£750 to spend on my car, what should I do...?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I'd brace and ARB the car with some quality kit. Having power is one thing, being able to plant it on real British roads (as opposed to drag strips) is something else.

The Vauxhall Astra VXR is faster than most hot hatches yet because it cant effectively put its power down it is spinning its power away. Get the car planted and it will fly in real world conditions.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
I'd brace and ARB the car with some quality kit. Having power is one thing, being able to plant it on real British roads (as opposed to drag strips) is something else.

The Vauxhall Astra VXR is faster than most hot hatches yet because it cant effectively put its power down it is spinning its power away. Get the car planted and it will fly in real world conditions.

is this not as discussed?

the diff may have to wait now, shes got bag on, anyways with all the other kit it should be okay anyways?

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire

agreed ;)

is this not as discussed?

the diff may have to wait now, shes got bag on, anyways with all the other kit it should be okay anyways?

do lsd's really make that much difference on a leon?
IIRC, rashcupra was less than impressed with this mod on his MK.4 ibiza:(

as caveo asked, "she's got bag on" ??

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
"bag on"= face on, mardy, arse on, miserable cow, etc, etc......

okay okay, diff can wait,

now a new can o worms

What about brakes!!!!!!!

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
ooooh, stage 5 ecs = jizzy panties.....

unfortunatly not wallet friendly, seen a discussion on the r32 setup, anyone got pics/quality of this, are these likely to be in scrappies?

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
the budget option looks a good deal, shame the exchange rate is crap at the mo

on the ibiza mk.4 a cheap upgrade is to use the standard 312mm setup off an Audi TT, is there no similar for the leon?

caveo

Not much chance of finding R32 brakes in scrappys , have you been to motors in motion in worksop??
It does vag parts off the shelf , i was like a kid in a toy shop

caveo

312mm is what he's got so bigger would be the R brembos ( or brembo GT kit like mine )

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
what i meant to say; is there another car from VAG with bigger brakes as standard that will fit on a leon?

looking at his the previous post, i'm guessing its an R32 :whistle:

T. Spark

do lsd's really make that much difference on a leon?
IIRC, rashcupra was less than impressed with this mod on his MK.4 ibiza:(

Thats a strange one, as mine means a diesel ibiza with a mere 226bhp got a 13.83 down the 1/4 time, nevermind its designed for corners! As far as I cant tell if you have a LSD, you cant go back to a car with similar performance without it... otherwise you die. Painfully.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members