Led fogs

bladerider666

Apr 11, 2015
Northamptonshire
Hi guys, after switching on cornering lights on through vcds I'm kinda disappointed with the difference in colour of the fogs as opposed to my led headlights. I'm looking for as close to the same colour as possible, anyone know the kelvin rating and or suggestions on replacement leds to look better.

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I have thoses exact bulbs to fit (Cosmos Blue). The manual says FR models can be done from the inner arches (SE models from the front). But I've read on here that the washer bottle side is very hard and you need small hands!

Last edited:

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
Quote from Post No.10 here

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=394462

From the manual, remove two screws in each fog surround to remove the surround, then three mounting screws at front of each fog at the front.

For the FR, you also need to unclip the front arch liners to get behind the fogs.
No need for bumper off, just turn the wheel as far as you can to gain better access to the arch liner :)

Last edited:

niggle

Rollin' on 17s, baby!
Jan 28, 2014
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
I recently fitted some M-Tec cosmos blue fog light bulbs in our FR. They are a pretty good match for the LED headlamps colour-wise but the light output is poor. Diamond white will look yellow next to the LEDs.

The bumper does not need to be removed, but the wheel arch liners do need to be unfastened. I removed the front wheels and completely removed the N/S wheel arch liner as it is a tight squeeze behind the washer bottle.

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
I've got LEDs in mine. I had the car in for some repair work after a car park incident so I got the body shop to fit them. I'll try and find a link to the place I got them from and let you know. Although they look nice and bright and match the headlights, they seem to be bugger all use for lighting up corners!
I'm not sure if it's down to the reflector throwing the light forward or it's because the individual LEDs are in the wrong place compared with a normal halogens.
One other thing, if you have the winter pack then the washer bottle is larger than standard and really does stop you getting at the near side fog. It's just madness that you can't get at them from the front like on the SE. What were Seat thinking when they decided on that little gem?!!

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
From what I've read on here over the various threads I'm opting for the cosmos blue mtecs purely for the colour match

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
It would be interesting to see if they give a better light pattern or whether it is down to the reflector being more 'fog' than 'cornering'!
Do you have headlight washers? If not you may (?) be able to change them without removing the bumper....
The LEDs are a perfect colour match, and should last for ages.... (Hopefully!)

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

nc30rider

Feb 8, 2009
Where ever the wife tells me
Has anybody tried this type of LED bulb in the fogs?

The reason I ask is because I believe it is possible to have the fogs come on with the main beam (VCDS) and these would "project" further than normal fogs.

wcgvwz1426149238654.jpg

MyLeon

Jun 3, 2015
The fogs are H8 types (those are H1?). The LED pattern is similar to the ones I have fitted.
I may get them to come on with main beam at some stage...

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

kevster184

Mar 14, 2015
I'm not sure if it's down to the reflector throwing the light forward or it's because the individual LEDs are in the wrong place compared with a normal halogens.
One other thing, if you have the winter pack then the washer bottle is larger than standard and really does stop you getting at the near side fog. It's just madness that you can't get at them from the front like on the SE. What were Seat thinking when they decided on that little gem?!!

2015 Leon ST FR 184 DSG

Oh great I have the winter pack!!!

So might have some bulbs for sale. What a stupid idea!!!

Leds suffer unless they have led suitable projectors. Granted there are various led types. ref reflectors, look around each led lamp in the headlight. The fogs have reflectors for halogen which throw the light out the bulb differently.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.