2.0tfsi weird loss of boost please help!

Rhys

Nov 20, 2018
Hi everyone I have had this issue since taking owner ship of the car when it was stock now stage 1

I have changed every service item plugs coil filters dv n75 etc

I have experienced this odd boost problem has gotten worse since mapped as more obviously boost.

so 3rd gear or above you floor it it picks up boost how it should then around 3-4K it’s as if the turbo has been turned down (boost) can hear a boost boost leak kinda sound when this is happening it dosnt sound like a dump just a flow of air.

then it starts to gain boost again and continues to boost normal and will do the same thing 1-2 with in that 3-4K window throughout all gears above 2nd (probably boosting more over second gear)

I have a boost gauge and when it happens I’m boosting full at around 22ish psi (cheap boost gauge) (only used for testing not on all the time)

then it will drop suddenly to about 10psi and continue to boost normally back to 22 ish as said may do this 1-2 times each gear

but sometimes it doesn’t do this at all.

Any ideas? Hopefully having a garage look at the n75 hoses next week or week after as the original garage that fitted (I was being lazy as the n75 is way to hard to get to) did a terrible job even using ZIP TIES instead of hose clamps I have since fitted clamps myself but maybe there leaking or something who knows.

Any help would be very appreciated it’s not a massive annoyance but will soon be going stage 2 plus so want to iron all the kinks out first many thanks!!