2.0 16v - What sort of performance should I expect?

lanceneoman

The Turbo Power
Aug 24, 2008
west mids
crezz mate. ur lucky to live in woolacombe.icome down every month and stay the woolacombe bay holiday park.thinking ofmoving down there but theres nowhere towork is there?

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
i know the sites very well mate.. how come you come down every month?? what are you looking for full time or part time work? what about finding a property?

BrownCupra

Nov 13, 2008
Also had that out of my old 16v downhill with a bit of a tail wind, maybe cordys are just quicker ;)

What kind of RPM is the car hitting at 120? mine was maxed out when doing 150!

At that speed im in 4th gear and its doing over 5000rpm if i remember right...if i put it in 5th it slows down again. I wouldnt start this week and needed a new coil pack which doesnt arive til monday, im wondering if its anx better when i get it back lol

KIWI16V

I got over taken by a damn diesel mondeo and could'nt catch him until he hit a red light. Mine certainly ain't quick. Think I will give it to a mechanic to see if the timing is out. Runs and drives smooth enough though just not much power to be had.
:cry:

BrownCupra

Nov 13, 2008
Wel I get mine back tonite its had a new coil pack because it wouldnt start a new sump because someone had bodged some gash patches on the old one and a new timing belt.

I hope the old gal goes a bit better this time, if not I think its going to have to be a rolling road session which sound expensive [:@]

lanceneoman

The Turbo Power
Aug 24, 2008
west mids
ive been thinking of renting but it wont be until next year when the gf has qualified as a nurse. i just love it there. the beach, the people so much nicer never seems to be any trouble and i love surfing. i pay £10 for all day rental. its great

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
ive been thinking of renting but it wont be until next year when the gf has qualified as a nurse. i just love it there. the beach, the people so much nicer never seems to be any trouble and i love surfing. i pay £10 for all day rental. its great

get down here bud! :)

it is alot more trouble free but if your like me which have lived here all your life you get fed up with holiday makers! lol :doh:

lanceneoman

The Turbo Power
Aug 24, 2008
west mids
well im not a holiday maker anymore i dont think, come down too often to be one. any ideas how much it is to rent down there decent two bedroom house. but then again i dont know what id do for a job because the nearest work place is barnstable isnt it. ill be coming down next march now

ibizacupra88

cupra dean
Apr 8, 2007
weymouth
lanceneoman, i go to woolacombe every other weekend, as lond as the surf report is good, to go bodyboarding. going to learn to surf in the summer.

my valver is running a bit sluggish at the mo not sure why?

Last edited:

lanceneoman

The Turbo Power
Aug 24, 2008
west mids
yeah will do mate. ill add you as a friend and let you know when im down. you married or anything mate. or a gf cuz the mrs ul feel left out lol

Novataken

8v on Bike carbs ;)
Jul 30, 2008
Scunthorpe
lanceneoman, i go to woolacombe every other weekend, as lond as the surf report is good, to go bodyboarding. going to learn to surf in the summer.

my valver is running a bit sluggish at the mo not sure why?

Throttle body might have some crap in it.. have a look and clean it

ReggieB

Aug 27, 2008
Surrey
I serviced my cupra 2.0 16v and the other night on a pvt road played with a 325i BMW, gave him stick though all the gears. mine is purring like a kitten.

Feb 17, 2008
huntingdon
just re-answering the origional question (my last post refferred to my old 8v), my new 16v managed a very easy 125mph and was still pulling well in 4th. got a bit unstable then!(knackered rear dampers...gets a bit bouncey/wandery!:blink:)