de catted turbo downpipe

redgt

Mar 4, 2006
im getting a down pipe made up in a week or so, going to get it priced up tomorow. only thing is what size do i go for? 3"?

i have a scorpion cat back exhuast. think thats 2.5" :confused:

also will decat make my car stupidly loud, or just a bit louder than it is?

redgt

Mar 4, 2006
have thought about the changing over for MOT time. not reallyto bothered about that. its only once a year... plus the downpipe with out a cat is alot cheaper, worksout t around £120 fittted

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
You may find that it'll throw up engine management lights, and fault codes, so you'll need the lambda sensor to sit out of the flow of the exhaust gases.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
He doesnt say that, and I dont know whether he has or not.

Im a little busy to remember everyone elses mod's! Aint got time to fit my own!!

claudefrog

Oct 23, 2005
At home
www.reallymeansounds.com
i have a spare broken cat.. so now have myself a proper de-cat... check this bad boy out.

im going to fit it along with revo stage 2.. and if it dont work I shall put a blueflame on... it cost nothing to make.. so nothing lost if it does not work.

ghetto-decat.jpg

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
redgt said:
have thought about the changing over for MOT time. not reallyto bothered about that. its only once a year... plus the downpipe with out a cat is alot cheaper, worksout t around £120 fittted

How much are two downpipe gaskets & 8 DP nuts and 2 x 1hr labour needed to swap out?

I bet you'll 'pay' your £120 pretty quick

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
I had a 3" de-cat on mine for a while with no problem whatsoever and the power gains were great and i really felt the diference once it came to MOT time. Now ive got a 3" downpipe into a 3" sports cat an 2.5" back which works perfectly. Oh an yeh the de-cat will make it stupidly loud, you'l lose your exhaust tone and it will be replaced by pure engine grunt which sounds like a tank

mk1golf_jack

Golf nut
Mar 13, 2007
Herts
dont know if this is any help but i had 1 lambda probe in and it ran like a sack of :censored:, welded a boss for the second one and it ran like a dream, so if you do go de-cat, make sure you have 2 lambdas in!!

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
hi, i'm running a 3'' downpipe and de-cat then its 2.5'' from there with only one silencer at the rear. i've had no problems at all and as myki said the gains really are great, you will notice a much faster spool time. on the down side u will get a bit more noise, on tick over its not much different but open it up on the road and you will have a completly different beast! but i guess it depends on what you use your car for, mine is not a daily driver so noise is not an issue, but its worth thinkin about if u are goin to do lots of long journeys, etc.

tashacupra

Next up "twin scroll"
Jul 26, 2007
suffolk
hi, i'm running a 3'' downpipe and de-cat then its 2.5'' from there with only one silencer at the rear. i've had no problems at all and as myki said the gains really are great, you will notice a much faster spool time. on the down side u will get a bit more noise, on tick over its not much different but open it up on the road and you will have a completly different beast! but i guess it depends on what you use your car for, mine is not a daily driver so noise is not an issue, but its worth thinkin about if u are goin to do lots of long journeys, etc.

cruising03uk

street sleeper
May 10, 2006
north london
everyone seems to be going 3" is 3" better than 2.5" if the rest of the system is 2.5"? does it allow it to spool that bit faster than 2.5" or will it be the same? i only have k03 so would 2.5" be better?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members