LCR Wheels - Change from ET35 to ET45

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
If the standard wheels on a LCR are 18x7.5 ET35 5x100 PCD

Will the same size but ET45 fit with 10mm spacers all round, as this will put the wheels in the same alignment. Also if the spokes of the new wheels foul the calipers is it safe to go to 15-20mm spacers as this would put it to +5-10mm more than normal. I know some people have fitted 10mm spacers as standard.

I havn't a clue with aftermarket wheels as have never bought any but I really want the Force 10's and am not sure if they will clear the Brembos :(

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Anyone have Force 10's on an LCR?. I have found the wheels for a good price but don't want to risk buying 10mm spacers if it turns out I need 15-20mm.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
Your thinking in post #1 seems sound enough and would work for two identical wheels.

Problem is the shape of some wheels clearing the Brembo Calipers.

My old Audi RS6 Alloys should have cleared the calipers according to the supplier.....however they didn't which meant 10mm spacers and don;t forget extra long bolts (the right shaped bolt to sit in the wheel too).

Mine was trial and error untill it worked.......

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I prefer the other spacers that use their own bolts to the hub and then you can use your own bolts and locking nut on the wheel to the spacer :)

I just need to find someone who as either A fitted these wheels or b someone with some spacers to trial.

Does anyone know the maximum spacers the LCR can accomodate before the wheel is past the arch or is this also down to wheel design?. I'm sure 20mm would be pushing it.

Last edited:

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I prefer the other spacers that use their own bolts to the hub and then you can use your own bolts and locking nut on the wheel to the spacer :)

What advantage does that give out of interest?

I used the forge Motorsport spacers :shrug: as a rule of thumb on longer bolts about 7 full turns are needed to ensure you have enough length of thread.

Does anyone know the maximum spacers the LCR can accomodate before the wheel is past the arch or is this also down to wheel design?. I'm sure 20mm would be pushing it.

I added 10mm spacers and increased from 7.5inch to 8inch rims so all things being equal 22.5mm and this was right on the limit, any more and they would have been stuck out.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Yeah no advantage to the spacers apart from the fact the bolts come with the spacers and I can use my own set and locknuts without have to buy a longer set and a longer set of locknuts.

So up to 22.5mm is roughly the limit. I'm not sure I should just buy the wheels now and sort the spacing later but if the 20mm still aint enough for caliper clearence then i'd be a tad pissed and have a set of unwanted wheels :lol:

RobDon

Pro Detailer
From my experience I'd stick to a proper offset wheel rather than fit huge spacers, LCR wheels are ET38 not ET35 - but as said the spoke design is most important, even some ET35 wheels won't clear Brembos due to the spokes.

Spacers bring about their own problems - extra strain on the bearings, higher risk of longer bolts snapping, more chance of wheel wobble plus you'll have to find longer locking bolts too.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Rob that is slightly better if they are ET38. Everything i've read so far about hubcentric spacers is that they shouldn't cause the wheel wobble or cause any further stress to the hubs due to the way they fit in the wheel. Over the old standard spacers that simply sandwhich between. I've obviously got no experience to argue but I'm sure a few people are running these spacers with no issues.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
And how do you plan on doing this with a 5-10mm spacer?

No don't think they do them for the smaller ones but if I need the 15-20's then I'm sure they do them. Or that's what the guy on the phone has just quoted me for.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Well guess who has just came back from Demon Tweeks £850 notes lighter :(

Demon Tweeks have been kind enough to let me trial fit today with their stock.
They used the silver ones from stock to measure but I have ordered the gun metal colour. The wheels fit with 4-5mm clearance over the brembos. However the price to pay for this is with 20mm hubcentric spacers all round and I will have converted the hub to a stud fitment for the spacers and nuts. The total track increase is only 26mm though, 13 each side as the Force 10's are a 7mm less offset to begin with. I know people are running 10mm on standard wheels so don't think the 3mm will make much difference. Also the technician said I should have no problems (I hope) or if I do I can take them back.

So with a set of Mcguard lock nuts (fitment yet to be sorted) total was about £850.

I will shortly be placing a for sale feeler for a standard set of LCR alloys. :whistle:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.