P1060200.jpg

P1060202.jpg

P1060201.jpg

:D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Box is here and will be sent to Stealth after I get back in January.

The rest will be fitted during January/February/March time.

Once box is back the front end will be off and some changes will be thought about to include a good cold air supply for track and road.

Track will be a head light with its guts ripped out, road will be???... Not too sure yet

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Boys boys boys... your WAY behind, lol

I'm planning on drilling holes in the bumper to correspond with these bolts and fit them with gromets;)

viola!!!

easy fit and remove for track

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Jesus i thought you were dead, saying that i havnt updated my thread in yonks.

I am really liking this light duct idea i do have to say.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
hehe I knew you'd have thought of that Willie. I was just making sure you weren't losing it. If you ask me you should just stop dicking around and put a vent in the bonnet lol
That's been tnought about too:p
There is a potential for pressure drop across the fmic and radiator doing that.
Also thought about a wing vent but that's a vaccum point so no use.
This seems to be the one to try first but there is also the potential for aerodynamic issues too.
I'll have the whole front end off so will see what's what then.
Aye Wilz, still live and kicking:)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
you cant of done nothing in 6 weeks, what you been up to??

Worse min, far worse.

Car hasn't turned a wheel in 4 months.
The Clutch housing has a very small crack in it and currently waiting on update from Stealth Racing when my new GB and LSD is all fitted and well:)
Also have a very annoying alarm issue that's seriously doing my head in!!

Got house and shed projects growing arms too so not too sure when I'll get around to fiddling with car:(

Cupra R101

Willie mate I notice you used to have Powervane 2 piece discs on your car were they with compbrake bells??
What do you think of them am deciding between these for unsprung weight advantage or go for the cheaper 1 piece of Bills EBC eliptical grove discs
What are your views

Cheers

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Willie mate I notice you used to have Powervane 2 piece discs on your car were they with compbrake bells??
What do you think of them am deciding between these for unsprung weight advantage or go for the cheaper 1 piece of Bills EBC eliptical grove discs
What are your views

Cheers
The power vane ones have an approximate 3Kgs advantage per side over the OEM 323mm 1 piece discs.
The initial cost of the 2 piece set up puts people off, once you have spent this initial sum there not much more expensive than 1 piece rotors.

My car with OEM map (proved 210BHP), light rotors and lighter fly wheel with stripped out interior was neck and neck with a 270BHP/270ft-lbs LCR till ???mph.....well you get my drift.

You choice should be based on you expected use of the car and how you drive.
I drive had and want everything to be very positive so these rotors with DS2500 pads suit me fine.
I've always been willing to pay a bit more for close to the best.
Without going for bigger calipers this is the best breaking you will get for the LCR.

If you want/need/cannot be without the best go for these.

If you just wanting good braking then go for eliptically grooved plain 1 piece discs with DS2500 pads with RBF600 brake fluid

Have you ever considered Carbotech brake pads?
I had them on my car with ultimax discs for about 4 months or so and changed back to DS2500's due to squealing when braking in traffic but i have to say the braking with the Carbotech's was much stronger than the DS2500's.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members