06 plate Ibiza FR. Aux in.

raggle

Just got an 06 plate Ibiza FR. I love it. Only gripe is no AUX input. Anyone know for sure whether the kit on the "HI-FI Links" shop on ebay works? The AUX in adapter kit?

Any replies most appreciated!!

Cheers!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
when you say no aux input, do you mean the aux connection down by the handbrake? Or in the back of the Head Unit?

raggle

There is no AUX near the handbrake, and Im lead to believe that there is no aux input on the back of the Alana CD/MP3 headunit. This device connects through the 6 CD changer input, I dont have a CD changer with the car. Hope this explains the situation.

Im not at all technical!

Cheers for your reply!

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
ok just bit wierd for an FR not to have one....but guess because u have a cd changer this would explain it, must of been an option.

Only thing i can suggest is getting another HU, which i did which will have an aux/ipod output,

pick them up cheapish nowadays

p.s. welcome

badbill_uk

Ibiza FR 1.9tdi Hybrid
Aug 23, 2007
Gloucestershire
i have a 2007 fr and i have one opposite side of handbrake to the traction control button. little flap with AUX on. i guess some do some dont ????

Mar 25, 2009
bath
i have just bought a £100 kenwood for mine from halfords mate, usb and aux, and works with iphone :)

raggle

Does the Kenwood work with the steering wheel controls pal?

raggle

No its a pre-facelift!

Noone got any information on the thing off ebay, id post a link, but Im not allowed yet!:D

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
No its a pre-facelift!

Noone got any information on the thing off ebay, id post a link, but Im not allowed yet!:D

I can't check ebay at work, but if its a thing that plugs into the changer port on the rear of the alana head unit, then it'll most likely work. I have a similar thing but with an ipod connection

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester - UNITED
Ive got one of those cd changer things and it works perfect, just press the button on the stereo that used to activate the changer and it switches over to my mp3 player.
perfect.

raggle

Thanks everyone!

i have purchased one now, cant wait!

Everything is now perfect, except for misted headlights and rear washer doesnt work, common problems i hear. I hope to get these sorted by the 30 day guarentee from where I purchased the car!

Cheers

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
This one works on my Alana head unit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GOLD-SMART-CA...Kits?hash=item56335b6a76&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

You just need to earth pin 14 so that the head unit THINKS there is a 6CD player fitted.

I did this a few months after i bought my 2004 (04) FR - took about an hour to get it all in (neatly) and I've not had any gripe from it since!

you just need to earth pin 14, as mentioned. (i earthed mine to the back of the headunit, on the small locating bolt/screw, just as an FYI)

Hope you're enjoying the FR!!

raggle

Nice one cheers, ill remember that!

Im loving it! Got some poke and it's great fun!

Once Ive got my Ipod hooked up, ill be over the moon with it!

tsmithy

I did this a few months after i bought my 2004 (04) FR - took about an hour to get it all in (neatly) and I've not had any gripe from it since!

you just need to earth pin 14, as mentioned. (i earthed mine to the back of the headunit, on the small locating bolt/screw, just as an FYI)

Hope you're enjoying the FR!!
Hey guys, just bought an ibiza and saw this thread.

Is this right, The ad says that its a smart car stereo adapter but is it just universal?

If so theres also a 8 pin one for a mini on there, guess that would work aswell.

Just wondering as ive seen little boxes on ebay that do the same thing but are £30!

cheers, Tom

Mattwood

Mar 7, 2009
Nr Southampton
Hey guys, just bought an ibiza and saw this thread.

Is this right, The ad says that its a smart car stereo adapter but is it just universal?

If so theres also a 8 pin one for a mini on there, guess that would work aswell.

Just wondering as ive seen little boxes on ebay that do the same thing but are £30!

cheers, Tom

I'll send you the link for the one i bought when i get home (im at work at the minute and dont have time to hunt it down)

But it was essentially a cable with an ISO type connector on the back, cost me £10 delivered from Hong Kong and arrived within a week

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise