1.8 20VT MK2 Ibiza Conversion GT2871RS

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
yea attach the gearbox before it all goes back in... makes it 200x easier :)
rear engine mount is the same, front engine mount has been replaced with a solid mount to cope with the extra few horses...
Makes a few rattles when it starts initially but after then it doesnt rattle at all :)

the charge pipe i wont know until the engine is back in and i can start plumbing the intercooler back in again... chances are i wont use it though as i want to send the pipework round the side of the engine if possible

The powder coat is perfect theyve done an amazing job at them :D well pleased. Now just got to drop the crank off to get balanced with the new internals and i can start building it back up....
Of course after giving everything another clean :/

crossedmike

right im tempted to replace my front one looking a little sorry for its self and after the miss hap at gti international snapping on the way hope i sorta bodged it doh lol

and i love the colour u have gone for :)

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
theres a chap on club gti that sells the solid ally mounts for 40 quid delivered i think it is.
Id suggest having a bit ground off it tho and add a piece of rubber or something to it... thats what im attempting to do anyway just to give it that tiny bit of a cushion. Just had 10mm taken off it, also just to rock the engine forward a bit too

the colour i just wanted a standard looking type of silver, just makes it easy to clean and looks mental smooth :) ha.
The black is perfect its such a nice colour, its textured too so i imagine when its on itll look spot on

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
yea its called crackle black, looks really good and i imagine pretty hard wearing... Benefits to me for cleaning is that it wont scratch and go dull like a shiny black powder coat would...

The silver was chosen for ease of cleaning... and obviously because it looks like new now :) if that scratches it wont look too different i dont think

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
love the crackle effect!
was gonna do my sideskirts, splitter etc if I kept my ibiza lol

phil, a place in brum does it, will try find the link :)

daves ibiza

hi mate nice build fair play, be nice to see progress on turbo side of things as im going same route keep up good work mate ;)

crossedmike

well just thought would let you know when im in my garage your build thread is always open to help and look through in what to do next and probs woulnt of been able to get it started if your thread wasnt so good :)

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
Cheers chap :)
Glad it can be of use to someone... just shows though that its not the easiest of things to do in the world which many make out :D

Note to self... dont ever remove the injector seats from the inlet again
hrs and several extra seats later it was the worst 'simple' job ive undertaken

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
Just a cheeky update :)
The engine is currently off being built up with all the forged bits and bobs, and newly balanced bottom end...
Also bought some new SAMCO hoses to replace the old ones, as theyd discoloured for some reason :/
Just adapted the new hose for the nitrous injector :)

P231210_1554Small.jpg

And given the engine bay a lick of 2k paint

P191210_1135Small.jpg

crossedmike

Ohhh very nice ;) and where was the old samco was is the induction connector ? I'm all plumbed in waiting for cooler & loom now ;)

When u getting engine back :)

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
that pipe was the throttle body inlet that, look horrendous though so it had to be swapped... also bought one for the front where theres a red one at the moment... gonna see what it looks like, though i might try white and black aswell :/

I get the engine back around new year i think... all being well.... its with a guy i thoroughly trust to do a good job of it, builds V8 race engines daily so i have faith :D
Then its just a case of slapping it all together and get it running... Shouldnt be too much into the new year before im running it in hopefully :D

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
well just got the engine back... half finished... majorly pissed off after 6 weeks of having it, the chap managed to gap the rings and that it, so now its going to a mates to be built up...
Hopefully have it back in a week but then again it was only meant to be 2 the first time round :(

crossedmike

Found this on google I thought it was a replica of your car untill I noticed the plate
a3d3673f.jpg

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.