16v Manifold that fits without modification

T108

Jul 2, 2008
Hi guys just thought id let you all know there is an exhaust manifold out there which fits the 16v without bashing the bulkhead up!

Bad part is all i can tell you its mk2 golf fittment origonaly intended for the short block 1.8
however it fits perfectly, doesn't knock on anything even with standard engine mounts.

here are a couple of pics, i've posted threads on VW vortex to try and find out what make it is but no joy as yet, I picked it up on ebay for 60quid, bargain i thought

13853_159230382561_791122561_2773607_4096988_n.jpg

13853_159230372561_791122561_2773606_7272867_n.jpg

i've even found a picture of one new on another forum but no one knows what make it is there either!

Oettinger_manifol_heat_wrapped.sized.jpg

T108

Jul 2, 2008
more bad news for anyone else the only thing i can find out about this manifold is that is might be an extreemly rare Oettinger one

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
Unicorns are easier to find than a tubular manifold for a 16v ibiza unfortunately. Iir Dinky Dave has one fitted to his but it needed some "adjustment" to the firewall. I know Hottuning (e-gay) did some 2 peice 4-2-1 manifolds but not sure how well they fitted

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Nice! Looking at the pics it's just the manifold part.... whereas with TSR/Top Gear/Hot Tuning it's manifold & downpipe in one. Guess it mates up with the oem downpipe?

If so would be easier to fit as depending what year or if the cat has been changed over the years the downpipe is part of the cat. Meaning with mine you may need flanges made up.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Didn't bill have one gold plated and locked away somewhere :):)

maybe he will treat us to a piccy of it

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
The TSR manifold is marked up for a Mk3 Golf, the ABF engine is a "tall block" whereas the Mk2 Golfs were classed as short blocks really.

I contacted TSR-they have in development a manifold for mk2 golf with ABF, which i think is slightly different to what we would need on ibiza/cordoba, but here is there response! so if anyone wants to donate their car to TSR for a week or so, or possibly a group buy???

Hi Naz,

We have thought about this but the enquiries are quite small for these. However we think we could adapt the mk2 manifold to fit the ibiza and mk3 golf. What we would need is a car to borrow to see how it fitted. It would be worth posting something up as if you got ten people confirmed we would make them anyway even if it was a complete new design.

Regards Rob
TSR Performance
www.tsr-performance.com
www.tsr-performancestore.com
www.forged-pistons.co.uk

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
where are they?

my junker is gonna be off the road at the end of the month if they need to borrow a car as i won't be needing it or using it for a least a few month's.

it's still fitted with a standard manifold and one piece original downpipe/cat if that helps

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
got a few bits about the different cat's and downpipe's to explain so i'll sort it from my home email later but ye if you get chance to say they are welcome to the car no worries

mine still has the original all in one cat and downpipe which seems rare but when they were replaced to make it easier to fit cos of the subframe the new one comes as a seperate pipe and cat but mine's due a change anyway so could be ideal

according to Etka both parts are the same for ABF + AGG and being Bosal dealers i can get my hand's on a new AGG cat to use too so hopefully they should have the parts needed to tweak it for 8+16v using that new cat

be handy to know how many 16v's out there are using the split type cat or original all in one.

i'll email him later see what they say

Last edited:

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
no worries / fingers crossed then

I've just *ahem* stock ordered in a new cat/pipe and fittings anyway ;)

btw - anyone with an old cat that's needing changing before you bin it let me know as i can gut it to make a hidden decat

Last edited:

tsrperformance

Forum Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
Manifold

Hi everyone if we had a ibiza to borrow we are sure we could adapt either our kr 16v manifold or abf mk2 manifold to fit the ibiza. The difficult part will be putting a flexible flange that can bolt up to the cat. As said in the e-mail to make production parts we would need to order a batch of ten minimum so therefore if we had some confirmed buyers would be happy to design one.

Fl@pper

Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Pending delivery of a new Cat/pipe that you will need to match up to, there's a car available here if you wanna borrow one

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members