TDi 110 Help Down on power!!

dlloyduk

Sep 27, 2003
Sunderland
Visit site
My 110 TDi SEAT Leon Has developed a problem over the last week.
Hardly any power pulls slowly up to about 2100rpm then pulls quite well to about 2900rpm then really struggles to rev much more. it will gradually build up speed but really slow??? In 5th up a road where it will normally pull a ton in fifth no problem it is struggling to reach 65mph.
I have changed air/fuel filters just incase with no difference. The turbo has boost. Any Ideas pointers????
Oh and a Nissan Micra just left me for dead up a hill!!! Desperate....

Wassy

Eat my soot!
May 20, 2004
Coagh, N.Ireland
yep maf! the unplug is a sure way of telling, new maf and it'll be like a new car again, had one go in a golf i had then replaced it and made such a difference.

dlloyduk

Sep 27, 2003
Sunderland
Visit site
MAF Replaced

Just Incase you are intersted I am back to Normal.
Fitted a Mercedes MAF @£57 outright. Cheapest I could find VW£88 exchange,SEAT £79 exchange,Eurocarparts £69 exchange.
The parts Guy most helpfull :clap: and said he has sold loads of them all to VW owners but could not recall selling one to a Merc owner-does this make them more reliable or to Merc people not get there hands dirty? :thumbup:

dlloyduk

Sep 27, 2003
Sunderland
Visit site
What problems with Merc MAF

sssstew, What problems have you heard with tuned engines and Merc Maf?
I re-fitted my tuning box a few hours after testing the new MAF and its seems OK up to now. It does feel as if the Merc MAF has smoothed out the power delivery or maybe I have the t/box setup a little better, It,s also a lot less smokey now.

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
Paulo, there's a guy in here [don't wanna say his name because he may want to expose his experiment by himself] who played with a maf and a evry mod together and he says the smoke is almost zero,,, I thought that tricking the maf would lead only to even more fuel and so more smoke. Could you confirm this?

mojogoes

Prc...but does'nt the fuel map/map sensor have the last say having a requested map/load then receiving above this will send it into limp ,where as tricking the map sensor means the the ecu thinks its got the requested boost pressure but really it has'nt .
Like for instance putting bigger nozzles on will trick the system/ecu because theres no way it can detect them like the ivry mod , but like i and others have said before unless more boost can be implamented its going to be very smokey and could be said that the working state of the car is like being in open loop and at some point the timing will not be where it should be.

prc

Sooty Meister
Yep
there are a few maps that have a sort of higher priority, so even if you request 6.0bar boost pressure in boost tables it gets cut by other maps (or the max boost pressure point in code. ;) ).
I have to check some of maps I have to check...not an expert you know. :redface:

mojogoes

Like someone else has stated b4 if actual is way under requested this can send it into limp mode too , if you look at most of the maps as lines of writing on the top line is where the top performance is e.g w.o.t ,throttle position, load, timing, ex,ex , and on the second line a lesser performance map and so on , this is why when/if big if you let the wife drive the car at her stonking pase not and we clime back in there's not urgancy at before.