1.9 TDI Front Mount Intercooler

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
Hey guys,

I've heard plenty of stories about why not to get FM intercoolers etc.... But i'm still going ahead with it lol

I'm having a bit of trouble though, the standard intercooler has got the sensor plugged into it, so i was wondering what part i'd need for that same connector to plug into.

It's the charge pressure sensor if i'm right, Anyways if anybody has some knowledge that can help on which pipe to buy that would be really helpful.

It would be so much easier to attatch the new FMIC after the standard intercooler... But that's just gonna be stupid haha. So help me out if you want.

Thanks guys

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
its the map sensor thats plugged into it and forge make a pipe with a fitment for it. what kind of front mount are you thinking of fitting?

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
Yeah that's the one. Well not really a big one, something with a low pressure drop that will see me through to when i change the injectors and stuff...

Say about 650mm long, about 200mm high. Thanks for the info, can i get that from their site?

EDIT

forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMMAPT

That the one i'd need? Thanks

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
yes mate thats the one, if your in the northwest area i have a standard full size cupra tdi 150 fmic and rad just lying in my garage at home, if you want them you can have them if you can pick them up, its no use to me now.

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
the north west is a bit far for me tbh sorry mate, but thanks alot for the offer.

Well i'm gona order that part now, and in about 3 weeks i'll have all the parts so hopefully i'll put up some pics of it as i'm going along. Thanks again MJ :)

Is mine the 63mm pipe ?

Last edited:

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
the north west is a bit far for me tbh sorry mate, but thanks alot for the offer.

Well i'm gona order that part now, and in about 3 weeks i'll have all the parts so hopefully i'll put up some pics of it as i'm going along. Thanks again MJ :)

Is mine the 63mm pipe ?

No it'll be 45 or 57mm i think

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
Well if you get the right size let me know ok. Because i got lot's of 2.5" pipe (64mm) i can use, so hopefully i can use it.. :\

Last edited: