18" wheels?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Hey guys. My Boca is on order and I was wondering if the Leon Cupra 18" wheels would fit the Boca. I have got the racing brake upgrade too so was wondering. They looked frikken awesome on the concept and since mine will be white I would like a set of them in black. Any ideas on this and can the dealership do it?

Jul 11, 2009
Dorking
Hey guys. My Boca is on order and I was wondering if the Leon Cupra 18" wheels would fit the Boca. I have got the racing brake upgrade too so was wondering. They looked frikken awesome on the concept and since mine will be white I would like a set of them in black. Any ideas on this and can the dealership do it?
18" on a daily driver would be an expensive move. the roads are more potholes than smooth tarmac these days, 18"s will last a week at the most before you loose a tyre or bend a rim. if i could run 16"s on my Cupra i would, but they don't fit over the AP calipers. i ran 14" on my trackday Arosa and not much got past me at Castle Combe. F1 cars don't run low profile tyres. 18" would be a show car, Max power thing to me. of course you can do your thing, i respect anyone who gives something different a try.

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
18"...... i think someone is getting a bit greedy haha,

if they fit mate go for it, as long as your prepared for the ride 'un'comfort =p

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
LOL. Thanks guys, was just thinking about it. Valid points though about ride comfort. Waiting to hear from the dealership what the price will be on the seat sport suspension. Does need to be a little lower as the gap between tyre and fender looks like the grand canyon!

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
mmmmmmmmm "rubbing hands together" hehehehehehehehehe. Seems I wil be shopping next year then. Thanks techie.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Great! I am watching the other thread to see if pics go up once they are in. Fortunately I have time hehehehe. By the way, what do you have to do in order to be able to finally put pictures up here? I don't do the photobucket thing and am not too clued up with putting links in. I know, I am stoopid hehehehehhe

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
basically i use image shack, you upload your picture and it will give you a link, copy the link into this and put

that should work for you,

alternativly you can just upload the image and post the link, then when someone clicks the link they will be taken to the image

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Must say the more I think about it the more I recon the new Leon Cupra R alloys would look amazing. Just like the concept. Would want them dark grey like on the normal boc.

craigboca

Sep 21, 2009
Glasgow
never want to try and put someone off an idea because I don't like it when people do it to me but personally I think the standard wheels are about right 18's would look pretty massive

bit of lowering and I think it will look perfect

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
LOL. Thanks guys, the feedback is fantastic! Pitty the PCD differs coz I do think those cupra rims will look the part and you do have a point Mardon. I reckon the same grey as the boc rims would look proper!!! The rims on the FR are the same style as the concept if I am not mistaken, just needed to be 18's hahahahhahahha

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise