Eibach Pro kit here!! woohoooo

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Just thought i would share my excitement at having picked up my latest (soon to be added) Mod for my Tolly. :funk: :funk: :drool: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

SUSPENSION006.jpg

SUSPENSION002.jpg

Hope to be fitted at the weekend......my boyf is fitting it for me, have the equipment needed....just hope it all goes according to plan!!!!!!!!!!!! fingers crossed!
I WILL BE GOING OUT!!!!!!! just in case of......... :censored: [:@] :censored: [:@] :wtf: [:@] :censored:

oh she is gonna look hot when finished!!!!! will post some piccies........ [B)]
Thanks to the guys at AwesomeGTI.....
very informative............... :D

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Sam20v said:
Just thought i would share my excitement at having picked up my latest (soon to be added) Mod for my Tolly. :funk: :funk: :drool: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

SUSPENSION006.jpg

SUSPENSION002.jpg

Hope to be fitted at the weekend......my boyf is fitting it for me, have the equipment needed....just hope it all goes according to plan!!!!!!!!!!!! fingers crossed!
I WILL BE GOING OUT!!!!!!! just in case of......... :censored: [:@] :censored: [:@] :wtf: [:@] :censored:

oh she is gonna look hot when finished!!!!! will post some piccies........ [B)]
Thanks to the guys at AwesomeGTI.....
very informative............... :D

Sam, I take it you bought all this kit from Awesome yeah? How much was it if you don't mind me asking? I haven't seen this kit on their site, just the springs.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Cant acually find the invoice, will post when my other half gets in...i am sure he has FILED it somewhere safe :lol:

the kit can be found on the website.....dont do a "by car"" search, just go straight to the "eibach springs" logo under the featured suppliers on the home page and it lists the Eibach pro springs and pro dampers.

http://www.awesomegti.com/ :)

Just contacted them to get them in for a Tolly and away you go....the site says up to 40mm lowering with this kit...

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Right.........cost is 470 +VAT or 552 quid.........for this kit.....HOWEVER!!!!!

those peeps with a beedy eye will notice that the SPRINGS in those piccies are not for a MKII tolly.........yes thats right, but it is all in hand!!!!!! (the dampers are correct)...
Only a slight mistake, but Awesome have been excellent and are currently sorting it........i cant recommend them enough...

PS i am not on commission!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
My boyf had two boras in the past,
a 115 TDIpd and a 150TDIpd....

on the 115 he just put the springs on it.......we got rid of it before the dampers were damaged by this act...but it handled a lot better than standard...

on the 150 he had both the springs and the dampers (eibach) and it handled like it was on rails......awesome car.....he had the OZ superleggeras (225/45/17) and i cant begin to tell you haw excellent it handled.........

thats why i cant wait to put them on mine......
so you could just get the springs if you wanted the cheaper option, but long term, i would consider changing them too!!! :D
115TDIpd
VWBoraandAvroVulcan.jpg

150TDIpd (tell cos the brakes are bigger!)
Bora01.jpg

Last edited:

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
ive bought a set of springs only fron ebay in Germany for the equivalent of £85 delivered, but i havent got round to fitting them.
i suppose the four wheels will have to be aligned, or do you think i will get away.
the car drives straight any way at the moment

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
just been discussing this....

because you are essentially dismantling the suspension it is advisable that you go and have your tracking re alligned.....or at the very least checked...
you may not notice a difference in handling but you may get abnormal wear on your tyres or stress on the tyres if not alligned properly.....

we didnt notice any probs (floaty or bumpy) by just changing the springs.....how low are you going?
85 is a good deal...are they eibach? A-GTI charge 150 quid for the springs
ps have you got any piccies of the Angel eyes? and do you have a link to robdons fitting instructions?

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
kawasaki-ninja said:

where did you get the actual angel eye light units? and were they for RHD?
i read the thread.....is awesome.....you said it was pricey, if you dont mind me asking how much did the conversion cost?

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Right suspension done! sorry no pics at the mo...was a little too dark....looks the muts and handles like a DREAM!!!!

I am told the job wasnt too bad....just the odd hicup, however the king of Frig was able to construct tools to make the job work............(i have photos to prove!) :D

was a bit worried when first dropped the jacks as it didnt look much lower, but the dampers we took off were WELL shot!!!!! took it for a run and it seems to have settled down..... :funk:

Will sort some piccies when it aint raining and i have given it a clean! :)

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
Sam20v said:
Right suspension done! sorry no pics at the mo...was a little too dark....looks the muts and handles like a DREAM!!!!

I am told the job wasnt too bad....just the odd hicup, however the king of Frig was able to construct tools to make the job work............(i have photos to prove!) :D

was a bit worried when first dropped the jacks as it didnt look much lower, but the dampers we took off were WELL shot!!!!! took it for a run and it seems to have settled down..... :funk:

Will sort some piccies when it aint raining and i have given it a clean! :)

pics please..............,,
i ll mail you pics of my srings as im yet to fit them.
mabe illl fit them this week or the week after :bleh:

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Looking forward to seeing pics Sam, glad your happy.

I was happy about my lowering to begin with, but now they seem to have really settled, its not as comfortable and even the slightest of speedbumps hits the sump cover, there are misc scape marks on the underside of the car.

I kept my original springs and shocks, I think I'm going to have them re-fitted one of my friends is willing to take the FK kit and fire it onto his Leon.

No final decision yet, but I'm getting pissed (I do 600miles a week)

Triple D

[
VWBoraandAvroVulcan.jpg

150TDIpd (tell cos the brakes are bigger!)

that pic looks familiar, isn't that at the coventry air museum?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members