2008 Ibiza Cupra remap

Natanel

Hello,
I went to the local upsolute dealer and he remaped my car.
I have 2008 Ibiza cupra.

I know that the stock HP is 180, Can anyone please tell me how much I have now???
Also, I don't know how much the car boost (Can it be 1.4 bar???)
I don't want to install a boost gauge because I will loose warranty.

Last question,
What is the boost limit for this turbo???
What's the efficiency range of this turbo???

Thank you,
Natanel.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I don't want to install a boost gauge because I will loose warranty.

If you mean the manufacturer's warranty, you've already lost it by virtue of getting it remapped.

Upsolute should have been able to tell you what kind of figures to expect, but the only real way of finding out for sure is to put it on a rolling road and they should be able to measure it for you. However, as a word of warning, not all rolling roads are equal...

Natanel

I see,
I checked with vag com and I'm boosting at 1,2 bar.

is it the maximum the turbo can boost??

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
no, infact thats pretty low, revo remaps for example can hit 1.5-1.6bar, yours must be a fairly conservative map. prob not a bad thing though if the car hasnt done much mileage

but i cant help laugh that you were worried about how a boost gauge would affect your warranty when you've had a remap :cartman:

Last edited:

Natanel

when you remap your car it's very hard to know that the car has been modified,
You can only tell by check the boost. (also, you can always roll back to stock map)
if you want to install a boost gauge then you must cut the pipe to connect the T adaptor.
If Seat see that the pipe has been cut they will loose the warranty!!!

Is there a better remap from upsolute for this car???

Thank you,
Natanel.

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
Dont just go by boost figures.

Just because you are running lower boost than other maps, does not mean its not a better performing map.

Any map which overboosts at 1.6bar is guaranteed to tail off sooner than a lower overboost map which holds a higher nominal.

We certainly dont map this turbo to 1.6 bar. Too spikey and not necessary to run that boost.

Natanel

If I will run at 1.4 1.5 BAR. will It be optimal for my car?

I can always change it manualy in the WASTEGATE.

right???

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
when you remap your car it's very hard to know that the car has been modified,
You can only tell by check the boost. (also, you can always roll back to stock map)
if you want to install a boost gauge then you must cut the pipe to connect the T adaptor.
If Seat see that the pipe has been cut they will loose the warranty!!!

Is there a better remap from upsolute for this car???

Thank you,
Natanel.

or you could replace the vac hose and remove it if you had to take it back to the dealer...or you could cut it and just fit a joiner instead of a t piece......

certainly alot less noticeable than a remap anyway, and not ever remap available has the ability to switch back to the stock map without having to go back to the mapper themself.

i doubt upsolute do a different remap, tbh i dont rate them either, their website figures are total guesstimates

dont fiddle with the actuator, that will definitely void your warranty, and put the car in limp mode

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.