16 valve conversion

stevie.1977

hi, can anyone tell me wat is involved in the 16 valve conversion, at the moment i have a 2.0 litre 8 valve, i have done alot of engine swaps in the past but mainly just the same type of engine going back in, or can anyone suggest another conversion?????

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
I think clutch and flywheel are very different,so consider gear box swap also,so you will be going from rod change 8v gear box to cable(read slack) 16V gearbox/pedal box.
What is the reason for the swap?

stevie.1977

the 8 valve is old with a lot of mileage now, its not feeling to good,dont get me wrong you cant beat the 8 valve but its not picking up to good so i was wondering wat conversion to go for or maybe strip it and rebuild it with some aftermarket mods, i dont want to change the car because i think it looks good, wat do you suggest??

stevie.1977

how about a turbo conversion on my 2.0 8 valve after a rebuild??

stevie.1977

there is plenty of space at the front of the engine to, will have to have a look into that :)

vngtx

theres just enough space at the back to fit a turbo, and enough space in the front bumper to squeeze an intercooler in. only problem is getting a downpipe that will fit. everything is straight forward. i cant reveal how to do it cos that would be no fun :cartman:

stevie.1977

mine seems to have loads of space at the front of the engine, do you have to fit low compression pistons though??

vngtx

nope just stack head gaskets but you must keep it a low boost. because its not a crossflow head its very easy for the pressure to build up too much for the engine to take. if your planning on gettin high power gains i would suggest different engine eg 1.8t or even VRT :p