0 - 60 times, please add yours

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
There has been talk recently about 0-60 times on a remapped LCR.
Being front wheel drive, and not having proper set up to measure the start and the stop, its going to wildly vary in the results, and is a very inaccurate way to measure the performance of the car (we all agree this part)

However, this questions keeps coming up, so this thread is dedicated to your findings, and not to the discussion about it being a poor way to measure performance.....coz we all know its a bad way to measure this dont we :D

I was out with my mate on the weekend in a local airfield, and we did three runs, first gear was a mare, put about 6 months work of tread on the road!!
Here are the results.

1st run
5.7 secs

2nd run
5.9 secs

3rd run
5.3 secs

Please post your results like this

-----------
Car: LCR
Mods: Stage 1 Revo, Forge 007, 99 ron fuel
Time: 5.3 secs
Gears: 1st and 2nd
-----------

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Nope you cant, needs a change into 3rd. Maxxes out at about 58-59 TRUE mph in 2nd.

Probably hence the reason why you've logged a 5.3sec 0-60 run lol.

Not a chance, high 5's at very best!

Stopwatch tends to start late also as reaction time between you thinking your moving, your brain telling you to push button on watch and then you actually doing it, your probably already 0.5secs into the run.

You'll only get high 5's on quality tarmac also!

Last edited:

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
Ok cheers, not bothered about 1mph
I've noticed the speedo is out on higher speeds with tomtom but not tried it at 60.
also, it didn't help my mate had drunk a few beers before :)

anyway, this thread was started to shut up the 0-60 people as its so inaccurate

so keep em coming

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
mk1 REVO stage 1.5 octy does 65 in second,could it possibly quicker to 60 than a mapped LCR,circa 230 bhp/257lbs ft torque.
it certainly feels quick of the mark,and i can get it away with minimal wheel spin.
i've never actually looked at its standing 0-60 or 1/4 mile.

str8ballin

Feb 27, 2007
Nope you cant, needs a change into 3rd. Maxxes out at about 58-59 TRUE mph in 2nd.

Probably hence the reason why you've logged a 5.3sec 0-60 run lol.

Not a chance, high 5's at very best!

Stopwatch tends to start late also as reaction time between you thinking your moving, your brain telling you to push button on watch and then you actually doing it, your probably already 0.5secs into the run.

You'll only get high 5's on quality tarmac also!

Hi is it because you lot have the 6speed gearbox you cant reach 60 in 2nd?

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
5 speeder jase? mine does 0-60 in about 15 seconds, well when zoe drives it it does, im thinking of shares in the rubber market.
I can manage it usually around the 6.(and a bit)-7 sec mark, never timed it but easily on pace with a boxster etc when away with minimal wheelspin.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
5 speed box yer.

Still enjoying office life as much as last time we emailed matey? (ive lost 2 pounds this week from actually eating breakfast and cutting out the shat that I used to eat when out on the road)
how is the octavia for 80mph cruising on the mway, revs must be over 3k yea?

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
I'll give it a go and shift into 3rd.
so people are talking about top fives, early six's

would be interesting to see others timed results on this?

Bizz

Feeling the extra power
Apr 4, 2006
Darlington/Norwich
Dont ever rely on Tom Tom or any off the shelf GPS (road angel or snooper for instance) system to give you an accurate reading of your speed, as they are so dependant on the signal they recieve and also they are only accurate over a 3m or 4m radius. This means its a bit reactive in its speed readings as its got to work out when you enter and leave the measurable area.

I found this out when i got pulled in scotland for doing 76mph in a 70mph. Funnily enough the speedo in the car was saying just about 75 but i was going off the Tom Tom. Luckily the very kind copper just said use the speedo in the car.

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
see for yourself...from this i time it at about 7...from when the car actually starts moving, not from the begining of the clip.. that was with a lil bit of wheelspin, on cold tyres...

car is a standard petrol FR

m.r.davies

God's Property
Jun 13, 2006
Cardiff
i've just had a go on the 2nd gear hitting 60, and mine does it,
it starts bouncing off the limiter at around 65

have you guys who disagree tried it yourself?
is my car special?

BCM

Keyboard Gangster
Feb 1, 2005
Wishaw, North Lanarkshire
My thoughts exactly, tbh you cant really do 0-60 times with a speedo and a stopwatch/camera - speedo is out for a start and it all comes down to human error too, poss meet/event with some proving tests? anyone know any guys that do this?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.