1 lady owner mk1 Leon cupra black

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
I think the original Mk1 TT (before the safety recall) will be an out and out classic as it's rocking horse poo and has a reputation. Apart from that... classics have always changed out of necessity so don't think they'll be disappearing any time in the next.... 50 years (remember, EVs suck atm, and whilst ICE cars will be phased out, that's new car sales only)
Me and my friend bought a 98k mile Audi TT 225 in Nogaro Blue. Special order paint at £2500 when new. I believe there was only ever 9 Nogaro Blue 225’s ever specced.

we bought it for £1300 and it now sits in his garage for the next 10-20 years. It came with no service history so we took a punt on it. Trip to Audi and jackpot the car has full Audi service history so we have managed to source that.

hopefully i’m correct.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
The car is way too expensive unless with a stack of receipts for a host of stuff that’s been done in last 20k
It’s at a mileage that stuff will want to fail. From thermostats to maf sensors, door locking modules etc. Suspension will be miles from factory feel unless recently done.
Its not that it’s bad. It it’s about now that problems occur due to life of parts.
When they’ve been modded usually a small fortune has been spent and they run like new.
Mine is one such example.
Bought with 49k on the clock and thought I’d done really well paying 4,600 3.5 years back.
Mine ended up a money pit. Not from me wanting to mod but had few failures that were expensive.
Turbo, VVT tensioner etc. So one never knows.
At that mileage things certainly are near end of life expectancy.
Lastly there are cars with mileage at 70 odd being offered at same price. Just worth searching.

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3”Custom exhaust, FMIC, Bosh 550’s, BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.

Reactions: Nam-uk

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
I think I’ll just stick with the under dog mk2 Leon. Which was and probably is the worst example of a mk2 Leon cupra in history. I saved this car from being scrapped and have spent a lot on making it bullet proof and better from stock. Oem+ Is my thing. I’ll probably end up waiting for a black k1 to come up dirt cheap and put my running gear onto a cleaner shell. The plan has always been to abuse this on track and not to worry about putting miles on it as it’s a driver not a keeper. Thanks everyone for your help really appreciate all your time for posting.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.