lower while reversing menu remove ?

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
lower while reversing menu remove ?

how can i code this out it never worked properly as no memory seats, i have checked all coding and and turned it off but still shows on the screen.

Attachments

• 20240314_152853.jpg
    20240314_152853.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 35

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
pure guess but pre facelift cars the instructions show for control unit 09

Adaptation
6 - Access control 2
7 - Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung - (Change value to Activated) so i would guess you change this to off

on facelift cars

5 - Adaptation
6 - Spiegelverstellung
7 - Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung - (Change value to On) again I am guessing this removes the menu item.

I would also do a full power reset (I think you hold the off button for a couple minutes) to pick up the changes if it dont work straight away.

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london

Adaptation
6 - Access control 2
7 - Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung - (Change value to Activated) so i would guess you change this to off

on facelift cars

5 - Adaptation
6 - Spiegelverstellung
7 - Menuesteuerung Spiegelabsenkung - (Change value to On) again I am guessing this removes the menu item.

I would also do a full power reset (I think you hold the off button for a couple minutes) to pick up the changes if it dont work straight away.
cheers in vcds ? which module ?

well i am a hybrid :D

prefacelift car

facelift mib2

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
cheers in vcds ? well i am a hybrid :D

prefacelift car

facelift mib2
just have a look at the BCM and see what it shows you under control unit 09 its either access control 2 or Spiegelverstellung either way the menu item is the same name.

Reactions: leonlad

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london

Adaptation
6 - Access control 2

on facelift cars

5 - Adaptation
6 - Spiegelverstellung

that worked cheers

Tell

Staff member
There is a bit of extra code in the long string for memory seats:

In this bit of text:

》》
Coding. Get the bit codes into byte 04. To get "long coding" entry method hit top right slider 0-1 to 1 for coding input screen. Byte 04, toggle on bits 2 & 3. Save, check mark. Green tick. Note that for memory seats enable bit 1 if you don't have memory seats don't enable it.
《《

In here:

That's with Obdeleven coding so just find the long string and twiddle with it. I converted VCDS to Obdeleven for that... mind I got top view it was really for training and Atecas were never fitted with the proper motors so mirror dip drifts with repeated use.

Sounds like you had it coded for memory seats, that pesky bit probably.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
I have a 2014 motor and no memory seats but have a read of this post by Don (the god DV52) you need to have memory module for this to work

Tell

Staff member
I have a 2014 motor and no memory seats but have a read of this post by Don (the god DV52) you need to have memory module for this to work

Yes I Christened it the Don test and tell everybody on here who does it when they shouldn't 🤣. Basically they come from Leon 3s to Ateca, want it and it won't do it.

But that memory bit for memory seats may be why the dip wasn't working. Something different. The driver door has the memory seat coding in the long string that changes for mirror dip. Just how it works out.

There isn't universal coding for mirror dip it varies in that bit. So the likes of one click apps get stuck if they don't take that into account or publish mods don't or swap them using the wrong version etc. I suspect Leonlad may have the memory seat version of the mod, when they need that bit changed. VCDS you might have to do some fancy hex stuff to work what I said into VCDS terms. Obdeleven Pro you move along that string and toggle the right bit. You'll find it in VCDS mods... Like this:

Screenshot_20240314-233040.png

The other coding suppress the mirror dip menu but if the wrong coding is in the car it might just need correcting @leonlad leonlad

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
Yes I Christened it the Don test and tell everybody on here who does it when they shouldn't 🤣. Basically they come from Leon 3s to Ateca, want it and it won't do it.

But that memory bit for memory seats may be why the dip wasn't working. Something different. The driver door has the memory seat coding in the long string that changes for mirror dip. Just how it works out.

There isn't universal coding for mirror dip it varies in that bit. So the likes of one click apps get stuck if they don't take that into account or publish mods don't or swap them using the wrong version etc. I suspect Leonlad may have the memory seat version of the mod, when they need that bit changed. VCDS you might have to do some fancy hex stuff to work what I said into VCDS terms. Obdeleven Pro you move along that string and toggle the right bit. You'll find it in VCDS mods... Like this:

View attachment 41270

The other coding suppress the mirror dip menu but if the wrong coding is in the car it might just need correcting @leonlad leonlad
Cheers i am pretty sure i tried all this in the past apart from that memory checking part. Think i will try it another day the mib upgrade took more time than it should already :ROFLMAO:

Tell

Staff member
Cheers i am pretty sure i tried all this in the past apart from that memory checking part. Think i will try it another day the mib upgrade took more time than it should already :ROFLMAO:
Whilst looking at it you can check whether it's got the correct positioner by doing the Don test

The wrong motor means it drifts doesn't mean it doesn't work. Reckon Leon 3s all have motors capable of doing that, later it was some Seats they fitted different ones one.

It's the live data side of Obdeleven tells you that from the positioning feed back which you read off. Pass on how you do that with other coding devices. No feedback if it's got a motor in it that doesn't support mirror dip. Like a servo that repositions the mirror accurately.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.