strut braces how easy are they to fit

soamer

soamer
Jan 8, 2007
telford
hi guys,
happy new year

ive not been on for a while but i am slowly building my 8v to compete in sprints and a few rallys.

ive just bought a front strut brace from omp but theres no fitting guide. how easy are they to fit as in the past ive been lazy and used preperation companys, b
but i want to do this one myself is it as eay as just drilling and screwing it on??

soamer

ste4232

Jan 9, 2008
you can just drill and fit using the self tapping screw-type bolts that come with kit or . . . do it propperly buy using nut and bolts and bolt through top of strut. Pain the the arse to do with wheels n shocks in place but i think its better than the other option.

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
you can just drill and fit using the self tapping screw-type bolts that come with kit or . . . do it propperly buy using nut and bolts and bolt through top of strut. Pain the the arse to do with wheels n shocks in place but i think its better than the other option.

Agree with ste better using nuts and bolts

Benji-boy

May 10, 2007
Leeds, UK
try nuts and bolts, but its abit of a pig removing the arch lining to get to the bottom of the strut top so be warned.

Boi Ninja

16 valves of sweet shhhhh
Dec 23, 2005
Enfield, Shanktown
hey ...mine went on yesterday, abeit i tightened the screw that holds the alarm sensor too much and it broke off ....but the strut brace is on hehe, gonna take it apart next week when i have time because i forgot to spray something so the holes dont rust up. ....it really helped chassis flex, most of my creaking has gone which i thought was from the coilovers at first.

bolt, shakeproof washers, nut and locking nut.

all i done was jack the car up, drill ...i didnt remove arch linings?

timmybiza

if you have a top strut brace you relly need the bottom one as well... piece of cake to fit and it creates a box at the font of the car and makes the whole lot stronger makes quite a differance.

ronnie35

Mar 29, 2006
Aberystwyth
hi guys,
happy new year

ive not been on for a while but i am slowly building my 8v to compete in sprints and a few rallys.

ive just bought a front strut brace from omp but theres no fitting guide. how easy are they to fit as in the past ive been lazy and used preperation companys, b
but i want to do this one myself is it as eay as just drilling and screwing it on??

soamer

Bit of a long shot but were you spectating on the telford novices road rally aseveral weeks ago?..I remember seeing a silver ibiza with spot lights at the start of the rally, just wondering if that was you?

timmybiza

well the sience behind it is simple the front end just doent felx wiv the completed box. iv also got spax shox and springs and power flex poly bushes and nothing has lost me round a bend or roundabout, civics clio 182s even my mates evo 9 so i would say it turned it into one of the best handling cars on the road.

ste4232

Jan 9, 2008
The lower one is well worth the £25 odd quid it costs!

The most difference i found was the rear one, what a difference!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.