Help removing sat-nav stereo

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Hi all, well i bought my first leon yesterday but having trouble getting any radio stations through the sat nav. I think the aerial isnt plugged in to the back of the sat-nav unit so want to take it out and look. also want to see if there are AUX inputs in the back as there appears to be an option for it on screen.

The passenger side of the sat-nav unit seems to be loose, but the drivers side is solid, how do i remove it ?

Any help appreciated.

DSC00339.jpg

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
No little slits to see if they could go in anywhere?

not that i can see anywhere no. I need to find somene on here thats removed the sat nav unit i think. Iam going down to halfords now to see if they can help although i have a feeling they wont have a clue, failing that i'll take it down to a dealers tomorrow who should be able to advise on how to remove it and if it needs removal pins where you put them.

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
It cant be hard to spot the obvious thing that is holding it in, get a torch and have a good look, your overlooking what could be a simple thing.

Ive never done one before so heres what i would do

7612001034_4.png
on the corners can see tabs that would lock it in place yea.

Look at either side of the nav unit, see 2 slots on each side roughly in the same position as clips?

I bet if you poke somthing in each slot it will slide out with ease. That looks the only possible way of removal, eith that, or they are made to just pull out which i cant see. also keep the unit square to the hole and not just wrench one side. If the slots are no good then push it in square to the hole and see if keys can get down the side.

Here is the back of the unit -

7612001034_3.png

And a side veiw -

7612001034_2.png

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Well, i managed to get the unit out with some removal keys i got from halfords.

Radio aerial wasnt plugged in so that explains having no radio signal. I started looking for AUX connections. The only thing i could find was the input pictured below. It looks like an S-Video or DIN input put the pin configuration is different. Might be an optional lead from SEAT. Also heres the pic of the wiring diagram from the unit.

Anyone know what the input is ?

DSC00341.jpg

DSC00340.jpg

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Glad to be of help matey, glad it came out :clap:

How would you rate the unit them, im considering upgrding to one and puting the tv tuner on aswell ;)

still learning how to use it as ive only had the car for less then 24 hours. Seems pretty solid and easy to navigate around all the options, although i was considering replacing the unit with a double din-touch screen dvd player at some point, as i wont use the sat nav on this as i have the tomtom software and cradle on my iPhone 3GS, which is more up to date and i can position it better for viewing. I just wanted to find a way of connecting my iPhone through it for music as i wont use the 6 disc changer in the glovebox.

If i replace it, then i'll be selling the Seat sat-nav headunit with the AUX lead in the ebay link and 2004 sat-nav software disc, and the 6-disc CD changer.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
still learning how to use it as ive only had the car for less then 24 hours. Seems pretty solid and easy to navigate around all the options, although i was considering replacing the unit with a double din-touch screen dvd player at some point, as i wont use the sat nav on this as i have the tomtom software and cradle on my iPhone 3GS, which is more up to date and i can position it better for viewing. I just wanted to find a way of connecting my iPhone through it for music as i wont use the 6 disc changer in the glovebox.

If i replace it, then i'll be selling the Seat sat-nav headunit with the AUX lead in the ebay link and 2004 sat-nav software disc, and the 6-disc CD changer.

Then you sell it to me ;)

Lee_Cupra

Or me!...:-o

I need one of these!..lol

Has anyone done a retro fit into our shape leons as mine only has a single din slot but I assume there must be a way of converting it.

I've seen the retro fit guide for the later models but not for the MKI.

What model is that sat nav unit by the way?

Aug 7, 2009
Manchester U.K
Or me!...:-o

I need one of these!..lol

Has anyone done a retro fit into our shape leons as mine only has a single din slot but I assume there must be a way of converting it.

I've seen the retro fit guide for the later models but not for ours.

Need the centre of the dashboard and you loose the ashtray too. And il fight you for it :cartman:

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
something on the want list, but cost doesn't help. but can be swayed..

something on the want list, but cost doesn't help. but can be swayed..

[edit]
curious, how much and what description does the halford key kit have.
thanks
[/edit]

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members