1.4 beeza Pulling to one side under MEDIUM braking!!

ROCKS-87

Feb 12, 2009
Hey People, this is first time im writing up on this section. YES I have checked the 'SEARCH' section and found similar questions but not same. LOL

Basically my 1.4 Beeza locks up back wheels and back goes to left side if u slam foot on brakes at only 40mph :redface:. I changed the rear brake drums and shoes ( most fiddly annnoyin job eva done) and beeza brakes better but still harshly skids and pulls to left!! :cry: any ideas....?

Ps. Me and pops bled the rear brakes, and checked the hanbrake adjustments cos i was told by previous owner handbrake was recently done, still no joy....

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
check the front calipers - could be a sticking piston or more likely the sliders the calipers fits on to

make sure it's all free moving and cleaned up

a good tell of a problem is obvious uneven wear in the pads, looks for one that is thinner than the others but knowing what they are like it'll be worth giving em all a going over

ROCKS-87

Feb 12, 2009
Ok Cool. Ima have 2 check it out next week or so, when get some tools 2gether, not around this weekend. Seems like a common problem cause lots of posts on here about brake problems. LOL Have u changed the capilers before? isit as tricky as the rear brakes??

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
easy to do pads if you managed the rear shoe's - probably easier

in reality i would change discs/pads same time and clean up/check calipers are all good 'n' free whilst it's all apart

ROCKS-87

Feb 12, 2009
Ok Cool. yh prob needs it. Is there a certain brand or type disks and pads that are gd 2 use...? Im looking for gd quality but not expensive say middle of the range...?:confused:

ROCKS-87

Feb 12, 2009
Brembo make good standard discs and I think I've got standard ATE pads. Try Euro Car Parts or GSF, ask for 'best quality'.

Ok seeeeeeeeen!!! ima have a butchers. always thought brembo was best of best. c wot i can find. thanks for the heads up. ;)

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Depending what year your car is, it may have 2 brake pressure regulators which we still sell regularly. They look like brass bullets and if you follow your metal brake pipes back from the master cylinder you will find them on the bulkhead.

ROCKS-87

Feb 12, 2009
Depending what year your car is, it may have 2 brake pressure regulators which we still sell regularly. They look like brass bullets and if you follow your metal brake pipes back from the master cylinder you will find them on the bulkhead.

Mine is one of the older ones M reg 95 I think. OK so do they usually need replacing, they seize up or somethin??

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
They are known to fail internally and cause the imbalance. If the shoes and cylinders have been done, these are pretty much the only thing left controlling the rear brakes. Also bear in mind the front caliper slides sieze so its good practice to strip and clean the front end too.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.