£750 to spend on my car, what should I do...?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Definately a difference, not 100% sure of the price of the Audi ones. INA are doing there own ones and I'm sort of waiting for these to be done to see what the price is like

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Aye, they need to be kept in the freezer for about 24 hours to contract them enough to allow these to be fitted by hand.
The old ones will need cut and punched out
Get new OEM bolts to be sure aswell

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
mmmh okay, so if i went for the full front powerflex bush kit?

that would make a decent difference, not after a bone cruncher though, obviously its good to uprate and renew your bushes etc anyway......

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
rite, after some delibaration im going for......

1. stage 2 map- p-torque
2. whiteline arb
3. front upper strut brace
4. front lower strut brace
5. ipa density engine mount and dbm
6. forge 007p

anything else you guys can think of, running out of ideas now........
Forge DV should be top tbh otherwise it wont hold boost as well.

caveo

When you get the 007p put it on "backwards" as it reacts quicker and also sounds better .

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
okay, backwards it is.. how do you do that-guide? i love being of sick, get payed and spends loads of dosh.....

anyone selling a 007p? hinty hinty..

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
mmmh okay, so if i went for the full front powerflex bush kit?

that would make a decent difference, not after a bone cruncher though, obviously its good to uprate and renew your bushes etc anyway......
It's up to you bud

I'm not liking poly bushes. There are very similar results to be had with stiffer rubber and more complient with vibrations etc.

I wouldn't advise to g tis rute but its been done many times before and people are happy with it

turbin

When you get the 007p put it on "backwards" as it reacts quicker and also sounds better .

I dont understand why you would do that.... its designed that way for a reason, so why would it be better to fit it the wrong way around?:shrug:

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
right guys having a few thought and opinions welcome...

i have roughly £750 to spend on my baby

what i already have is

1. full koni street shocks and springs
2 18 inch inovit cts
3, green induction kit
4. milltek dp and sports cat
5. p-torque stage 1 generic map.
6. liquid tt lcd screen system race diagnostics
7. samco tip

im after the following for handling and, power upgrades whaddya think, anything else you guys think id be better spending my(the wifes) cash on?

1. p-torque custom map £325
2. rear arb 22mm whiteline.
3. front s3 brace
4. lower s3 brace
5. ina engine mounts (worth it??????)

anything else and opinions welcome

cheers:funk:

so hes at 220 now and he dont have a high flow mani or fmic , so i would say 235 bhp tops with 300 rmp better spool ???

rite, after some delibaration im going for......

1. stage 2 map- p-torque
2. whiteline arb
3. front upper strut brace
4. front lower strut brace
5. ipa density engine mount and dbm
6. forge 007p

anything else you guys can think of, running out of ideas now........

why aren't you considering the milltek catback or fmic (or both) before a stage 2 map:confused:
if you fit these after a stage 2 map, to get the full gains you'll need to have it re-mapped again, stage 2.1 (another £200+)

imo, at present i'd get arb's, strutbraces, engine mounts, as these handling mods will be noticable improvements!!!!!!
save up and add to whats left over from your current £750 for the next round of mods to include cat-back + fmic + 007p + stage 2 = a very noticable 25 / 30+ bhp & 40+ ft/lbs [B)]

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You won't need to remap after the FMIC is fitted, this will make no difference to the map. All this will do is give you cooler air to the engine which the MAF, map and exhaust sensors will sort out the fueling.

caveo

I dont understand why you would do that.... its designed that way for a reason, so why would it be better to fit it the wrong way around?:shrug:

Had a guy who worked at Forge come to a meet and said test after test it worked slightly better the other way around . I also found this strange but tryeed it anyway and he,s right and i also posted in the Forge section and they also agree'd.
It also sound awsome that way.

turbin

Had a guy who worked at Forge come to a meet and said test after test it worked slightly better the other way around . I also found this strange but tryeed it anyway and he,s right and i also posted in the Forge section and they also agree'd.
It also sound awsome that way.

So the wrong way around is fitting it "standing up" ? Piston movement vertical ?

gotta give it a try then I guess... if Forge can endorse it then its not harmful. I think.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
why aren't you considering the milltek catback or fmic (or both) before a stage 2 map:confused:
if you fit these after a stage 2 map, to get the full gains you'll need to have it re-mapped again, stage 2.1 (another £200+)

imo, at present i'd get arb's, strutbraces, engine mounts, as these handling mods will be noticable improvements!!!!!!
save up and add to whats left over from your current £750 for the next round of mods to include cat-back + fmic + 007p + stage 2 = a very noticable 25 / 30+ bhp & 40+ ft/lbs [B)]

fmic will make little or no difference to a stock remapped ko3s, big turbo yes....
i have replaced the most restrictive part of the exhaust system in the dp and cat, the cat back isnt much of a bottle neck and another 325 for a louder exhaust isnt what im after..

007p is a must now to control the higher boost levels of stage 2 etc, 25/30 bhp would take me to 250 on a ko3s..... dont think so mate do you...

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
I know of two guys with KO3s turbo'd cars both with reliable 250 BHP outputs.
Both doing 13.7 ish 1/4 mile times

is that a dyno lottery 250 bhp outputs.....

anyways not interested at all in big balls figures so to speak, fmic isnt in my plans at all and been reliably informed that cat back is ok oem....

so now im excited cos i think i may be able to blag a lsd from the missus, maybe, maybe...

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
One is suped up to the max and stripped out, soon to beat his 13.7 time;)

The other was a toledo with exhaust, induction kit and a tow bar No FMIC

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.