My Ibiza Mk2 16v from then to now

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Ok, I have a bit of an update that i add to every so often on the Mk2 ibiza forum but thought i needed a proper Readers Ride thread going.

Right, from then till now.

On a very very hot September sunday afternoon I organised to go and see this Ibiza that i had spotted on ebay. (58k on the clock but MOT expiring in 4 weeks).

Its a 3 hour drive from Cannock so I had the cash with me and was going with the intention of buying it. 5 hours later and with me in this and my misses in her white 8v we were on the motorway and heading back to home. Price paid - £1300....(as it was on ebay below)

blueibiza-1.jpg

Once home got it booked it for a service and started planning the Mods and tried to decide on a look i was going to head towards. While in for a service got a SS cat back system on it, however kept having to take it back as it wasnt fitted right and i kept getting a very nasty banging noise when i accelerated....they didnt care though and it makes me wonder if they ever serviced it properly....finally got it sorted after 6 weeks and can safely say the place lost my business forever. The double tail pipe looks good though.

005-3.jpg

Got the induction kit on and ordered the coilovers and OMP front are rear struts.

It went in to Midland VW ( my new choosen garage ) for its MOT and to have its Struts fitted. Sadly the Coilovers hadnt turned up but i couldnt wait and in it went.

It passed its MOT first time and on went the front strut. ( the rear wasnt fitted as the garage said it wouldnt fitt perfectly )

002.jpg

A week later the coilovers came and back it went to midland VW to have them fitted. The end result was better than i had ever hoped and the car now sits on a drop of about 60m.

007.jpg

003-2-1.jpg

After a bloody good clean I added some decals I had made up and some Wolfsburg door pins I had brought. I just wanted to annoy the so called VW fans at work with the door pins.

006.jpg

009.jpg

A week after that i found a bagless front grill laying round the house i had forgotten about. After really really thinking about weather or not to go with it I stuck it on and am now pleased with it.
017.jpg

Next for me was some Stamped plates and i found a Samco induction hose while looking on ebay one day. A cheeky bid of £21 and it was mine and the plates turned up also.

002-2.jpg

With a bit of spare time between xmas shopping today i got out side and got the hose and German plates on. Just love the looks the plates give the car and am happy with the way the samco hose looks under the bonnet.

idunctionhose001.jpg

Sadly thats it for now but pretty soon it needs to go in for a new front pasenger wing as its badly damaged ( on it when it i brought it ). Also while down the body shop I spoke to the guy about patching up my side repeaters. What i really want to head towards is a car with a smooth finish i think you might call it the Euro look. I want to steer clear of anything chav at all costs and will make sure i update this as soon as anything new is added.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
yes mate, Had the day off today so spent some time doing it. Normally the most basic of things takes me age's ( the grill took me an hour and a half ) but this was on in 15 mins !! :D

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Cheers mate, wheels really need to come off and have sme work done on them as the paint is starting to peel quite bad on one. Am keeping my eye out on ebay for some cheap 15's it can be driven on while i sort them out.

De Cat done yesterday, Sounds very grumbly....but i like it.

its going on the RR on saturday so we will see what its putting out.

oalloyd

Wow, the car looks great! Really nice colour, too.

I've got a similar car but slightly older - you've fitted a lot of stuff that i've got on mine - do you have any more plans for it? I reckon a twin headlight conversion would really suit it..

o :)

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Update

It went on a RR today and shot at 155 so i am putting exterior plans on hold for a bit and am going to concentrate on the engine.

I was hoping for 160 with all the things ive had done but I really dont think it was serviced right when i took it in at 58k.

As for the head light conversion. I actually quite like the original one's. LOL

003-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

006-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
155 aint bad at all mate, its not as tho you have done huge amounts of work under there.. personally i think induction kits suck eggs..lose that and get standard box back in along with a cotton filter.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
I agree mate, dont get me wrong i wasnt expecting mirracles but would have liked 160.

i would try the standard air box if i had it but its gone....I am going to play with a cold air feed today and see if i can get something hooked up.

nigel_bnp86

Hi all,

Im new to modding cars and this forum stuff so any help would be greatly apprecieated.

I have a 1996 Mk2 ibiza 1.4 8v, im am trying to source an iduction kit for it but all i can find are those for a 16v engine?!

Will the induction kit for the 16v work/fit my 8v?

Thanks

P.s. Orangemufin - What are those white weels you have on your car? i need to get me a set of those !!

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
Hi all,

Im new to modding cars and this forum stuff so any help would be greatly apprecieated.

I have a 1996 Mk2 ibiza 1.4 8v, im am trying to source an iduction kit for it but all i can find are those for a 16v engine?!

Will the induction kit for the 16v work/fit my 8v?

Thanks

P.s. Orangemufin - What are those white weels you have on your car? i need to get me a set of those !!

I just replied in your other thread....those white wheels are the standard wheels on the mk2 ibiza cupra 16v

nigel_bnp86

thans for the help. Is there a great deal of difference in having a 16v to an 8v?
i was looking at a Pipecross induction kit, do you think this one would fit ---

cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIPERCROSS-Induction-Kit-PK049-Seat-Ibiza-Mk2-1-4-16v_W0QQitemZ360128642375QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item360128642375&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
looking good orangemuffin[B)] hope you manage a good paint match when you get that wing done:)

i have a lowly 8v that is completely standard so 115 book,had her rollered at AMD in july and got a surprisingly nice 132bhp and she was running a tad crap at the time.pretty damn happy with that figure however:D since she had the tb cleaned,well squirted with half a can of carb cleaner and a drilled airbox shoved on her,she runs like a dream and definitely feels pokier but i don't think i'll get an improvement on that previous figure!

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Havnt done an update in soooooo long so now i have some time here you go.....

Where do i start....

Full Samco hose kit is now on.

003-11.jpg

also ive started cleaning the engine bay and putting a coat of back to black on everything and the results are pretty good.

once all done then this will be fitted

044.jpg

just waiting to land a rocker cover and it will be coated red and slotted under the polished manifold....cant wait !

Got a wiper bung at spring fest so off came the back wiper a week later...(also took the aerial off..hate those things )

006-5.jpg

Also got round the finally fitting the 10mm rear spacers and i really like them. Not to much but not to little..

Looked great at Spring Fest, got some great ideas and once ive got the engine bay fitted its time for a show cage i think.

006-4.jpg

cheers
Dan

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
Cam Belt done today and all the new shiny bits fitted.....Cant stop going ot to look at it and just love it so much !!

Got fed up of looking for a rocker cover in the end so just brought a ready powder coated one from ebay but really glad i did as the finish on it is very good.

010-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

Cheers everyone....

would love some feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.