next day I called another dealer and he told me that I need to have active subscription at Seat Connect App. Do I need to pay for seat connect app subscription in order to have that update? I'm really confused, especially with the satellite thing...

Mar 25, 2023
Hello all! I have a Leon Style 22 with Software version at 1545. I went before 2 weeks for the typical service and they told me that there is an update that has to be done. When the service ended and I went to take my car, I asked for the update and they told me that I will do it myself. I asked how and they told me that I will see a notification. I asked if I need internet connection and they said no, it's from the satellite (?!?). Next day I called another dealer and he told me that I need to have active subscription at Seat Connect App. Do I need to pay for seat connect app subscription in order to have that update? I'm really confused, especially with the satellite thing...
Do you have the 8 inch multimedia system?

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
Couple of days ago I spot a red dot so see what's there. Apparently a 3 part OTA update! So I start the download for part 1, about 185mb and have seen nothing since! Can I force it to restart the update again?
Thanks

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Couple of days ago I spot a red dot so see what's there. Apparently a 3 part OTA update! So I start the download for part 1, about 185mb and have seen nothing since! Can I force it to restart the update again?
Thanks
I also had the OTA update couple of weeks ago and nothing since however due to the reboot issues the dealer has just (today) updated the software from A896 to 1940 so hope its now cured 🤞.

Oct 15, 2022
I accepted the OTA update today, after around a year trouble free with the system on privacy mode. After the update it wouldn't turn back on, and is now in a boot loop. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but still no luck, is there anything else I can try or will it need to go into the dealer?

Thanks

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
I accepted the OTA update today, after around a year trouble free with the system on privacy mode. After the update it wouldn't turn back on, and is now in a boot loop. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, but still no luck, is there anything else I can try or will it need to go into the dealer?

Thanks
Boot loop is bad news unfortunately.

I've had it happen twice, which needed a replacement control unit on both occasions. 6 month wait for the first one!

Mar 11, 2023
Had 1940 installed on my SEAT Leon a few weeks ago, replacing the 1896. Everything worked flawlessly for four weeks, no more random reboots.
After 1940 the car had done an OTA update (OUI2), no problems with that till now, but didn't found any changes.

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
Well the ota 3 part upgrade never reappeared, very strange. I'm on A896 which works 'ok'. Can't face going to a dealer to upgrade, too time consuming. Maybe I'll be prompted again for the ota upgrade

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
I didn't think
Well the ota 3 part upgrade never reappeared, very strange. I'm on A896 which works 'ok'. Can't face going to a dealer to upgrade, too time consuming. Maybe I'll be prompted again for the ota upgrade
I didn't think 1940 was OTA? (according to other contributors unless future plans). Left mine at the dealers ready to pick up 5 hours later and so far so good.

Jammers

Jan 3, 2023
Are dealers doing these updates for nowt or under warranty. My Leon is now over three years old but the Spoticar Warranty I still have on it seems to exclude software updates. Mine crashes most days about two or three minutes after driving off and then reboots. Less common is a black screen where I have to force a restart. I a going to say they are a distraction when driving and thus dangerous. I am on 1896.

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Are dealers doing these updates for nowt or under warranty. My Leon is now over three years old but the Spoticar Warranty I still have on it seems to exclude software updates. Mine crashes most days about two or three minutes after driving off and then reboots. Less common is a black screen where I have to force a restart. I a going to say they are a distraction when driving and thus dangerous. I am on 1896.
Under warranty. They’d likely charge a fortune after. You can download the update files from one of the sponsors on this forum though and do it yourself, but obviously the risk is on you if it gets bricked.

Reactions: Jammers
Nov 7, 2023
Does anybody have software 1940 and still unable to become primary user issue? Mine just loads forever and nothing I can do to fix it?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise