Nick’s Silver LCR 225- update BMC Twin Cone vs BMC CDA

LCR 225

Nick
May 1, 2010
Bristol
Hello everyone. I have now owned my LCR for nearly a year now and thought I would post some pictures of my it to see what you all think.

DSCN1151.jpg

DSCN1155.jpg

DSCN1156-1.jpg

photo-4.jpg

DSCN1166.jpg

Car was standard when I bought it minus the wheels and windows.
This is what I have done since owning it:

Forge 007p DV
Forge TIP
Forge Upper Boost hoses
Polished Charge Pipe
Polished manifold
Magnex cat-back exhaust system
BMC CDA filter
Prosport smoked Boost Gauge
Nomad A Pillar
P-Torque Stage 1 remap
Fabia Rear wiper
Refurbed Brembo's
Refurbed Steering wheel
New Seat centre caps
Cupra R floor matts
Cupra R tax disc
n249 bypass
Carbon Seat Sport Gear Knob
+ more to come :D

Wish list:
Forge intercooler with custom piping
Stage 2 remap :think:

Thanks for looking!

Comments and suggestions welcome. :)

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Hi Nick,

The car looks great. Nice one getting the reader's ride up as discussed ;)

Love the wheels. Go with the car really well. Also looking forward to seeing my forge TIP again on someone else's LCR! Great bit of kit. You should notice an airflow gain over the standard TIP.

One small thing just to point out if you agree with me, do you think your exhaust is hanging a little low under the rear bumper?

LCR 225

Nick
May 1, 2010
Bristol
Thanks for the nice words Tom.

Yeah cheers,only decided to make one when we spoke about it. :)

Hopefully the TIP should be on this weekend really looking forward to see what difference it will make. Also think Sam mentioned about doing the n249 on my car as well.

Haha yeah good spotting I did notice it not long ago I need to get that sorted. I think Sam and I are going to swap exhausts (he wants something a bit quieter) so I'll get it sorted then when we decide to change them over.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Thanks for the nice words Tom.

Yeah cheers,only decided to make one when we spoke about it. :)

Hopefully the TIP should be on this weekend really looking forward to see what difference it will make. Also think Sam mentioned about doing the n249 on my car as well.

Haha yeah good spotting I did notice it not long ago I need to get that sorted. I think Sam and I are going to swap exhausts (he wants something a bit quieter) so I'll get it sorted then when we decide to change them over.

Readers' rides's can be useful mate, you get ideas off people and feedback on what you've done etc. :)

Nice one on the TIP and n249. I noticed with my n249 throttle response was smoother for sure.

Interested to see your exhaust swap and how that pans out. Keep the thread updated :)

LCR 225

Nick
May 1, 2010
Bristol
Yeah I got to say this forum has been really useful.

I'll post some more pictures this weekend when the TIPs on.

Cheers Tom

LCR 225

Nick
May 1, 2010
Bristol
Get that Bmc filter off, there pretty restrictive . . Other than that looking very clean :)

Thanks Mike

Yeah I know was the first thing I bought for the car. When I started reading around on here I realised it wasn't the best one to have. I will be changing it soon for a Jetex as it seems to be a popular choice.

Had a look at your RR last night cars coming together really well. Can't wait to see pics when it's all done. I love candy White great colour!

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
BEST COLOUR!!!!

Lovely stage 1 - I am booked in for the p-torque stage 1. How are you finding it?

Already been noted what could be done exhaust etc, great start ;)

LCR 225

Nick
May 1, 2010
Bristol
BEST COLOUR!!!!

Lovely stage 1 - I am booked in for the p-torque stage 1. How are you finding it?

Already been noted what could be done exhaust etc, great start ;)

Haha Silvers the way to go!

Yeah really happy with the map Will at P-torque is really good. You won't be disappointed and you will def be grinning from ear to ear all the way home!:D For the price you cant go wrong it was the best £265 I have ever spent!

Thanks

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Haha Silvers the way to go!

Yeah really happy with the map Will at P-torque is really good. You won't be disappointed and you will def be grinning from ear to ear all the way home!:D For the price you cant go wrong it was the best £265 I have ever spent!

Thanks

Just what I wanted to hear!

Cheers mate.

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
hello nick, just though i would add a few words.
your car is mint, i have seen it in the flesh and its really tidy. the wheels look really good and suit the car very much.
should be a good laugh tomorrow. i think we will refit the boost gauge so it T's off the FPR. also we will do the N249 bypass, only takes seconds to do. last but not least your new forge tip :)
as for improvements on your car it has to be a heat shield and jetex cone filter.
this forum will cost you so much money m8, before i come on here my car was staying standard, with weeks i was changing loads of stuff, but i do love it and im sure you will to.
sam

LCR 225

Nick
May 1, 2010
Bristol
Yeah thanks Tom. It went really well and had a great day. Thanks to Sam for all the help and doing most of the work. We got the Forge TIP on fairly easy once we put a bit of elbow grease into getting the standard one off! Then done the n249 bypass and sorted out the hose for the boost gauge and all went really well.
Heres a pic of the TIP fitted:
photo-5.jpg

And got a pic of our cars.(I'm rubbish at taking pics but think Sam got some better ones)
photo-6.jpg

As for the car we took it for a test drive afterwards and i instantly felt the difference. Car feels alot stronger and more response and makes some more improved louder noises :D.

We also plugged a little gizmo Sam had to see if I had any fault codes which it didn't! So that was nice to know :D

Overall I'm really happy with how the day went and with how the car feels now. Thanks again Sam top man!

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Nice one Nick :)

Good to see the Forge has gone to a good home and is doing a good job already. I definitely noticed better response and mid to top end pull increase with the Forge fitted over oem.

The car is coming along nicely!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members