Footwell Glow....

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Hey Peeps...

Been thinking for a while now, that with the centre console, dashboard and boost gauge all glowing red, my footwells were looking SOO dark and gloomy, so I have been thinking about how to get a red glow from them, without spending £££'s on 12" interior neons like some Chave dude... lol

Was in Motorist centre on Saturday and saw some Exterior door handle LEDs by Prisym (I think thats correct will check ;))
Basically you would wire them to the interior light so when you unlock car, exterior door handles would glow...

Consists of 3 red LEDs in a sticky back strip....

I bought them £8.99 for both, and wired them to the same wires I wired my boost gauge to, so they also run off the dimmer....

Passenger footwell...

S7000440.jpg

Drivers footwell...

S7000441.jpg

From left...

S7000438.jpg

From right...

S7000443.jpg

IMHO not chav, (I should know I went mad on my SAXO :rolleyes: ) but a subtle glow, which balances the interior of the car nicely :D

Drivers side reflects light better due to pedals, but both look good IMO

Apologies for pics, camera didn't like shooting without flash and I couldn't be arsed to mess about with settings :whistle:

Opinions/views welcome ;)

Moley

cr33p

diesel powah!
Sep 11, 2006
Slovenia
Looks good! Not like the "ricer" neons :D

You wired them to the dimmer?? What happens if you dim it down to minimum light?

Oct 17, 2006
Walthamstow
im doing the same soon as but didnt want to get the neon stick going on - but the little LED work nicely -

also going to do idea for the glove box.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Looks good! Not like the "ricer" neons :D

You wired them to the dimmer?? What happens if you dim it down to minimum light?

Cheers mate, I didn't want a FAT 9" red stick in my footwell, but these little babies do the job just fine, I was going to try red LED sidelights, but the 501 bulb holders were £3 each and I would of needed 2 or 3 each side, so I gave up, then on Saturday I saw these...result!!

They just go low, not off, but I guess if you want you could always run an inline switch so you could choose whether they were on or off?

Tell ya what I'll do a short vid tonight, if it comes out well, I'll add it to thread..

im doing the same soon as but didnt want to get the neon stick going on - but the little LED work nicely -

also going to do idea for the glove box.

Glovebox? You gonna drive along with it open? ;) :cartman:

they look pretty damn cool mike!!! well done....it looks virtually factory fit!!! nice one!!!

Cheers matey, took about 10 mins to fit and wire in, not bad for £9 I reckon, well cuffed :D

Cheers!

Molehill

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
yeah looks good mole nice and subtle not to fast and furious o look at me with me bright chavston neons lol

wish you'd stop nicking my ideas though :whistle:

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
lol - no its a pain in the arse to see anything in the glove box when it gets to dark -

Yeah I guess thats true! lol

yeah looks good mole nice and subtle not to fast and furious o look at me with me bright chavston neons lol

Wish you'd stop nicking my ideas though :whistle:

Cheers mate, your idea? Your idea was to knock some chav out and steal his neons off his NOVA!! lol

Probably more fun but my way is less hassle... lol

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Prism_Lighting_.html

about halfway down the page after all the chav chav 501 led upgrades. according to maplin the reds have been discontinued, hurry hurry!

Yeah thats them, as I said I got them from the Motorist Centre, but it was the last pack, will ring him and see if he can get anymore....!

If I see anymore I will get a couple of packs, if you guys are interested, I can always sell em on flea bay if you get your own...

Mike

Last edited:

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Same arse.

Nope, neons are tubes, LEDS are Light Emitting (sp) Diodes, (but you knew that...lol) haha ;)

Seriously tho, I do see what your saying, and fair enough if thats your opinon, but honestly, these just fit with the rest of the car. They don't flash to the music, they don't glow the whole car like a big red bubble, just a subtle glow that matches, dash, centre console and gauges.

I am sure some 'posh' cars come with them as standard these days (although they are wired to the interior light IIRC).

Pics don't do lights justice, as said, will try to get a video tonight.

Mike

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
i think they look good......its not like you've got a motorworld neon strip on the parcel shelf which would have as much of an effect as a paving slab on the roof.

i wouldnt personally do it to mine because i could never be arsed to go to such lengths but fair play to you, they look cool and match the rest of the ambience.

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
i think they look good......its not like you've got a motorworld neon strip on the parcel shelf which would have as much of an effect as a paving slab on the roof.

i wouldnt personally do it to mine because i could never be arsed to go to such lengths but fair play to you, they look cool and match the rest of the ambience.

Cheers mate, only took 10 mins tho!! [B)]

nice idea, dont like em tho .... not for me

:cry: Booo

lol

Mike

Last edited:

Havok316

Boost Junky
Jun 6, 2006
Weston-super-Mare
nice subtle mod :) i like it another one ive seen which looks mint is leds on the interior handles

you can get led strips from magazines such as fast ford they often give away 4-5 led strips for £4.25 (the price of the mag) but then we aint ford fan boys lol

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
looks good mike.. Nice and subtle and nothing like chavvy neons :)

Cheers mate :)

nice subtle mod :) i like it another one ive seen which looks mint is leds on the interior handles

you can get led strips from magazines such as fast ford they often give away 4-5 led strips for £4.25 (the price of the mag) but then we aint ford fan boys lol

I think anymore red glows WILL start to look chav tbh, but the LED strips you mention sound similar to what I have, but they are probably blue, as that seems the most common 'giveaway' colour.

Mike

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.