Supercharged Mk2 Ibiza - pictures from holland 14/7/09

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
I've found some proper compression plates available for the 1.8 16v (and 2.0 16v)

If you want to do it properly? they're dirt cheap since they're just water cut plate

now you tell me :doh:

would have saved me a week of favours and working out

my head hurts :headhurt:

ste4232

Jan 9, 2008
pics look good mate!

Ive gone hardcore with stripping! 1st did mine like you. Then carpets and sound deadening came out (3 days with scrapper and heat gun) then door cards . . .

Now when done she will have no dash, heaters, etc Just 2 seats, cage and steering wheel LOL!

I removed head unit and door speakers as when stripped i couldnt hear it ven on full volume so what was point? ha ha

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
you have'nt looked then.
:no:

VW 'Scene' investigates stretched tyres as dangerous
179095946_aabdb2744c.jpg

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
now children this isnt a stretched tyre thread, or it would be on edition38

this is a supercharging thread, now all of you go sit on the naughty step (can be the same one if you want lol)

that is all

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
deep down chris i they are thinking of your best interest - honest

having seen a turbo 16v spool up personally i'd want a dry track and slicks on it :p

ste4232

Jan 9, 2008
traction isn't that bad with a charger though, as the power is much smoother and not all or nothing like a turbo!

tyre choise . . .thats an interesting one! i personally prefere tyres with a little less grip as you can hold controlled sliding, where as really good ones are grip, grip, grip and then without warning your going sideways way to fast towards something un-breakable!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
all I'm thinking is it's hardly a budget build already.... so why not chuck a few quid at the one thing that's worth doing right.

or is it all skinny tyres on wide rims?

all I'm thinking is it's hardly a budget build already.... so why not chuck a few quid at the one thing that's worth doing right.

or is it all skinny tyres on wide rims?

I spoke to Nando about pistons... Apparently there is a Turbo'd ABF running 18psi on stacked HG's that has been fine for nearly two years.

I personally am going to get some low comp pistons eventually, but they aren't imperative if you're only running an Eaton.

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
the HG's will do for now, i wanted to get it boosting first, cant rag it for the 1st 1000 miles really anyway to let everything bed in, then i'll see what i've got money wise to upgrade things on. Pistons will happen, just not now

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members