2 problems - no reverse light and airbag light won't go off!!

kleo456

please can someone help me:help:

i have an 03 reg seat ibiza

Firstly 5 lights came on on the dash yesterday but after changing some fuses they have all gone off except for the airbag light, i have tried the key switch in the glovebox but the light will not go off.:(

Also my reverse light has stopped working, we have tried a new bulb and the fuse, any ideas??

Thanks

Carly

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
please can someone help me:help:

i have an 03 reg seat ibiza

Firstly 5 lights came on on the dash yesterday but after changing some fuses they have all gone off except for the airbag light, i have tried the key switch in the glovebox but the light will not go off.:(

Also my reverse light has stopped working, we have tried a new bulb and the fuse, any ideas??

Thanks

Carly

Have you switched the airbag OFF ? - the light stays on all the time if you switch it off with the key.

Have a look at the reverse light switch - the wire sometimes snaps off

kleo456

How would i have switched it off? would it be the thing in the glovebox? if so i have tried that.

Where would i find the wire that you are talking about for reverse light?

Thanks for your reply

Carly

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
How would i have switched it off? would it be the thing in the glovebox? if so i have tried that.

Where would i find the wire that you are talking about for reverse light?

Thanks for your reply

Carly

Have you been doing anything else on the car where you might have unplugged an airbag ? - behind the dash, under the seats etc. have another look at the fuses - i have missed a blown fuse before.

The reverse light switch is either on top or on the upper front of the gearbox depending on the gearbox fitted ( Under the airfilter box )