Lower Glove box

R22 JGB

SEAT Leon FR184 DSG
Aug 29, 2010
Gateshead
Here's another bit of kit I've added.
Part No,6J2 863 667 Cover with shelf £12.55 £15.06 inc VAT, you will also need,
4 – N 906 986 06 Hexagon Socket head panel bolt 0.12 £0.14inc VAT (each)
4 - N 906 988 03 Speed nut 0.18 £0.21inc VAT (each)

The box

The box open

Speednut locations

and the other two apologies about this one being blurred

It is easier to insert the screws if you detach the legs to allow the try to open fully,

The finished article

This is the ideal place to hold the owners handbook & service schedule, it saves it getting bent in the slot in the main glove box. Why could SEAT not have made the slot the correct size in the first place?

Last edited:

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
WOW mate, you are not taking any prisoners with storage are you?! That is really impressive tbh.

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Think I'll order one at some point, seems a reasonable price. Makes me wonder why it wasn't included as standard as the normal glove box is too small really. Do some markets get this extra one included?

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
having had a look under there, it looks VERY unfinished even for SEAT, think these should be fittied as standard! :)

Its not the only bit of cost cutting. The non damped grab handles, non-remote spare key and manual fuel cap spring to mind...

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Hmmm I wouldn't call the all of the above cost cutting. My mk3 didn't have dampened grab handles or two remote keys either. What I do consider cost cutting is the lack of grab handles.in the rear, the lack of a second reversing light and only one number plate light on the non cupra models. Also they never moved the central locking led to the drivers side door nor the bonnet release.

Trotski

Feb 5, 2011
Darkest Shropshire
Hmmm I wouldn't call the all of the above cost cutting. My mk3 didn't have dampened grab handles or two remote keys either. What I do consider cost cutting is the lack of grab handles.in the rear, the lack of a second reversing light and only one number plate light on the non cupra models. Also they never moved the central locking led to the drivers side door nor the bonnet release.

agree with the MkIII bits, but with mine I've the rear handles, two reversing lights and I think two number plate lights I'd go and check but it's dark and I'm comfy :happy:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.