LCR .. twin fans

Rebecca

glad to see the units are still selling well :D..
Hey Muttly! [B)]

It went a bit quiet for a while but now the sun is out again, I think people are missing their cooling fans!

DH is very busy at the moment with various work but we're looking into getting some suppliers sorted out. That will spread the load a bit, hopefully, as it's a bit tough when he's out in the garage all weekend after being away all week. Bad enough for me but the kids feel it even more.

I hope your car is still nice and cool? Have a great summer,

Rebecca

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
I've notcied i'm getting the big loud fan noise switching on and off quite frequently

If the engine is running, and the air con is on, the fans dont turn
but intermittently they burst to life at full pelt for a few seconds, then turn off again.

I've checked the 3 green fuses on top of the battery, and they dont seem to be broken

Does it sound like i need this module?

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Does indeed.

When you put you A/C compressor on the fans should turn at slow speed. If they run fast at least it shows the fans are still working - you should avoid using your aircon until you have it fixed.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
I've notcied i'm getting the big loud fan noise switching on and off quite frequently

If the engine is running, and the air con is on, the fans dont turn
but intermittently they burst to life at full pelt for a few seconds, then turn off again.

I've checked the 3 green fuses on top of the battery, and they dont seem to be broken

Does it sound like i need this module?

Never believe a word I say do you mark? ;)

stump

Aug 23, 2007
I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago, after a £630 repair quote from the stealer!

After sweating my way to work sitting in traffic I decided it couldn't wait for the weekend and fitted it yesterday.

Once I'd worked out how to get the battery out it went quite smoothly. You need to make sure you have a socket set with long reach adapter as some bolts are a bit awkward, but it went in fine and I now have slow fans :D

Worth every penny I say :)

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Mark, I've had my battery off about 6 times in the last couple of weeks, I think its safe to say I'm now an expert, I'll give you a hand to fix it if you like.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I can confirm it's an easy enough job too - the only issue i had was with the fuse holder jumping apart, some electrical tape and a cable tie cured that ( just being extra cautious) and i have slow speed fans back ( not sure they ever worked before!). All in it took about an hour :)

muttly

Oct 1, 2005
Stamford Nr Peterborough
Hey Muttly! [B)]

It went a bit quiet for a while but now the sun is out again, I think people are missing their cooling fans!

DH is very busy at the moment with various work but we're looking into getting some suppliers sorted out. That will spread the load a bit, hopefully, as it's a bit tough when he's out in the garage all weekend after being away all week. Bad enough for me but the kids feel it even more
I hope your car is still nice and cool? Have a great summer,

Rebecca

glad to hear things are goin well!...yep things still nice and cool..haha.. [B)]

daveyboy02

Just fitted the kit and all is working well now! Very impressed - it is a great solution to this problem and can't recommend highly enough.

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
I have had air conditioning all winter and as soon as it gets hot the thing goes down!!!

mine arrived today though, so will have to put in asap

MatP

Converted
Nov 9, 2004
Lincolnshire
Fitted my module on Sunday and can happily report that fans now work correctly.

Happy and pleasantly cooled but........

My traction control light has started coming on for no reason. i.e. start up, drive off and light comes on. Stop and restart car and back to normal for the rest of the day. Then same thing this morning!

Hoping that it is just a coincedent or that it was upset by the battery being disconnected etc.....

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Fitted my module on Sunday and can happily report that fans now work correctly.

Happy and pleasantly cooled but........

My traction control light has started coming on for no reason. i.e. start up, drive off and light comes on. Stop and restart car and back to normal for the rest of the day. Then same thing this morning!

Hoping that it is just a coincedent or that it was upset by the battery being disconnected etc.....

Welcome to the club fella, get vag com on your car and find out what codes your getting because I'd say there is a good chance you are getting the same ones as me and junior senior.

see here....

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171324&highlight=abs+problem

Last edited:

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
However, we have taken all of the comments about the price on board, and there is now a kit available on our site as well, for anyone who feels that they would rather save money and make one themselves. Info here: https://www.nime.co.uk/nimeshop/showitem.f?itm=23

Well I wish I had spotted this before :p I still hadn't gotten round to fixing the problem so went on the site to tempt myself and saw the new kit so i've placed an order this morning :p

Now I just need to look around the workshop for a box to put it in ;)

Gnollins

Bosh!
Jul 24, 2006
Yarnton, Oxfordshire
Welcome to the club fella, get vag com on your car and find out what codes your getting because I'd say there is a good chance you are getting the same ones as me and junior senior.

see here....

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=171324&highlight=abs+problem

Yeah, I think the Nime box is causing these issues as my TCS light comes on *only* when using the air-con! Takes a while though, I've got to be driving for 30-40 mins with the aircon on the whole time before the TCS light comes on.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
Yeah, I think the Nime box is causing these issues as my TCS light comes on *only* when using the air-con! Takes a while though, I've got to be driving for 30-40 mins with the aircon on the whole time before the TCS light comes on.

I'm not saying the nime box is neccessarily at fault, there are a few people getting the same issues since fitting however.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
I had a one off with intermittent glow plug warning but once cleared with vagcom it hasn't come back - i did make sure all the earths were nice and tight, out of interest did you use the big earth or the little one behind it and to the right to earth your nime box to?

cuprakitty

May 1, 2007
Wolves, West Midlands
I had a one off with intermittent glow plug warning but once cleared with vagcom it hasn't come back - i did make sure all the earths were nice and tight, out of interest did you use the big earth or the little one behind it and to the right to earth your nime box to?

Ditto re: intermittent glow plug warning - except I don't know mine is a one-off yet. Cleared and the light is off now, but gotta give it a few days to see if it comes back on, I guess.

During fitting of the nime box we had both earths disconnected - reconnected nice and tightly though.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales

In the end, to eliminate my concerns about the earth I added a new screw to the side by the battery and earthed to that.