2.0tdi cat to back and chip ?

Charlieboy

Nov 10, 2012
Hello my fellow members, aint been on here in a while been really busy with work tryna get the penny together to do all the mods ;)

So im in the process of getting some 18s refurbed ready to install with spacers. Spoiler and aide skirts are in the mix at some point.

But the real question is if i get a straight through pipe from cat to back, what sort of noise am i gna gain from that.?

And the the car is still under warranty so plan is to make it bolt on bolt off.

Second question is is there anyway of mapping or chippin it without dealers knowing ?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Second question is is there anyway of mapping or chippin it without dealers knowing ?

Other than a plug in tuning box - NO - the dealers would find a map if they needed to get out of a warranty claim.

EDIT - a custom stainless system can be had for around £300 ( single box ) - and the sound could be tailored you what you want.

Last edited:

Charlieboy

Nov 10, 2012
Other than a plug in tuning box - NO - the dealers would find a map if they needed to get out of a warranty claim.

EDIT - a custom stainless system can be had for around £300 ( single box ) - and the sound could be tailored you what you want.

So a plug in box once removed the dealer wont see it on diognostics ?

Where can i source a stainless system ?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
So a plug in box once removed the dealer wont see it on diognostics ?

Where can i source a stainless system ?

Plug in box - no - once removed there is nothing to see.

stainless system - google powerflow exhausts - find the most local dealer to you.
they will build a system to your specification.

Charlieboy

Nov 10, 2012
Plug in box - no - once removed there is nothing to see.

stainless system - google powerflow exhausts - find the most local dealer to you.
they will build a system to your specification.

Ok mate will check them when i get in and ok any recomendations for a chip box ?

Charlieboy

Nov 10, 2012
Just spoke to my local powerflow dealer, quoted me £250 cat to back system fitted. Not a bad price atall. With double exit on one side like standard.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.