Rochford Tyres

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Right!

Can I suggest that anyone thinking of dealing with this online 'supplier 'of wheels/tyres goes and has a lie down or has a serious word with themselves. Here's my experience....

I'm an easy going, trusting person.

The tyres on the Silver Machine are ..... black.... round...... and probably past the time in their life when they should be holding a car off the ground.... so obviously it needs new ones - and obviously (look at the pics) it needs suitable large round metal bits to go in the middle.
P1010031.jpg

So after much deliberation, I settled on a set of 18" Rims from Rochford Tyres and I wanted them shod in 225/40/18 Toyo Proxes T1-R rubber.

This is over three weeks ago.

Continued......................

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
So before I placed my order and knowing T!-Rs were scarce, I phoned them up and spoke to Dave - who I subsequently discovered is the 'manager' of this outfit. I asked him if he had T!-Rs in stock and he told me that, if he didn't, he would source them quickly.

Happy with that reassurance, I went on and placed my order on their website. Unsecure taking of credit card details, BTW :-o

This is three weeks ago, Thu 7 April.

The following Wednesday (I told you I was patient) I had a look on their online tracking and was suprised to see that nothing had happened. So I phoned them again - and spoke to Mike. After some umming and erring, he expressed concern over the fact they hadn't done anything and then said - "oh, we haven't got the tyres." I said Dave said blah blah get them in.... Mike said he would have a word with Dave and phone me back.

And they didn't...
Continued........

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
So the next day, I phoned up and spoke to James- who came across at very concerned at the story so far and promised to look into it and phone me back,

To his credit, he phoned me back and said - sorry, we are going to have to wait for the next shipment of tyres to dock - none in the country. Could be a fortnight.

I asked f it was going to be any more than a fortnight and he said no - so I said ok but keep me informed....

Continued/.............

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Last Wednesday (21/04/05) I gave them a call to see if things were on target and James told me they were looking at me receiving my orderno laterthan Thu 28/04/05. I asked if this was firm and he said if they received the tyres any earlier, he promised he would have them fitted to the rims and despatched the same day.

On Monday 25/04/05, James phones me and told me the tyres had arrived. So I naturally said, "You are sending them out today?"

He replied, "No."

I reminded himofis promise, he went quiet for a moment and then he said he would go and see what he could do.

Phone goes quiet - and after several minutes he comes back and says that he can't ship them until Wednedsay for Thursday delivery.

DPJ."so that's definitely Thursday delivery?
James,"Yes".
DPJ "ok - let me know if it's going to be any different." (Don't forget my tyres are getting 500 miles a week balder!)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Wedesday this week and my mobile rings.

Michael from Rochford Tyres.....
"We haven't got the wheels you wanted" followed by feeble excuses.......

DPJ "FFFFFF!!!*********CUFFFFFF!!*************!!!!!!! "

So can you get the wheels in the next few days
No... ;)

So I asked if he would someone to phone me back to tell me what they proposed to do.

(Continued tomorrow - it gets worse!!!!!.)
BTW Rochford Tyres, if you are reading this - have a look at the Terms and Conditions below. Most of it is tongue-in-cheek but the bits about me being prepared to take legal action/ winning same are very real.

Last edited:

jedi knight

BIG AND BOUNCY
Jun 18, 2004
West Midlands
what a joke this firm is, have you spoken to your credit card company? i would seriously be thinking of canceling my order and getting a refund on my card. if you haven't got your wheels by now it looks very unlikely you will and even if you do it seems like there is bound to be more problems with a mickey mouse company like this.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
jedi knight said:
what a joke this firm is, have you spoken to your credit card company? i would seriously be thinking of canceling my order and getting a refund on my card. if you haven't got your wheels by now it looks very unlikely you will and even if you do it seems like there is bound to be more problems with a mickey mouse company like this.

Thanks for your concern, Jedi Knight!

I was going to leave it 'til torrow (even Barbara Cartland got tired :blink: )

But seeing as you showed concern......

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Laid-back, easy going DPJ is now well cross!

I phoned them back and discovered they had only charged my card that day- moments before they discovered they no longer had the wheels.

(Please bear with me - there are a couple of points in this rant!)

In desparation, and knowing they had the tyres I wanted ( for a millisecond until they flogged them to someone else!) I phoned them to ask what rims they had in stock. I spoke to Dave - THE MANAGER????

I told Dave how unhappy I was about the whole situation. Dave claimed to habe no knowledge of events and told me that, had this been HIS order, I would have had my rims and tyres by now. :censored:

He went on to say that James was the owner's son and that he had to (my words) put upwith his behaviour. :-o

So, he said if I would like to have another look through their website and email him - he would be picking up anything that came through the website that night.

Muggins DPJ - I did send several emails - and **** all response I got that Wednesday night this week.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Yesterday morning I phoned Rochfod Tyres.

(No response received from Dave the manager)

I asked if they could supply the rims I wanted next week and alterntively if they would email me with a list of rims in stock that would fit my car for shipment same day).

James promise he would try to email me within the hour.

59 minutes later, I get an email listing 3 rims they have stock!

If anyone wants to pm me with an email address, I'll email them the sum total of the rims that (10,000 wheels in stock) Rochford Tyres have for the vast VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda 5x100 range... 3 RIMs!!!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
The 3 Rims that this major uk supplier have to fit the vast VV/Audi/Seat/Skoda range are:
418.jpg

611.jpg

467.jpg

:-o Now call me sad but from these three the Oxigin Predators (the middle one) started to look ok against the other two :blink:

So I phoned James up and asked if he could discount the Oxigin Predators. He knocked £100 off the total package (inc Toyo T1-Rs)

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Mike_IbizaCupra said:
Blimey mate..sounds like alot of hassle.....so did u go for the predators then???

I actually looked hard at the Oxigin website that carries some good pics of Seats wearing their wheels - and I was so pi$$ed off that I thought - I might as well have them.

So I phoned Rochford Tyres (2.30pm Thu) - got James ...

Apparently James is the owner's son - so Dave Brent can't sack him

I said," Can you deliver these to me today?"

James "No"

DPJ, "Why not?"

James - " Van's full"

DPJ - I want you to credit my card NOW. Cancel my order.

More................

Last edited:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
There should be a safety device here to stop you posting when you've had a few :redface:

I made james promise he would email me confirmation my card had been credited - and he did so.

So yesterday morning my phone rings and it's Michael from Rochford Tyres....
"I wondered if you'd chosen an alternative rim for your order?"

DPJ, "**!!FFF^^^^D "
....."speak to James, I cancelled the order yesterday!

Michael, "We'll have to arrange for your card to be Credited then".

DPJ - "you mean my card hasn't been credited yet?"

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

jedi knight

BIG AND BOUNCY
Jun 18, 2004
West Midlands
if this wasn't so serious i would be laughing my socks off :roflmao:

Does no one speak to each other at that company :confused: or are they all the same person but just putting on a different voice :blink:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.