• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Oct 5, 2026
6
4
hi all
I recently bought an 2019 ATECA FR
I wanto to know what is possible on upgrading multimedia units.
Now I have this one:
833700532_2137789877114635_747136263982640138_n.jpg
825310432_4630490743897551_2047485743922226553_n.jpg

If I am not wrong it's an MIB 2, right?

And want to upgrade to this lcd screen 5FJ919605B:
830196487_3676571692493568_8922419200470384758_n.jpg


And if 5NN919605B is compatible with our ATECA?
Or
this: 5FJ919606
829940076_1857106525276095_8922199587876055366_n.jpg



I have to change the MIB unit? In wich case of screen ?

Can I upgrade my MIB 2 to MIB3?

Thanks for help
BR
 
You could try the Leon 3 thread. I don't think you can swap mib2 for mib3. You can upgrade mib2 standard to mib2 high. Plenty did that on the Leon 3 thread way back when. That a mib2 standard that you have.

Ateca Cupra to 2020, not mib3 that was 2020 on, may have had more fancy infotainment front panel displays like what you have shown. There you go most people have moved on from changing their heads I reckon. That was ten years when they went from mib1 to 2 and mib2 standard to mib2 high.