Supercharged Mk2 Ibiza - pictures from holland 14/7/09

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
lol thats too muvh for me!! I wouldnt mind trying to source a 16v engine and then modifying that but then i might as well sell mine and buy a valver for what its worth!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I've found some proper compression plates available for the 1.8 16v (and 2.0 16v)

If you want to do it properly? they're dirt cheap since they're just water cut plate

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
http://cgi.ebay.de/Verdichtungsredu...ryZ61310QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

seen some elsewhere from 'shops' that are the same, lowered CR by about 1

this is the translation of the ebay add for the lazzy.
Sold a reduction compaction plate (intermediate plate) from 1.5 mm steel. The record is 100% fit for all 1.8 litre 16V KR, Pl engines, as well as in the 1.8 litre 8V engines from VW. The right engine are also setting up to 350 hp possible without expensive to forge Pistons rebuild. Can be used for turbo conversions, 16V G60 reconstruction or 16V Kompessorumbau used. Now the usual ... The article is as pure motor sport, and thus no guarantee, warranty or return policy sold. The buyer agrees to submit its bid to agree.

mork when using these plate do they go on the block then gasket then head or the other way round. and do you use any sort of sealer?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
I would presume 1 x gasket each side of this ebay plate.. so there's a seal.
Also you may find some copper head gaskets of 1/8" thickness to drop the CR which dont use gaskets. (makes me wonder how good a seal tho)

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
would copper gaskets give you corrosion problems? iron,copper and alloy would think the whole thing would disolve lol

just googled and got this
When using a Decompression Plate - only one head gasket must be used. All that is needed to seal the plate is a thin smear of high temperature non-setting sealant around the water & oil galleries between the 2 metal surfaces only. Let the conventional head gasket do its job in exactly the same way, as if the spacer plate wasn’t there. Don’t forget that with OHC engines it may be necessary to use a vernier pulley to allow correct cam timing settings. It is not necessary to anneal a decomp plate.

Last edited:

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
boost return only puts the unsused boost back into the system, thats why i'm using a Dump Valve kinda thing that nando is doing, and ste4232 is using a Dump Valve to, it's better than throwing warm boost back in. Just blow it out lol

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
been busy today, thought i'd finally upload the pics

completely stripped out the back, a trip to halfrauds and got some paint mixed, by the way its an excellent match to the original colour

DSCF0507.jpg

DSCF0506.jpg

got my new glovebox (from another ibiza instead of a polo)
DSCF0508.jpg

and eddy sent me pics of the megasquirt
Megasquirt1.jpg

151220078171.jpg

151220078221.jpg

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
nice clean boot mate mine looked like this until i put **** loads of sound deadening in for my sub lol!

craig87

beeza lover!
Mar 14, 2007
thats it i truly believe you need to choose one path and take it you cant really have a fast car and a mental sound system lol!! Looks lurvly mate if i didnt have a passion for sound systems (geek i know!) then id love to strip mine out and have it on a track!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise