1.6 TDI Sport Cruise control

welsh_kai_boy

Hi Guys I am new here so here goes my first post.

I currently have an Octavia VRs and I am looking at buying a 1.6TDI Sport with conv pack and bluetooth. Ideally i want cruise control otherwise have to wait for factory order (4 month lead time) problem is i am being told that cruise cannot be retrospectavly be fitted like it was on my Octavia (stalk and ECU VAGCOM change).

before i commit to buying this car or planning to factory order does anyone know if it can be retro fitted on the MK5?

any help much apprciated.

WKB

EdHorny

Loves his Boc.
Oct 12, 2008
Burntwood
Might be able to. A new indicator stalk will be needed & VAG-COM to enable. It's over my head but I heard that people have done it to MK2 Leons. Maybe a Seat technician.... can help.

ED

Piston N Broke

May 27, 2009
Banbury Oxon
I looked in to this when was getting my car (1.9 TDI Sport), JKM in Portsmouth said they could do at as an aftermarket fit using VAG parts. But as your engine as very new (1.6 TDI CR) i fear you may have problems with the software side of the instillation.
I managed to find a car from stock with CC fitted, so i would recommend ordering your new car with it.
The system works well and i find it very useful.:clap:

I hope this helps,

Barrie:D

welsh_kai_boy

many thanks all for your pointers, i am waiting for the dealer to let me know so fingers crossed eithr it can be done or i will have to order new.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Make the retrofit Cruise a condition of the sale, That's what I did with my old mk4 Ibiza. I told them, no cruise control, no sale. Lets be honest the cost of CC is haggle/barter money and they have the ability to order,fit and program the parts for you.

Go For it.

welsh_kai_boy

They rang me Friday night asking if i had made a decision, I told them no CC then no sale. I will have to factory order if they can't work it out....they are still looking.....:confused:

welsh_kai_boy

Spoke to them today and still no firm confirmation that it can be done.....they will keep trying differnt options to see if anyone in SEAT can confirm either way.

Any techs here who might know or could find out for me with part numbers etc??

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Remember on the MK5 Ibiza as with the Mk4 its a combined wiper and indicator stalk so costs a bit more. I havent done one a MK5, not even looked into it but done plenty of MK4's. Activating it shouldnt be an issue I wouldnt have thought. Just depends on how you get to wiring plug oin bulkhead or if you can run wire to the engine ecu through the bulkehead.

welsh_kai_boy

Thanks for the reply, SEAT have confirmed that it cannot be done so i have had to decline buying the care.

thnaks again for all your time

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I will bet you a fiver it can be done but the dealer just can't be bothered to sort it for you. they have dropped the idea in favour of another buyer who doesn't want CC on the car.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
I'd be suprised if it cannot be done. However there wont be a kit so it wont be type approved so in theory its a bit of a grey area if they can do it and it wont be covered under warranty.

welsh_kai_boy

not sure, dealer is very keen for me to have the car as i am already an existing customer so trying to keep me happy. on the vrs it was an approved kit on their parts system so easy and covered by warranty.

i agree it should just be a vagcom change but they have to go by SEAT techie advice

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.