1st mods induction kit or not?

Slossy

Hi all, I've just bought a 2001 leon cupra and am looking at getting a remap and a few mods done. From browsing this forum which is full of useful info I have decided to get a remap and upgrade the dump valve and panel filter ( got a good quote for this).

Is it worth also getting the indcution kit done at the same time, what sort of gains, effects would this have?

Thanks and happy new year to you all!

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
well you either go panel filter or induction..

if your going panel filter then follow d.k's guide to smoothing the airbox for increased flow.
if your going induction then keep away from oil based ones as they cause trouble with the maf sensor..

to get the most power you need a re-map sometime or another so get yourself a dv fitted before hand

hope this helps

Slossy

Thanks for the info guys, as you can probably tell I am a complete novice to this!!
I think i will go with the upgraded dv and panel filter and stage 1 remap and have a go at smoothing the airbox if I feel brave!! Maybe get exhaust and other mods done in the future!

Slossy

Is it worth me gettting a silicon tip done at this stage or is it only necessary when going for stage 2?

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
its best to upgrade the tip before a map as the soft rubber standard one caves in under high preassure
im sure a few people on here have still got standard tip's but best to be safe than sorry

cupra.rich

Dec 20, 2008
what sort of money are you looking at for a remap

anywhere from £250-£500 i would say but around £300-£350 is good, ive just sold my scoob and got a leon. arent they soooooo different and the leon feels like a slug compared!
what scooby did you have?

basemanuk

scooby to leon
Sep 30, 2008
chelmsford
had a 2.0l turbo and i miss it so so much! my wife is due a baby anyday now so it had to go!
my friend had a leon and iv always liked them, there quite quick and good as a family car so i got 1.
i miss the scoob but im lovin the comfort and the quietness of the leon. the subaru was loud and roar

Slossy

My insurance company (Admiral) won't insure a remaped car so gonna have to wait until my insurance is up for renewal in June, oh well could be worse!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.