Removed features

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
Due to pick up my leon sc fr car at the end of November. [ Ordered august ] but I have seen a couple of posts about some features that have been removed. When I ordered mine it said it had the passenger tilting mirror for reversing. But in the newest brochure it has been took off. So should I still get that feature or not ?

Also read about the phone contacts and think I saw
Something about head light washers ? But is there any other features that have been removed from the list now ?

Thanks liam

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
The tilting mirror kerb function was removed around build week 20 as they did not work 100%, its not in the brochure but has reappeared in the October price list (under the FR specs), not sure if this is an error or it has been reinstated and after which build week.

The headlight washers have definitely been removed from the tech pack/LED headlights (now only part of the winter pack).

car-help-uk

Returning old timer
Oct 10, 2013
Berks, uk
My car is due in the next couple of weeks and im gutted about the dipping mirror (great feature I retrofitted it on my golf 6) I wonder if the door controllers are still able to do it with a software update or if the mirror memory unit and controllers have been down graded?

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
On collection of 1.2TSi with folding door mirrors, manufactured 16/9/13 (not sure what week that is) the tilt does not work. I asked service if they could upgrade the s/w . They are calling back and I will post when info recvd.

car-help-uk

Returning old timer
Oct 10, 2013
Berks, uk
On collection of 1.2TSi with folding door mirrors, manufactured 16/9/13 (not sure what week that is) the tilt does not work. I asked service if they could upgrade the s/w . They are calling back and I will post when info recvd.

That would be really good to know as it would show the hardware is able to be activated:1st:

kugaman1

Mar 6, 2013
Aberdeenshire
The tilt aint great.
Ive got it on mine but it never seems to go back to the right place when not tilting, so ive stopped using it.

car-help-uk

Returning old timer
Oct 10, 2013
Berks, uk
The tilting mirror kerb function was removed around build week 20 as they did not work 100%, its not in the brochure but has reappeared in the October price list (under the FR specs), not sure if this is an error or it has been reinstated and after which build week.

The headlight washers have definitely been removed from the tech pack/LED headlights (now only part of the winter pack).
I have looked and can't find anything about dipping mirrors anywhere?:shrug:

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
ahh right would be cool if they have sorted out the mirror problem and they are putting it back on for the time i get mine :D if not its not a big deal a suppose :) whould be good tho to keep a track of what they do keep taking off tho

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
So our concerns have now reached Autoexpress. Page 25 of this week's edition (9th October no.1289) has a piece about the missing reverse kerb function on the mirrors. Brian Pink from Hampshire complained to his dealer about the missing features a described in the brochure and manual on his SEAT Leon FR. Motor Codes complaints team leader Holly McAllister said that brochures are correct at the time of printing and there are trends and conditions which allow for changes in specifications. Manuals are not advertisements and so "cars do not have to get every piece of kit listed in them".

I guess we can only hope that with enough pressure SEAT will offer a software update at some time in the future

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
That's interesting although I am sure being VAGCOM? would void the warranty. A quick call to SEAT UK CS elicits the answer tha there is currently no software upgrade for this feature. The answer was given very quickly and so I guess that he had been asked this Q many times.
Let's keep pressing especially with senior members having good contacts at high level in SEAT UK. Probably the big cheeses don't even know what a reverse tilt kerb function is from the back of their limos.

Shiners

Jun 29, 2013
Scotland
Tried enabling this feature on my July built FR184. The door electrics module codes okay but the central electrics module does'nt want to know - throws up an error message. I guess SEAT UK are correct.