05 . lcr. 120 degrees dont worrie its fine !!!!!

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
Big problem well not according to SEAT ALEXANDRIA PARADE [:@]GLASGOW.:censored:

Well hears my stroy car has just had its water pump done belt and tensioner because i was getting high temp readings there for it was changed.:D

Only for it to happen agian. So back to UNCLE ARNOLD it went on tuesday at 9am
then got it back wendnesday at 4pm with the all clear pays for the investagion charge gets some talk about why they charged me then i go .Leaves the car park gets
on the motor way everything seems fine look down at the gauge and its sitting at 105 degress (APPROX) still no fan cutting on by this time iam in the inside lane traffic really busy for any 1 that nos glasgow m8 at 4.15pm panic sets in gets 2 120 degrees a light in the temp gauge flashes :censored:[:@]i get off m8 next junction and turn engine off by this time on on the fone wanting answers they say bring it on tomorrow after 30 min agruement. so i leave it for 1 hour 10 min waiting for it to cool down and the traffic to die down get it home with the temp reading 110 degrees or there about.
took it there this morning shows the work shop floor gaffer what the prob is he doesnt even look like he wants to no whats going on tell the service manager and leave. just got the car back and still not fixed and they wont look at the car any more i even asked to speak to the bransh manager he said the car will run slighty higher cause all my silicone pipes and open cone filter .i said its at 120 he basicly said he doesnt care that what its ment to run and it will be ok .he also said hes spent to many hours on it look at it agian. with pressure testing and road testing...:confused:

:wtf:WHAT can i do ppl were do i go to now it has autocare warranty left on it but they are charging me investiagtion charges cause they cant find a prob. has any 1 had this prob b4 with a lcr 05 :help::help::help:

FAN ONLY CUTS IN AT AROUND 110 DEGRESS BUT THATS ONLY CAUSE I PRESS THE AIR CONBOTTON BUT WILL STAY ON UNTILL I TURN ENGINE OFF

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I don't know what they should or shouldn't run at, I just know that mine runs around 90°c and that if the temperature warning light comes on then it's too warm. I can understand them charging you for investigation when there's no apparent fault, but when a fault is clearly there and they just can't find it then I'd be on the phone to someone like Trading Standards.

Is this one of those warranties that you get from a small dealer when you buy the car second hand? I was told bad things about them so I didn't bother when I bought mine, despite it being high mileage.

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
I think i will be on the fone to some 1 but whodont really no were i stand because i have added modds and it gets done regardless the modds or not . its really peeein me off as paid gd money for a warranty . no got the car from uncle arnold ast year.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Gotcha. If they suspect that mods are at fault then you need to remove them to prove otherwise, though only if the mods could affect it. For example, new wheels would not cause fuelling problems so that wouldn't be necessary

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
trueee. but they have done work on my car before with the mods on they dont mind they get paid regardless. was just looking on ukm5s there at some post and its looking more like my thermostat is gubbed

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
The only thing not changed is the thermostat.
Mine is not holding 90 deg on my (liquid gauge) since having the new water pump and cambelt, so mine is sticking open, where has imho yours is stuck shut!

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
will do that tomoro was out looking there bit dark . so lee you say mine is stuck shut and thats why the waters isnt flowing fru my rad or .

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
i've gotta ask but are you mad? i mean Arnold Clark are well know for the worst customer service ever.

take it to W. Livingston. phone the warrenty company and see if they will pay Livingston if the fault is covered.

Again stay away from Arnold Clark

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
well thats what other ppl have been telling me get a independant inspection but ask the warranty if they will pay it . is the livi 1 any gd. yeah ano uncle arnolds the worst

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
i've not heard anything bad about them. i've only had services so far they been ok

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
i've gotta ask but are you mad? i mean Arnold Clark are well know for the worst customer service ever.

take it to W. Livingston. phone the warrenty company and see if they will pay Livingston if the fault is covered.

Again stay away from Arnold Clark

They've crashed one of my cars in the past, and I repeatedly had to return it after services as they hadn;t adjusted the valve clearances (and who knows what else they hadn;t done)

jamesypyk

Gettin faster
Jan 14, 2009
pollok glasgow
i hate any member of arnold clark driving my car just feel as if there going to knock its pan in every time. wel they do because i got my car back at 7mpg 1 time and i left it at 26mpg. but thats a story for another day. thy used quater a take of petrol about 65 miles left in 2 hours idling my ars* got it back 0 miles maybe it was thirsty.

Last edited:

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
I have recently had my waterpump done as the temp went to 120 and went down when I eased off initially. It always ran at 90 before it went and since I had it changed. Your car should deff not be running that high. I would deff get n to trading standards if ou bought the car from them and they are now refusing to help.
I seem to remember somewhere Reading that if you have to take the car back to them a certain amount of times that they would have to replace the car but I don't know if that would be the same in Scotland.

Good luck with it mate.